canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:24 pm

Ok I am super excited about tomorrow nights card...is anyone else as jacked as I am...any thoughts on the outcome of the fights?

Ok I am so going with Mir over Lesnar...I just have to go with a dude that is fighting back from some adversities and the underdog. Dont get me wrong I really like Lesnar as a fighter but something about Mir screams Fighter, that he is in it for more than just the belt...hard to explain.

Ok...GSP over Alves...I have to take my boy from Montreal. He is phenomenal!!!! He has the physicality, the agility, the ground game, the stand up game, and the stamina...this is going to be a great fight but GSP will be on top and make that bitch Alves tap.

Ok...Bisping over Henderson...I like both fighters equally but Bisping never runs out of energy. He can throw and dance till his opponent drops dead. If he keeps it a stand up fight I think he will take this.

Ok thats the Three mains on the card...

anyone else care to add to it...and maybe get into a little ground and pound if we dont agree? :lol: [B-o]

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:26 pm

I'm going out to see it tomorrow just for one reason GSP.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:27 pm

Oh ya Bodah!!! its gonna be a great fight...but all of them will be. Watch all and enjoy!!! Cheers [B-o] :rock: :rock: :rock:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:57 am

CAn't wait for it. I'm picking Lesnar, GSP, and Henderson in the main fights.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:00 am

Think the whole clan will be in for this one except for my brother in laws dad and boy won't he be pissed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:01 am

I'll bet you this one breaks viewer records, and brings MMA a step closer to mainstream acceptability - which is cool, because I want to see some in Vancouver.

It's a big debate in Vancouver currently. Whether or not to allow it a major venue here.

The GSP bout is the one I'm looking forward to too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:47 am

N_Fiddledog wrote:
I'll bet you this one breaks viewer records, and brings MMA a step closer to mainstream acceptability - which is cool, because I want to see some in Vancouver.

It's a big debate in Vancouver currently. Whether or not to allow it a major venue here.

It so needs to come to Vancouver...well maybe the outlying areas...Riverrock maybe would be nice or the Starlight would be cool. It would sell out in a heartbeat. At Least Portland is getting a fight...its creeping up the Northwest slowly. :D

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:11 am

N_Fiddledog wrote:

Its an awesome sport, ratings are going through the roof, thanks to spike.

The misinformed think its brutal and dangerous, as soon as you point the reasons why boxing, football and hockey is more dangerous it takes the wind out of their arguement.

I sometimes get its so boring their always on the ground, said the baseball fan.
Baseball there's a boring sport.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:23 am

I'm not sure if this site is going to work or not, but I'm going to give it a try. Going to be connected early before it runs out of room.

http://www.atdhe.net/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:17 pm

TattoodGirl wrote:
N_Fiddledog wrote:

It so needs to come to Vancouver...well maybe the outlying areas...Riverrock maybe would be nice or the Starlight would be cool. It would sell out in a heartbeat. At Least Portland is getting a fight...its creeping up the Northwest slowly. :D

Pfft. The UFC could sellout BC Place in minutes with the right card, especially one with GSP.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:19 pm

N_Fiddledog wrote:

Isn't it more of a debate to allow it at all? It's just another effort by the city council to make sure no one has too much fun in Vancouver.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:23 pm

UFC needs more Canucks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:07 pm

xerxes wrote:
N_Fiddledog wrote:

Isn't it more of a debate to allow it at all? It's just another effort by the city council to make sure no one has too much fun in Vancouver.

There's a church in Surrey that holds MMA matches. I kid you not. But in Vancouver, yeah, I think that's true.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:34 pm

xerxes wrote:
TattoodGirl wrote:
N_Fiddledog wrote:

Pfft. The UFC could sellout BC Place in minutes with the right card, especially one with GSP.

Ya but the pussies that run Vancouver would be crying they would rather see a rythmic competition with all the geeky ribbon thingys than a fight...send it to the burbs :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:35 pm

so who else is watching it at Schanks at the Starlight?....Awesome venue!!!

Enjoy the fights guys...its gonna be epic!! XD XD XD