CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:20 am

martin14 wrote:
rickc wrote:
I don't think its fair for the critics to say Jr. never had it. He had great potential when he came on the scene. Its not easy to watch your father die in a crash, and then be expected to fill the shoes of one of the greatest drivers that ever lived. Not many among us could live up to those expectations. The crash at Infineon in 2004 didn't help matters either. When you almost burn to death in a car crash, a fear of death is certain to set in. You can't have a fear of dying and be at the top of your game in motorsports. Politics,fighting with his stepmother,unrealisticly high expectations,and instant rockstar status is to much burden for anyone to bear. He needs to clear his head of all the bullshit distrtactions. Get his head back in the game,and drive like I know he is capable of doing.

It seems the sons never really live up to the fathers.
Junior started ok, but you could see he never really had the killer instinct the old man had, and I'll agree that money got in the way for both Kyle and Junior.

The old man had other crashes before Daytona, didnt slow him down much.
Senior died with his boots on doing what he loved, I can think of many worse ways to go.

It kind of sucks to watch Junior lead one or two laps on yellow, everyone gets excited, then immediately after green he starts to drop back.
The Four Horsemen should have cured him of DEI, but it hasn't.
He cannot now complain of shitty equipment, so it really is just him.

GO SMOKE !!!! :)

Boo-urns!

Go Jeff Gordon!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:22 am

I just don't get NASCAR ? :|

Seems like the ultimate bore.

P.S Gunny awesome avatar. The big lebowski 8) The dude in my nick is inspired from it aswell. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:05 am

desertdude wrote:
I just don't get NASCAR ? :|

Seems like the ultimate bore.

P.S Gunny awesome avatar. The big lebowski 8) The dude in my nick is inspired from it aswell. :D

NASCAR races really depend on the track.

Superspeedways like Daytona and Talladega have high speeds, lots of passing, and if there's wrecks, they're spectacular. Short tracks and road courses have lots of beating and banging and hot tempers. It's the cookie-cutter tracks, the 1.5 mile ones, that tend to have the duller races unless of course there;s some tempers going on.

Last year, NASCAR was freer with letting the drivers race and beat on each other, so there was more action and drama.

Next month is the Daytona 500 - the premier race of the season. Big super speedway. A worthhile watch.

:wink:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:34 am

Still, don't understand how going round a oval can be entertaining no matter what the track, its still an oval. Other than the crashes.

Its just one of those things I guess :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:59 am

desertdude wrote:
Still, don't understand how going round a oval can be entertaining no matter what the track, its still an oval. Other than the crashes.

Its just one of those things I guess :D

Watch Daytona next month and you'll see.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:14 am

Thankfully we don't get Nascar here or maybe we do just couldn't be bothered to subscribe to a channel that shows cars going around an oval for hours !

Look a left turn, oh look another left turn, oh my what a suprise another left turn, ladies and gentlemen we can only speculate whats comming up next on this highly unpredictable and tricky circuit. Oh lord no another left turn. Why those cheeky bastards ! :mrgreen:

Now this is proper motorsports

And this is what I truly love doing 8)

Compared to this :D

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V78QFZxooQ

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:30 am

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:41 am

Thats all well and good gunny, but isn't the point of the sport the actual race and not the crashes and fights which in any other form of motor sport is frowned upon ?

Like George says even a 6 year old can drive 500 miles in a circle :mrgreen:

The only motorsport I am intrested in right now is the Dakar 2011. 8) Nothing short of a motor iron man challenge

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:47 am

so DD's only real reason to be here is to show off his ignorance,

his unwillingess to learn anything, and to

up this thread.

Dakaar, the run that was destroyed by an Islamic terrorist email.. funny how you picked that one.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:20 pm

LOL ! You really are something arn't ya ! Bet you had that pent up for a long time now LOOOOOOL !

On a serious note, my CKA experience has been nothing but postive and have learned a whole lot even from people who I don't see eye to eye on like Bart. But you my friend are just a waste of bandwidth. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:50 pm

Image]

This... is..a.. Stockcar thread!

:P

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:48 pm

LOOOL, sorry gunny. Lil martin had derailed it a bit. Ok so back to stock car. By the way isn't stock car anothre variant of drag racing like funny car. And NASCAR is er..well NASCAR ?

Even being a massive petrol head to be really honest I don't like any circuit based motorsports wheter it be NASCAR, TOCA or F1. For both the F1 races held here last year and this year. I had the chance to work as a marshal both times. i,e be right in the heart of the action rub shoulders with F1 celebs but I couldn't be arsed.

I like stuff like rallies, my two favourites being the Dakar and Abu Dhabi desert challenge. I'll admit I was just being purposely obtuse earlier :D

I understand it takes a lot of skill and talent to be a NASCAR driver. Its just not doing lefts on an oval not only do you need a good driver but also excellent pit crews and spotters ( Is that what you call those guys with the binos directing the drivers ). Just that as a spectator sport I find it boring.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:08 pm

Frankly, the local short track is the way to go. Saturday night racing under the lights is it!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:03 am

Gunnair wrote:
Frankly, the local short track is the way to go. Saturday night racing under the lights is it!

DD's idea of Saturday night racing :lol: :lol: :lol:

using forced child labor no less... ;)

is Western Speedway still open Gunnair ?

Current odds list from Vegas for Daytona....

Kyle Busch 8/1
Jimmie Johnson 12/1
Mark Martin 12/1
Jeff Gordon 12/1
Denny Hamlin 12/1
Dale Earnhardt Jr 12/1
Tony Stewart 12/1
Kurt Busch 12/1
Juan Pablo Montoya 15/1
Carl Edwards 15/1
Kevin Harvick 20/1
Matt Kenseth 25/1
Clint Bowyer 25/1
Ryan Newman 25/1
Jamie McMurray 25/1
David Ragan 25/1
Kasey Kahne 30/1
Jeff Burton 30/1
Brian Vickers 30/1
Joey Logano 30/1
Martin Truex Jr 30/1
David Reutimann 30/1
Greg Biffle 40/1
Brad Keselowski 40/1
Marcos Ambrose 50/1
Sam Hornish Jr 50/1
AJ Allmenindinger 50/1
Michael Waltrip 50/1
Casey Mears 60/1
Elliott Sadler 60/1
Bobby Labonte 60/1
Paul Menard 60/1
Scott Speed 100/1

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:54 am

martin14 wrote:
Gunnair wrote:

DD's idea of Saturday night racing :lol: :lol: :lol:

martin, you're getting lazy. This is the picture you wanted. He's not old school.