canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:25 pm

QBC wrote:
Not too sure on the dress weight, will know that tomorrow when Rosie's Dad takes it into the butchers, my guess though....650 lbs+

Drop point to the truck???....ATV, 2500 lbs winch, 300 ft of rope, chainsaw, 1/2 mile of breaking trail through the bush with first the ATV, then the pickup. All in a days hunting if you chase swamp donkeys.... :lol:

ROTFL You's earned it! [B-o] [B-o] [B-o] ( one fer each of ya.

Last edited by Yogi on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:28 pm

I did not get to go. :(

Someone had to stay home and work to pay for the new camera (and batteries, and memory cards and lenses, etc., etc., etc....) he bought to take that picture. :?

:lol:

Okay, not really, but I did have to work. :( It sucked to be me today. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:46 pm

wildrosegirl wrote:

Someone had to stay home and work to pay for the new camera (and batteries, and memory cards and lenses, etc., etc., etc....) he bought to take that picture. :?

Awww. Poor Baby. I'll let you keep the beer anyway! :lol: I didn't get to go either cuz I had to work today as well.
Look on the bright side Rosie. You get to cook it all! :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:39 am

QBC wrote:
And We got the Job DONE!!!!!!!

We got a big, I mean BIG, beautiful cow Moose today. Shot it at about 11 am and had it out of the bush and dressed by 6PM, not too bad for a moose of this size. We used Rosie's Dad's, that is him in the picture, bail truck to hoist the big critter up in the air to do the skinning and such. A hard days work, but a winter of great eats that makes the hours of back breaking effort all worth while.

I hope dinner tonight was Moose liver and onions..... :) [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:56 am

Yuuuuuuuucccch. Offal is awful. How much went to steaks and roasts and how much went to hamburger? Moose burgers(with a little ground pork) is great.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:04 am

ShepherdsDog wrote:
Moose burgers(with a little ground pork) is great.

No argument there Shep, without some (a lot) of added fat Moose is just too lean for good ground meat. While I'm not a great fan of kidneys, heart or other internal organs, nothing can beat fresh liver, I guess it's just an acquired taste.......or in your opinion....lack thereof..... :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:12 am

Me being able to taste it is the problem. And this entire 'acquired taste' thing is strange. With all the good food out there, why do people keep eating things they think are terrible, and try and convince themselves it is good?

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:12 am

Moose liver is awesome!!!! (No...sorry H a bullet or bone fragment pretty much wasted the liver) It's not an acquired taste, it's just simply good!.... :D

It was a broadside heart/lung shot Shep, so no real meat damage at all. Lotsa steaks and roasts for sure, I just love moose steak, and we'll get a pile of hamburger and stew meat too I'd imagine.

Rose and I made sausage patties a few weeks back from some deer meat from a couple years ago, 45 lbs of them actually.. :lol: , they turned out so well that we'll make a bunch more from the moose burger too. Yes, you have to mix the moose with pork to make good ground, way too lean otherwise.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Yogi wrote:
wildrosegirl wrote:

Awww. Poor Baby. I'll let you keep the beer anyway! :lol: I didn't get to go either cuz I had to work today as well.
Look on the bright side Rosie. You get to cook it all! :lol:

XD

Gee, thanks, Yog! Remind me to invite you over to help eat it one day. :lol:

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:17 pm

QBC wrote:
Moose liver is awesome!!!! (No...sorry H a bullet or bone fragment pretty much wasted the liver) It's not an acquired taste, it's just simply good!.... :D

8O

That shit's nasty! Good thing you blew it to smitherines. That's where it belongs. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:22 pm

wildrosegirl wrote:
QBC wrote:

8O

That shit's nasty! Good thing you blew it to smitherines. That's where it belongs. :lol:

[B-o] [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:50 pm

wildrosegirl wrote:
QBC wrote:

8O

We may not have the same taste in Music but we do in liver.
I'll eat pretty much anything... but liver!!! 8O

I've tried, quite a few times, but it never got any further than my mouth.

Besides that, I only have a problem with Brussel Sprouts.
I'll eat them, but don't really like them. :D

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Rosie and I got a pretty nice Whitetail buck today. At about 9 am Rosie spotted a deer, it was a nice little buck standing at the tree line. As I was glassing it, I had actually decided to let that buck walk, I saw movement in the trees next to that little guy. As it turned out, it was a fairly good buck and I decided right off to take it and did. We didn't get any pictures until we got it back to Rosie's dad's place, but oh well. Nice venison for the BBQ.... :D

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:07 pm

QBC wrote:
Rosie and I got a pretty nice Whitetail buck today. At about 9 am Rosie spotted a deer, it was a nice little buck standing at the tree line. As I was glassing it, I had actually decided to let that buck walk, I saw movement in the trees next to that little guy. As it turned out, it was a fairly good buck and I decided right off to take it and did. We didn't get any pictures until we got it back to Rosie's dad's place, but oh well. Nice venison for the BBQ.... :D

[B-o]

And all I got to put on the barby tonite is AAA grade Alberta T-bone! :(

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:10 pm

raydan wrote:
wildrosegirl wrote:
QBC wrote:

8O

We may not have the same taste in Music but we do in liver.
I'll eat pretty much anything... but liver!!! 8O

I've tried, quite a few times, but it never got any further than my mouth.

Besides that, I only have a problem with Brussel Sprouts.
I'll eat them, but don't really like them. :D

Only thing those are good for is a food fight. They fire off the end of a spoon quite well! :lol: