Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:06 am

I do believe that is the same certainly similar. He says it was astonishing to see how fast it pulled them in. He'd been losing calves to a group of coyotes for a while and the minute e-callers became legal he went to NBattleford and got one.

As for the shooting iron, you're right it's all personal preference. I too like iron, no stooging around trying to get the sight picture.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:28 am

Exactly, especially when you're trying to get on a running target or in the case today, two targets, Iron sights are much better. Shooting with both eyes open you can pick up that target much quicker and you can't really do that with a scope. If I'm hunting deer, or moose or elk, I'm set up and chances are I'm going to have the time to get them into the scope.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:40 am

Gunnair wrote:
I`m no hunter, but I have to admit, though I`m not opposed to trying it, predator hunting has been one of those things I`m no fan of. It`s hard enough these days for predators to exist in our ever encroaching world without going out and killing them for sport.

I`ll stick to killing for food.

End of `my take`.

Around the Kingston area the coyotes are everywhere, no shortage of them. the only time i would consider killing them is when the get to close to my house, or my new pup.

I also prefer hunting for food source rather than trophies.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:02 pm

Im using a Remington .223 for Yotes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:33 am

wildrosegirl wrote:
coaster_dot wrote:
I had a scary moment once when I was 13. I was deer hunting and I feel asleep in the woods by myself. I wake up an hour later and I see a Coyote about 100ft away from me walking up the hill towards me. I didn't know whether I should have pulled up the gun or stay still. Luckily it posed no threat and turned the other way but it scared the shit out of me.

:lol: A lone coyote will be far more afraid of you than you need be of him. It's only a pack that need make you nervous.

Years ago I saw a coyote in Texas. He was a lot more frightened of me than I was of him. If I said "Boo" he would have run away at a very high rate of speed.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:44 am

ManifestDestiny wrote:
Im using a Remington .223 for Yotes.

Comfortable, not so expensive, usefull PDT_Armataz_01_34