CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:22 pm

2Cdo wrote:
OPP wrote:
Benoit wrote:
OPP wrote:
K1 fighters are superior fighters when the fights are done standing up. You never get to see those amazing kicks and combos in UFC that you would in a K1 fight.

About that!

Ever seen a roundkick in the UFC? No? Me neather.

Yes I have. K1 fighters are good at what they do but the UFC combines all into one fighting package. Boxing, wrestling, jui jitsu are all combined. The best fighters in the UFC have a background or training in all three.

If you've seen a roundkick in the UFC it must have been in the good ol' days when there were very few rules and the best martial art was still undecided. Royce Gracie changed all that. Slowly the best aspects of the UFC have been filtered out as some techniques were much more effective. Now it's predominately jujitsu and boxing and I've never cared for eather.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:41 pm

OPP wrote:
If you've seen a roundkick in the UFC it must have been in the good ol' days when there were very few rules and the best martial art was still undecided. Royce Gracie changed all that. Slowly the best aspects of the UFC have been filtered out as some techniques were much more effective. Now it's predominately jujitsu and boxing and I've never cared for eather.

In a school yard fight, the angry young males will most often go both to the ground so the best aspects of fight have been filtered in the UFC. MMA is all about channeling our aggressive impulses.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:50 pm

Benoit wrote:
OPP wrote:

In a school yard fight, the angry young males will most often go both to the ground so the best aspects of fight have been filtered in the UFC. MMA is all about channeling our aggressive impulses.

MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts. It's not very mixed in the UFC any more. If you want to see schoolyard fights, go to a schoolyard. Me, I don't enjoy them and I don't believe this kind of fighting belongs among martial arts.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:57 pm

OPP wrote:
MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts. It's not very mixed in the UFC any more. If you want to see schoolyard fights, go to a schoolyard. Me, I don't enjoy them and I don't believe this kind of fighting belongs among martial arts.

If you want to see ballets, go to a theater. Me, I'm interested by the channeling of aggressive impulses.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:07 pm

Benoit wrote:
OPP wrote:

If you want to see ballets, go to a theater. Me, I'm interested by the channeling of aggressive impulses.

Ballets? huh? I have nothing against raw brutality. Most of the UFC fights, however, is bogged down on the ground with very few punches and a lot of wrestling eachother. Agressive impulses is rarely channeled through guys like Mat Hughes who is very calculated and know exactly what the best strategy is and how to quickly and efficiently win a fight with the minimum amount of hits taken. Go to the ground. Submission. That's it.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:15 pm

OPP wrote:
Most of the UFC fights, however, is bogged down on the ground with very few punches and a lot of wrestling eachother. Agressive impulses is rarely channeled through guys like Mat Hughes who is very calculated and know exactly what the best strategy is and how to quickly and efficiently win a fight with the minimum amount of hits taken. Go to the ground. Submission. That's it.

Channeling and calculating are the same thing; from there, what's making the difference between winning and losing is the capacity to go digging deeper than your opponent into your aggressiveness.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:22 pm

Benoit wrote:
OPP wrote:
Most of the UFC fights, however, is bogged down on the ground with very few punches and a lot of wrestling eachother. Agressive impulses is rarely channeled through guys like Mat Hughes who is very calculated and know exactly what the best strategy is and how to quickly and efficiently win a fight with the minimum amount of hits taken. Go to the ground. Submission. That's it.

Channeling and calculating are the same thing; from there, what's making the difference between winning and losing is the capacity to go digging deeper than your opponent into your aggressiveness.

Impulse fighting is not calculated fighting.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:30 pm

OPP wrote:

Without impulse there is no action, let along fighting.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:05 am

Benoit wrote:
OPP wrote:

Impulse: "A sudden wish or urge that prompts an unpremeditated act or feeling; an abrupt inclination."

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:42 am

OPP wrote:
Benoit wrote:
OPP wrote:

Impulse: "A sudden wish or urge that prompts an unpremeditated act or feeling; an abrupt inclination."

Impulse : The act of impelling, or driving onward with sudden force; impulsion; especially, force so communicated as to produced motion suddenly, or immediately.

http://onlinedictionary.datasegment.com/word/impulse

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:16 pm

Benoit wrote:
OPP wrote:
Benoit wrote:
OPP wrote:

Impulse : The act of impelling, or driving onward with sudden force; impulsion; especially, force so communicated as to produced motion suddenly, or immediately.

Do you see the word calculated or premeditated anywhere there? Using force is not strictly impulse or emotionaly driven.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:41 pm

OPP wrote:
Benoit wrote:
OPP wrote:
Benoit wrote:
OPP wrote:

Do you see the word calculated or premeditated anywhere there? Using force is not strictly impulse or emotionaly driven.

Fighting is a kind of impulse. If you don't channel your impulses, you cannot apply any tactics that is any calculated movements.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:08 pm

Benoit wrote:
OPP wrote:
Benoit wrote:
OPP wrote:
Benoit wrote:
OPP wrote:

Fighting is a kind of impulse. If you don't channel your impulses, you cannot apply any tactics that is any calculated movements.

:? Sure. Whatever you say.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:11 pm

OPP wrote:
Benoit wrote:
OPP wrote:
Benoit wrote:
OPP wrote:
Benoit wrote:
OPP wrote:

:? Sure. Whatever you say.

TKO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:09 pm

not that i care too much, but is EliteXC surpassing UFC since it now has a tv deal with CBS? can't remember ufc having a tv deal with a big network like CBS.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 7  8  9  10  11  12  Next