Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:08 pm

Kansas City wins it 3-1, both teams have identical records of 93-67 and only 2 games left in the season, it could come down to the very last inning.....

GO BLUE JAYS!!

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:02 pm

The Incredible flying Kevin Pillar......

.......should be in line for the Golden Glove.....

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:23 am

Loved the highlights, Hyack..........damn straight he should be nominated for the Golden Glove........never gives up and flies like a bird......so exciting to watch.

1 down ........2 to go. Let's go Blue Jays........Let's GO!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:20 am

Man, what an awful way to lose a game. Sure hope the Jays can pull it together today. Apparently there is a chance that Mark will take to the mound to try and hit 200. Good luck to you Mark. Let's go Blue Jays!!!!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:54 am

The Skydome is almost like a garrenteeed win, I can't believe how hard their trying to lose that opportunity to take first over all.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:43 am

The top spot in the AL is no longer in their hands, although to have any chance the Jays must win today's game at Tampa Bay. Everything depends on what Kansas City does in their game in Minnesota today, a win for the Royals guarantees them the American League top spot. All Toronto can hope for is a win in Tampa Bay and a loss for the Royals in Minnesota, that would give both teams identical records of 94-68! With Toronto's winning record this season against the Royals the top spot would go to the Blue Jays!

GO BLUE JAYS!!

The team that finishes with the American League's top record will face the winner of Tuesday's AL Wild Card Game presented by Budweiser in the AL Division Series. The second-place team will play the winner of the AL West, which has yet to be decided but is between the Rangers and Astros.

GO BLUE JAYS!!

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:42 pm

Doesn't look like a very good decision by Gibbons to have Buehrle start this game to make his 200th inning of the year. Not only is Buehrle having a rough go of things, the outfield have uncharacteristically already given up 2 errors.......

Buehrle pulled after 45 pitches in 2/3 innings pitched with 7 runs scored....

Kansas City up 3-0 in the bottom of the 2nd...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:42 pm

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:53 pm

That could be the end of their chances for top spot in the AL....

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:37 pm

Looks like Texas Rangers in TO Thursday night, I think. :lol: not a easy task.

Go Blue Jays.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:18 pm

Astros, Yanks begin playoffs & Mendoza makes TV history

Jessica Mendoza is making baseball and broadcasting history tonight. And once again, she's concentrating more on the work she's doing than the ground she's breaking.

She is about to become the first female analyst for a nationally televised MLB playoff game. It'll happen when Mendoza calls the Houston Astros vs. the New York Yankees in the American League Wild Card Game presented by Budweiser, along with John Kruk and Dan Shulman, at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:22 pm

Houston Astros defeat NY Yankees 3-0 to win the American League wild card. The Astros will now meet the Kansas City Royals on Thursday to start the 5 game ALDS.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Let's Go Blue Jays............Let's Go! Rock Our World Guys. :rock:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Last time this happened we were working out in the middle of no where, I was living in my RV parked at a camp in a cow parture, 22 and 23 years ago camps weren't like they are now. No cook, no tv, no rec rooms. I was the only person with satellite tv so supper was at my place, most nights there was to many ppl to watch inside, so the tv was outside, had a picnic table, lawn chairs, fire pit and BBQ. We were lucky if we could watch 3 innings because of the hours we worked, many beers drank those October nights. Man those were the days, I'd cash in the bottles and cans from those nights and that would pay for my tank of gas to get back home at freeze up.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:39 pm

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
Last time this happened we were working out in the middle of no where, I was living in my RV parked at a camp in a cow parture, 22 and 23 years ago camps weren't like they are now. No cook, no tv, no rec rooms. I was the only person with satellite tv so supper was at my place, most nights there was to many ppl to watch inside, so the tv was outside, had a picnic table, lawn chairs, fire pit and BBQ. We were lucky if we could watch 3 innings because of the hours we worked, many beers drank those October nights. Man those were the days, I'd cash in the bottles and cans from those nights and that would pay for my tank of gas to get back home at freeze up.

Great story, Alta.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 501 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  10 ... 34  Next