Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:00 am

Alrighty then!!!

Our Moose limited entry draws start this morning.....Image

I took a few days off work and off we go.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:50 am

Good luck on your hunt, Buddy. What area are you heading to? [B-o]

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:14 pm

Our Draws are in 521...... We didn't see any moos today, but we did have 18 Elk come into our evening stand. Rosie still has a Bull Elk tag to fill, it was unfortunate that all the Elk were flat tops tonight.... :lol:

Rosies dad almost got stepped on by one of the cow Elk...She came so close to where he was sitting in the brush, he was getting a we bit worried... :lol:

Back at it again tomorrow, Elk, Moose...either one, it's all good.... :D

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:48 pm

What area is 521?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:53 pm

Yogi wrote:
What area is 521?

Betweeen 520 and 522. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:03 pm

Would you believe I actually found it? 8O

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:07 pm

raydan wrote:
Yogi wrote:
What area is 521?

Betweeen 520 and 522. :lol:

Attachment:
finger.gif
finger.gif [ 1.57 KiB | Viewed 145 times ]

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Yep, that would be it. We were hunting in the north eastern corner today and will probably be in there again tomorrow. I will have my camera with me for the evening set up. I'd love pictures of Elk that close.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:09 pm

raydan wrote:
Would you believe I actually found it? 8O

Thanks Ray. Gives me a better idea. [B-o] I'm quite familiar with the areas. Lived around there for a number of years.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:13 pm

No need to 'cheap-out'' Q! :lol:

http://www.redwillowoutfitters.com

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:05 am

Yogi wrote:

:lol:

I've got the best guide I could ask for. Rosie's dad grew up in that area, and still lives out there, hunting and fishing every nook and cranny. He took us into some pretty amazing spots so far. Now, we have to make the game plans for each spot and gettem. The spots seem to be better for Elk and Deer rather than moose, but we all have deer tags to fill and Rosie and her dad have Elk tags, so it's all good.

Today and tomorrow are the real hunting days, dawn till dark hunting, no messin about. When November rolls around, it's time to put the game faces on and hunt hard. We've got the spots, (found yesterday and days earlier) the critters are there, now we just have to get the job done. We've packed a lot of food for a nice lunch/supper cooked over an open fire at some point today, probably somewhere down by the Little Smoky River. (Some beautiful spots down there) Nothing like a traditional open air meal to highlight a day in the woods with family and friends.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:03 am

QBC wrote:
Yogi wrote:

:lol:

I've got the best guide I could ask for. Rosie's dad grew up in that area, and still lives out there, hunting and fishing every nook and cranny. He took us into some pretty amazing spots so far. Now, we have to make the game plans for each spot and gettem. The spots seem to be better for Elk and Deer rather than moose, but we all have deer tags to fill and Rosie and her dad have Elk tags, so it's all good.

Today and tomorrow are the real hunting days, dawn till dark hunting, no messin about. When November rolls around, it's time to put the game faces on and hunt hard. We've got the spots, (found yesterday and days earlier) the critters are there, now we just have to get the job done. We've packed a lot of food for a nice lunch/supper cooked over an open fire at some point today, probably somewhere down by the Little Smoky River. (Some beautiful spots down there) Nothing like a traditional open air meal to highlight a day in the woods with family and friends.

R=UP [B-o]

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:10 pm

And We got the Job DONE!!!!!!!

We got a big, I mean BIG, beautiful cow Moose today. Shot it at about 11 am and had it out of the bush and dressed by 6PM, not too bad for a moose of this size. We used Rosie's Dad's, that is him in the picture, bail truck to hoist the big critter up in the air to do the skinning and such. A hard days work, but a winter of great eats that makes the hours of back breaking effort all worth while.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:11 pm

8O 8O Good going! What do you figure for a dressed weight, Q?

Oh yah. How'd ya git er from 'drop point' to the truck????

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Not too sure on the dress weight, will know that tomorrow when Rosie's Dad takes it into the butchers, my guess though....650 lbs+

Drop point to the truck???....ATV, 2500 lbs winch, 300 ft of rope, chainsaw, 1/2 mile of breaking trail through the bush with first the ATV, then the pickup. All in a days hunting if you chase swamp donkeys.... :lol: