CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:11 am

Hockey needs to get costs under control - there is no doubt of that. Players need to be fairly compensated - no arguement there. Here is a simple solution:

Have every player in the league start at the same salary (lets say 2 million a year - that's a good starting point). Any further compensation is directly related to performance. If you score 20 goals, you get another $500,000, 50 goals, another million etc..etc..

That way you are paid according to how well you do EACH YEAR. Which helps prevent some guy from making 6 million and sitting on his thumbs. Of course goaltenders would need to be paid according to shutouts or GAA.

Hey...it works in golf and tennis - you don't produce, you don't get paid.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:14 am

They lost me those whores. When does Team Canada suit up again? That will be the only hockey I will go out of my way to watch now. FUCK the NHL.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:33 pm

I think is a great idea to pay the players on prefomance for season. The better the season the more your paid :idea: :idea:

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:30 am

Wheels Wheels:
I think is a great idea to pay the players on prefomance for season. The better the season the more your paid :idea: :idea:

BILLIONAIRES FIGHTING MILLIONAIRS

Then you will have some of the best up and coming players ending up on crappy teams and not be able to reach their performance markers so they can get their bonus money.
Would you let the players have the final say as what team they go to? I don’t think so.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:35 am

Hopper Hopper:
Have every player in the league start at the same salary (lets say 2 million a year - that's a good starting point).

Not every player in the league is worth that much, or even close to that much. Also, some players aren't on the team to score goals, etc. Some only play in a few games, or have a few short shifts per game, or are the tough guys on the team and shouldn't be paid an amount like you proposed. I understand your idea, and yes it seems fair, and I realize you are just throwing out ideas here, but it would never happen. A number would never be agreed upon and the players would never go for it.

I've tried to ignore all the crap the media keeps going on and on about. I'm enjoying my WHL season tickets, and Junior B hockey!!! :mrgreen: