Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Nice work Yogi! :rock:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:49 am

Hey, Thanks Strutz & Furtrader. I had the boat out on the water on Sunday, Extremely windy and pretty high waves and it handled beautifully. Anytime ya wanna go fishin, just let me know! [B-o]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:29 pm

Finally got to try the 'Happy Hooker' out on Tobin Lake, Sk. Winds were 30-50 km gusting to 80! Tho the winds did subside towards about 6 PM. Boat handled really well. The way it was rockin we sure didn't have to do anything to jig! :lol: Fishing was lousy tho. Not even a single nibble. :cry: :evil: Well, I did catch a clam about the size of a toonie! Every one we talked to was having the same luck except for one fellow who pulled in about a 6 lb Jack & another who brought in 6 2 lb perch! [huh] We used what he was using at the same spot to no avail. It was still nice to get away for a few days & check out the property.

The hilite of our trip was meeting up with Q & Rosie for lunch in Spiritwood on Saturday. [B-o] [B-o]
2:
Tobin_Lake_007.jpg
Tobin_Lake_007.jpg [ 128.81 KiB | Viewed 162 times ]
1:
Tobin_Lake_026.jpg
Tobin_Lake_026.jpg [ 90.17 KiB | Viewed 147 times ]
0:
Tobin_Lake_027.jpg
Tobin_Lake_027.jpg [ 64.17 KiB | Viewed 146 times ]

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Nice Dumpster!!!!!!!!....... :lol:

It was great to meet up with you and your Bro. Next year...we gots cabins to build.... :wink:

Not to mention lotsa fishing to do is Saskabush.... :rock:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:19 pm

QBC QBC:
Nice Dumpster!!!!!!!!....... :lol:

It was great to meet up with you and your Bro. Next year...we gots cabins to build.... :wink:

Not to mention lotsa fishing to do is Saskabush.... :rock:

Yur jus jelous cuz I got a 'full service' dumpster with TWO LIDS & all U got is a beat up old cardboard 'dumper'. BTW, I cleaned all the garbage and junk out of the Dakota & put it ALL in YOUR BIN!!! :lol:
1:
Sask trip-Snowden 041.jpg
Sask trip-Snowden 041.jpg [ 308.19 KiB | Viewed 145 times ]
0:
Sask trip-Snowden 039.jpg
Sask trip-Snowden 039.jpg [ 324.12 KiB | Viewed 140 times ]

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:32 am

You put your garbage in our cardboard recycling bin?????..... 8O ....... :lol:

Thats our recycling bin just behind the cenotaph actually.... :lol:

PS: The happy face house is for sale BTW....Rosie and I can hook you up with the owner...Pretty good price I might add....not to mention you get the happy face that is worth a few thousand all on it's own..... :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:41 am

Man, it's that time of year. Time to go look for trout!

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:53 pm

Thanks for sharing nice pics Yogi...That Toblin Lake looks like it's a fair size I believe you when you say it can get rough!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:25 pm

FurTrader4 FurTrader4:
Thanks for sharing nice pics Yogi...That Toblin Lake looks like it's a fair size I believe you when you say it can get rough!

**** Taken from the Thunder Lodge website****

Explore the area's scenic beauty, a variety of sights and sounds, and the many different animal and bird species. TOBIN LAKE is part of this incredible beauty ! Tobin Lake, just 30 minutes to the northeast of Carrot River, Saskatchewan, is a man made lake that serves as the resevoir for the E.B. Campbell Hydro-Electric Station.

The lake offers the largest Pike and Walleye in Saskatchewan. Tobin Lake holds the record Walleye at 18.2 pounds and the largest known Northern Pike landed at 38 pounds.

You'll find a lot of challenge in fishing the 40 mile long, 16 mile wide, Tobin Lake. It's a scenic four mile ride from the lodge and cabins to where you launch your boat.

The Saskatchewan River is a 10 minute walk ( you can also drive ) to the water to fish offshore. Fishing is excellent and the fish are plentiful.

The Tobin Lake Trout Pond is about three miles from the lodge and is stalked with Rainbow Trout. Here you can try your luck fly fishing or casting. The limit is 2 fish. The average weight is about one pound, with fish weighing up to 6 lbs. having been caught.

Catch And Release:
There is a size limit on Tobin Lake ( the smaller fish are great for eating ), to allow for plentiful fish stocks and trophy Northern Pike and Walleye. For your enjoyment we encourage catch and release.

Please make sure to bring your camera along and take lots of pictures.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:43 pm

Struck Gold today! :lol: My Bro got me this knife for my B'Day. Rapala Collectors fileting knife- Solid brass 'fish head'with curled birch handle. Comes with a really nice wood presentation box. Going out this week end to try to catch something worthy of trying it out on!
0:
birch_salmon_collector_fillet_bscf7.png
birch_salmon_collector_fillet_bscf7.png [ 107.28 KiB | Viewed 247 times ]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:45 pm

First of all...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOGI! [B-o]

Nice gift! You make sure you "christen" it on some dinner this weekend.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:31 am

Strutz Strutz:
First of all...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOGI! [B-o]

Nice gift! You make sure you "christen" it on some dinner this weekend.

Thanks, Strutz. RIGHT BACK AT YA. SOON! [B-o]

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:30 am

Happy B-Day Yogi!

Very nice knife....I'm thinking a 60+ cm Walley would be a good way to christen it.... :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:34 am

a two foot pickerel? More chance of it being a jack.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:18 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
a two foot pickerel? More chance of it being a jack.

Got to agree with you there Shep. Given the lakes we will be on this week end. But there are some 20+ lb to be had.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 10  11  12  13  14  15  16 ... 18  Next