canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:19 am

Well, by the looks of things, those pictures were taken in the spring? No real reason for the bucks to be hanging with the does then. Sure is cool to see a few Columbia's again. Haven't seen any of them since I moved from the coast.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:26 am

Yes the bottom one was probably early June? The top one was later I think.....maybe July? Wasn't bothered by us teeing off at all, which we were about 30' away.

Ummmmmmm........what's a Columbian? :oops:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:39 am

Columbia Blacktail deer....sub-species of the Mule deer... :wink:

Sorry R, was actually commenting on Gunny's last post... :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:42 am

QBC wrote:
Well, by the looks of things, those pictures were taken in the spring? No real reason for the bucks to be hanging with the does then. Sure is cool to see a few Columbia's again. Haven't seen any of them since I moved from the coast.

Mid April, though it didn't feel like it!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:45 am

Regina wrote:
Yes the bottom one was probably early June? The top one was later I think.....maybe July? Wasn't bothered by us teeing off at all, which we were about 30' away.

Ummmmmmm........what's a Columbian? :oops:

We have a small herd living on the base and a second smaller herd that lives on the hill behind our house. The ones behind us are fairly skittish, but the ones on the base are amazingly tame. I've been as close as 20ft to these guys when walking around the base, and they couldn't care less.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:48 am

QBC wrote:
Columbia Blacktail deer....sub-species of the Mule deer... :wink:

Sorry R, was actually commenting on Gunny's last post... :lol:

:lol: Yeah I thought spring was a little early for those pictures. You can tell how much hunting I've done. :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:53 am

Oh and if my wife sees any of those Bambi "sleeping" photos.................she will hunt you to extinction.

:lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:04 am

Regina wrote:
Oh and if my wife sees any of those Bambi "sleeping" photos.................she will hunt you to extinction.

Along with the Bambi `blood donar`pics...

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:05 am

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:55 pm

QBC wrote:
Thanx!...It was a fun year learning about hunting Whitetails and Elk...Not to mention they're very tasty and it's nice to have a full freezer for the winter...The two Mule's were taken in a multi generational hunt. Grandpa, Mom and youngest son were all involved on that day, I just happened to do the shooting... :wink: ...Five of us were out that day and it was Rosie's youngest boys first hunt and more importantly, it was with his mother and Grandpa, continuing the great tradition of the outdoors in Canadian families.

(Oh, I changed the thread name... :wink: )

Here are a few pics we took this year while out hunting.

Im Glad you had a great hunt and to have such a hunt with your family is amazing!!!
I would instanly guess you did a good job raising your family, much respect to you!
Congrats once again.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:12 am

ManifestDestiny wrote:
QBC wrote:
Thanx!...It was a fun year learning about hunting Whitetails and Elk...Not to mention they're very tasty and it's nice to have a full freezer for the winter...The two Mule's were taken in a multi generational hunt. Grandpa, Mom and youngest son were all involved on that day, I just happened to do the shooting... :wink: ...Five of us were out that day and it was Rosie's youngest boys first hunt and more importantly, it was with his mother and Grandpa, continuing the great tradition of the outdoors in Canadian families.

(Oh, I changed the thread name... :wink: )

Here are a few pics we took this year while out hunting.

Im Glad you had a great hunt and to have such a hunt with your family is amazing!!!
I would instanly guess you did a good job raising your family, much respect to you!
Congrats once again.

I Thank you MD, but in all honesty they are not my family per say. I am a late arrival on the scene so to speak and had nothing to do with the raising of the boys. The credit goes to the Grandfather and more so the Mother. I just planned and facilitated the coming together of the generations is all. (It sure was an amazing day though, hopefully the first of many)

I have to give the young lad credit though on his first hunt. The hunt itself was kinda boring for him, the harvesting of the animals was a surprise to him and he was clearly excited to be a part of it, but when the dirty business came, he was a real trooper. His Grandfather and I were taking care of business and only asking him to hold a leg or whatever, but when we asked him to hold open a big garbage bag and we started to dispose of the gross bits, (Up to our elbows in it) I'm sure that's the closest he's ever come to puking, but he didn't.... :lol: ...He went inside the house for awhile and when his mother asked him if he thought we needed any more help, he just said, "I sure hope not Mom, I don't mind helping, but OMG that smell is unreal.".... :lol: ....I told him afterwards I was proud of him, the first time I did that, I did puke.... XD