canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:53 am

Football!!! Or.. .. .. soccer... What is that anyway? Which brilliant North American thought of renaming a sport which original titel perfectly described the two key ellements of the sport; It's played with your feet using a ball, into soccer? To top it off, the sport that is currently known as Football in North America is not played with your feet nor is it played using a ball! A ball is a round objekt whilst the shape of the objekt used in American football is rather that of an elips.
Sorry.. just had to get that out of my system.. been a constant burden. :lol:

Last edited by OPP on Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:39 am

Why does it matter so much if we call it football...is it really that much of a constant burden on you? Who cares. We call it football so what! Get over it :D

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:45 am

DB_Coach wrote:
Why does it matter so much if we call it football...is it really that much of a constant burden on you? Who cares. We call it football so what! Get over it :D

Becaus it's such a pussy ass name, soccer. Kinda like, snooker.
Call it what it is; Foot Ball!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:54 am

Quote:
Why does it matter so much if we call it football...is it really that much of a constant burden on you? Who cares. We call it football so what! Get over it

No dont get over it!
To take something as beautiful as our FOOTBALL and give it a whole different name (soccer) is actually stamp on our culture, a spit in the eye on our whole way of living.
And whats the deal with your american "football"?!?!
For F**K sake, you use your hands!!!!!!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:42 am

Per_Leif wrote:
And whats the deal with your american "football"?!?!
For F**K sake, you use your hands!!!!!!

that's damn brilliant! muahahahahaha What a neat ambiguity! XD

PDT_Armataz_01_34

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:43 am

It's a toss up between Rugby and curling! lol

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:44 am

yet handball already exist and is something different too! ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:50 am

Snorkeling(for lobster :wink: )is really cool and so is deep sea fishing.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:03 am

fatbasturd wrote:
Snorkeling(for lobster :wink: )is really cool and so is deep sea fishing.

and what's your favourite depth? :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:10 am

About 25 feet snorkeling and it depends of where you are fishing, In PE 50 feet is a good depth but in NS the water is much deeper off the coast...I have fished there from 80 to a 120 feet of water.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:46 am

OPP wrote:
DB_Coach wrote:

Becaus it's such a pussy ass name, soccer. Kinda like, snooker.
Call it what it is; Foot Ball!

I couldn't agree more on soccer, it's a great game for kids and adult recreational. But once you get to the Pro's it turns into a pussy game.

For me it’s easier to say what I don’t watch and that's soccer and men’s figure skating, baseball’s right up there but I do watch it a bit during the world series.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:58 am

Finally someone who appreciate pure brilliance... THANK you Kaetz...

And yes, handball, which is one of our most beloved sports here in sweden, is something completely different. To bad that all guys who play handball here in my hometown is a little bit (how should i say this) "under the weather"...

But then to come back to the subject that is ment to be debated:
My favourite sport is Polo... yes the one when you ride on horses, not the one in water... Beautiful sport.
And most important of all: ITS EXPENSIVE SO WE DONT HAVE PUT UP WITH STUPID WANNABES THAT REALLY SHOULD BE "SOCCERPLAYERS"!

Högaktningsfullt

Greve Carl-Axel von Silverstierna

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:06 am

Quote:
I couldn't agree more on soccer, it's a great game for kids and adult recreational. But once you get to the Pro's it turns into a pussy game.

Its obvoius that you have not watched REAL "soccer". Perhaps its a sissy sport where you come from but the game, when its played like it should be played, is hard, tough and legbreaking. EVEN when the pro's play.
Put in a few fights and border around the field and maybe i would think that its as exciting to watch as hockey.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:10 am

Per_Leif wrote:
ITS EXPENSIVE SO WE DONT HAVE PUT UP WITH STUPID WANNABES THAT REALLY SHOULD BE "SOCCERPLAYERS"!

ROTFL ROTFL

I really, really hate soccer... The players are overpaid, spoiled bratts, with nothing else on their hands than running on some field with a ball :wink:

The fans are even worse. They ruin every city where they are guests. Especially when they have lost.Feyenoord was kicked out of the UEFA-cup here in Europe, because their fans had been fighting :P They SUCK!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:11 am

Per_Leif wrote:
Quote:

Its obvoius that you have not watched REAL "soccer". Perhaps its a sissy sport where you come from but the game, when its played like it should be played, is hard, tough and legbreaking. EVEN when the pro's play.
Put in a few fights and border around the field and maybe i would think that its as exciting to watch as hockey.

Truer words have never been spoken!
POUND IT!!!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next