Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:05 pm

A few snaps of the local hardware at Fort Rodd Hill.

Attachments:
Picture 185a.jpg
Picture 185a.jpg [ 368.79 KiB | Viewed 39 times ]
Picture 180a.jpg
Picture 180a.jpg [ 283.93 KiB | Viewed 45 times ]
Picture 130a.jpg
Picture 130a.jpg [ 460.88 KiB | Viewed 55 times ]
Picture 106a.jpg
Picture 106a.jpg [ 443.72 KiB | Viewed 36 times ]
Picture 102a.jpg
Picture 102a.jpg [ 448.88 KiB | Viewed 43 times ]
Picture 096a.jpg
Picture 096a.jpg [ 598.09 KiB | Viewed 44 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Nice pics from Ft. Rodd. I remember when kids were allowed to play on most of the displays, me being one of them. We lived in Belmont Park and I was down there and at the lagoon(the prairie plugs used to think I was talking about a septic lagoon....mind you with all the bird shit, Esquimalt Lagoon is not far off) on a daily basis as soon as I could ride.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:14 pm

ShepherdsDog wrote:
Nice pics from Ft. Rodd. I remember when kids were allowed to play on most of the displays, me being one of them. We lived in Belmont Park and I was down there and at the lagoon(the prairie plugs used to think I was talking about a septic lagoon....mind you with all the bird shit, Esquimalt Lagoon is not far off) on a daily basis as soon as I could ride.

You wouldn't believe how clean Esquimalt Harbour and lagoon have become, well, maybe not the lagoon. Since they've stopped pumping bilges, doing upper deck scrub downs with rust stain remover, and dumping cleaning stations water over the side, the harbour has become pretty damned healthy of late. Seals and otters by the dozen and no end of birds of every kind.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:27 pm

still, wouldn't eat the mussels that grow under the bridge or the clams in the mud flats at low tide.....but then again, I only eat clams from restaurants(keep your mind out of the gutter), and mussels are food for otters and shithawks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:31 pm

ShepherdsDog wrote:
still, wouldn't eat the mussels that grow under the bridge or the clams in the mud flats at low tide.....but then again, I only eat clams from restaurants(keep your mind out of the gutter), and mussels are food for otters and shithawks.

XD

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:48 am

Great pics Gunnair, I always made it a point to have a wonder through the site every time I did a road trip to the south Island. Usually the next stop was the Royal Ensign (17 mile pub) for lunch and a couple, then up the road to Jordan River (great oyster burgers at the little drive in type place) and Port Renfrew (with a few side trips down to the beaches, loved Botanical Beach and Botany Bay) for a couple days of camping on the beach, then work my way through to Lake Cowichan.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:22 am

Hyack wrote:
Great pics Gunnair, I always made it a point to have a wonder through the site every time I did a road trip to the south Island. Usually the next stop was the Royal Ensign (17 mile pub) for lunch and a couple, then up the road to Jordan River (great oyster burgers at the little drive in type place) and Port Renfrew (with a few side trips down to the beaches, loved Botanical Beach and Botany Bay) for a couple days of camping on the beach, then work my way through to Lake Cowichan.

A great round trip. Shakies is gone in Jordan River now, and I bet you'd be pissed at the number of lots cleared for big stupid mansions (the only bright side is the amount of time these people will sepnd in the dark wondering why they live thirty minutes from the nearest store in a winter storm)

The road to Renfrew gets crappier every year, and I'm hoping the improve it beause they're to make that round trip a tourist attraction.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:28 am

Some pics from MacAuley Point Battery in Esquimalt

Attachments:
Picture 121a.jpg
Picture 121a.jpg [ 459.43 KiB | Viewed 52 times ]
Picture 104a.jpg
Picture 104a.jpg [ 331.86 KiB | Viewed 53 times ]