canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:09 am

Yogi wrote:
FurTrader4 wrote:
Happy Birthday Yogi and nice filleting knife... I hope to get out fishing again soon too maybe try for Chinook Salmon in the Nipigon River. [B-o]

Thanks FT4. Have you used a Lucky Strike Pixie for Salmon yet?

It is already too late the salmon are starting to decay so they aren't any good to eat... maybe next year.
Went for partridge instead and did pretty good any excuse to get out of doors...looks like you've got yourself a nice winter project Yogi...It should look great when you are done! :D

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:26 pm

FurTrader4 wrote:
Yogi wrote:
FurTrader4 wrote:
Happy Birthday Yogi and nice filleting knife... I hope to get out fishing again soon too maybe try for Chinook Salmon in the Nipigon River. [B-o]

Thanks FT4. Have you used a Lucky Strike Pixie for Salmon yet?

It is already too late the salmon are starting to decay so they aren't any good to eat... maybe next year.
Went for partridge instead and did pretty good any excuse to get out of doors...looks like you've got yourself a nice winter project Yogi...It should look great when you are done! :D

I was kinda thinking the same thing. But one of my 'co-workers' has asked me to sell it to him. Told him I'd think about it and let him know.
I'm really curious about the motor. I haven't researched the serial # yet but it's about a 1961 Elgin which was made by Westbend, pretty much a copy of Johnson. The neat thing about this motor is that it is an 18 hp & has a key lock-still has the key- on the front panel which enables the operator to lock the motor at 7 hp for trolling.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:05 pm

I decided " What the hell"?, and got busy in my spare time. This is what she looks like now. Scrubbed it all out with baking soda. A LOT of hand sanding! :lol: Actually, I didn't mind doing the sanding cuz I knew what kind of a finish the paint would have if I did a proper job of it. Didn't have to worry about priming it as the original paint was still bonding really well.
I removed all the steering components, and fibreglass bow cap. Replaced that with a new .080 stainless steel cap, reinforced with 1" thick-wall square aluminium tube. Wrapped the bow with 1/2" of rubber for a bumper.
Repaced the old 18/7 hp Elgin motor with an excellent little 7.5 Evinrude tiller.
Replaced/boosted the transom inside and out. Cut new benches, and replaced the seat foam. Reused the existing vinyl covering as it's still in pretty good shape. Added a swivel pedestal seat. Put in a river anchor and a couple of paddles.

Put decent rubber on the trailer. Straightened out the wiring, and replaced the light, and plate holder which got knocked to smithereens when the tire blew. Reworked the rollers, and put in a new catch spring on the tilt-release.
Attachment:
12' 6 Princecraft 020.jpg
12' 6 Princecraft 020.jpg [ 373.38 KiB | Viewed 42 times ]
Attachment:
12' 6 Princecraft 022.jpg
12' 6 Princecraft 022.jpg [ 326.83 KiB | Viewed 41 times ]
Attachment:
12' 6 Princecraft 021.jpg
12' 6 Princecraft 021.jpg [ 293.26 KiB | Viewed 40 times ]
Attachment:
12' 6 Princecraft 025.jpg
12' 6 Princecraft 025.jpg [ 183.97 KiB | Viewed 41 times ]
Attachment:
12' 6 Princecraft 026.jpg
12' 6 Princecraft 026.jpg [ 143.74 KiB | Viewed 38 times ]
Attachment:
12' 6 Princecraft 028.jpg
12' 6 Princecraft 028.jpg [ 226.81 KiB | Viewed 39 times ]
Attachment:
12' 6 Princecraft 028.jpg
12' 6 Princecraft 028.jpg [ 226.81 KiB | Viewed 39 times ]

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Looking good! [B-o] Are you going to take it out for a spin before ice up Yogi? :D

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:00 pm

FurTrader4 wrote:
Looking good! [B-o] Are you going to take it out for a spin before ice up Yogi? :D

Since the fellow who had mentioned that he wanted to buy it hasn't contacted me about it, if I still have it when we get our 'Indian Summer' , weather permitting I just may take it out for an afternoon

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Yogi wrote:
I decided " What the hell"?, and got busy in my spare time.

Spare time.... what's that? :|

Nice boat, R=UP now for the motor... http://www.outboarddecals.com/index.php?cPath=48

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Robair wrote:
Yogi wrote:
I decided " What the hell"?, and got busy in my spare time.

Spare time.... what's that? :|

Nice boat, R=UP now for the motor... http://www.outboarddecals.com/index.php?cPath=48

Thanks Rob. And thanks for the link. Looks like they can come up with just about any decal I might need. I have a few really nice motors in the shed which I have restored-mechanically, but now I just gotta make 'em look pretty! :lol:

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Here are some pics from earlier this fall inflatable boat fishing a stocked lake for Brook Trout.
Sevylor 2 man inflatable boat...
http://kamkid.picturepush.com/showforma ... clid=66579
Stocked Brook Trout...
Pan Fried Brook Trout...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:55 am

One for the ladies who enjoy fishing. Or maybe this will entice them to take up the sport! :lol:

Topless Ice fishing Contest

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/01/26/t ... eezing-fun

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Best weekend of 2013!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 pm

Lemmy wrote:
Best weekend of 2013!

Hard to beat that Lemmy! How was the fishin?

I have my feet up, relaxin, looking at my fishing rod too. Unfortunately it is leaning in the corner by the TV, and will be staying right where it is for the next while. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:08 pm

Yogi wrote:

Good and bad. We started out deep on a big lake for some lakers but got skunked. Then we went to a walleye spot and all we got were a bunch of small pike. Then we hit a splake lake (where I took that photo) and had a lot of small splake, then we went to another trout lake and did really well; brought home a mess of nice speckles for the pan.

Yogi wrote:
I have my feet up, relaxin, looking at my fishing rod too. Unfortunately it is leaning in the corner by the TV, and will be staying right where it is for the next while. :(

You gotta get after it, man. Life's too short to not be fishing! [B-o]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:43 pm

Lemmy wrote:
Yogi wrote:

Good and bad. We started out deep on a big lake for some lakers but got skunked. Then we went to a walleye spot and all we got were a bunch of small pike. Then we hit a splake lake (where I took that photo) and had a lot of small splake, then we went to another trout lake and did really well; brought home a mess of nice speckles for the pan.

Yogi wrote:

You gotta get after it, man. Life's too short to not be fishing! [B-o]

Usually I would agree. :lol: But if I rupture this damn hernia.... :(

Life, for me, could indeed 'be short! :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:14 am

Another long weekend on the Columbia river.

For Walleye, the Berkley swim bait "firetiger" did the most damage, caught one trout with it too.

For trout, I did the most damage casting Gibbs croc spoons with an orange or green stripe. Trout wouldn't move until at least 11:00am, biting all afternoon and we were catching walleye all day everyday. 8)

Back to reality... at least it's a short work week. :)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:06 am

Got out to Devils Lake yesterday for a few hours-just NW of Edmonton. Using an articulated Rapala, painted up to look like a Pike. Very detailed.
I didn't weigh the smaller fish (couldn't locate my scale) but he measured 34" so I am guessing 8-10 lb.

I was ready for the next one! :lol:
He came in at 39.5 "-16.5 lb.
Attachment:
Fishing with Ray 004.jpg
Fishing with Ray 004.jpg [ 190.02 KiB | Viewed 31 times ]
Attachment:
Fishing with Ray 010.jpg
Fishing with Ray 010.jpg [ 278.32 KiB | Viewed 32 times ]

Last edited by Yogi on Sun May 04, 2014 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next