canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Today was actually my first day out on the water. Rosie had to work so I loaded up to pontoon boat and headed for Swan Lake. Fished the same way all day. Floating line with a strike indicator and a micro leach pattern. The best colour was burgundy and black with a gold bead head, but olive with a hint of red in it caught me a few too. I ended up releasing 26-28 fish today ranging from 14 to 27 inches from 7:30 am till about 4 in the afternoon. I'm not too sure how many I lost...probably 10 or so. Ice was about half off the lake, it got up to about 20C and the lake was clearing more and more all day. was pretty cool.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:47 pm

8O

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Nice fish... [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:27 pm

What's that thing you're jamming into their mouths? Get out your goddamn hand and jam your thumb into their mouths and Bob-Izzumi the sonsofbitches into the boat. :P

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:01 pm

It's called a boga grip....it designed to "lip" the fishies that have teeth, not like the bass that bob and the others fish for. Love to see Bob lip a Pike... :lol:

The nice thing about a boga grip, you don't have to touch the fish with your hand and take any scales or slime off of them. Not a huge deal for some fish, but trout are not the most hardy so if you intend to release the magority of the fish you catch, this is a hand dandy tool. (And NO, it's not jammed into their mouths... :lol: )

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:13 pm

QBC wrote:
Love to see Bob lip a Pike... :lol:

The ladies in Ontario might opt for using one of them gadgets. But it's not a fishing trip in Ontario until you've been bitten by your first Northern. You Westerners need some toughening up. :P :P