Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:40 am

Big C:<br /> <br /> Your introductory paragraph is not supported by your concluding paragraph. As a matter of fact they are at opposite ends of the spectrum.<br /> <br /> H.F. Wolff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:52 am

smaller government - in that it is responsible for less, as opposed to a government that is big in the way that it tries to be responsible for individuals from cradle to grave. <br /> <br /> And Yes, the US government is still bigger than I would like it. In either case, there is going to be some compromise on my side since I do not see government shrinking to the size that I would like it. <br /> <br /> Of the things that I think the Federal (as opposed to state/provincial) government should be responsible -- after economic union -- it left only foreign affairs -- which by itself is not much of a reason to have an independent government.<br /> <br /> BTW, If Canada and the United States were one country -- who do you think the president would have been in 2000? My guess, not Bush (see there are some positives that could come out of this).

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:24 am

<br /> <br /> "I was in favour of full political union with the United States"<br /> <br /> <i> Was?</i> <br /> <br /> and now?<br /> <br /> <br />

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:36 am

Yes, was (as in past tense)<br /> <br /> Now as well, no events between "was" and "now" has changed my viewpoint. <br />

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:37 am

[QUOTE BY= BigC] <br /> BTW, If Canada and the United States were one country -- who do you think the president would have been in 2000? My guess, not Bush (see there are some positives that could come out of this). [/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> Welcome to Vive, BigC!<br /> <br /> Vive was created to stopping the encroachment of other countries on our sovereignty. So, this subject has come up before.<br /> <br /> If Canada were just another state in the US, our population would mean exactally nothing within the Union. With a population less than that of California, we'd have roughly the same number of Electoral College seats, and wouldn't have changed anything about the 2000 election. Nor the 2004 election, since electronic voting played a key in that election theft.

Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra as opposed to the Bible? - Frank Zappa

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:40 am

[QUOTE BY= BigC] Yes, was (as in past tense)<br /> <br /> Now as well, no events between "was" and "now" has changed my viewpoint. <br /> [/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> Well then, let us try to convince you otherwise:<br /> <br /> <a href='http://www.vivelecanada.ca/staticpages/index.php/20060830133702539'>Link</a>

Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra as opposed to the Bible? - Frank Zappa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:44 am

<br /> Yes, I heard that before..... George stole the election (in 2000)..... and yet, you would think that if that was the case -- they would have had massive demonstrations in the streets....<br /> <br /> Then somehow, he managed to steal the election in 2004? Had not heard that one, and no-one protested? Wow that is amazing! He must be really competent at organizing things then.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:54 am

[QUOTE BY= Dr Caleb]If Canada were just another state in the US, our population would mean exactally nothing within the Union.[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> As opposed to right now, when our population actually means something to the Union?

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:38 pm

[QUOTE BY= O. W. Kenobi] [QUOTE BY= Dr Caleb]If Canada were just another state in the US, our population would mean exactally nothing within the Union.[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> As opposed to right now, when our population actually means something to the Union?[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> Yes, we are their lumberyard and gas station.<br />

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:02 pm

[QUOTE BY= Dr Caleb] [QUOTE BY= O. W. Kenobi] [QUOTE BY= Dr Caleb]If Canada were just another state in the US, our population would mean exactally nothing within the Union.[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> As opposed to right now, when our population actually means something to the Union?[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> Yes, we are their lumberyard and gas station.<br /> [/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> Perfectly appropriate for a disenfranchised American colony.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:03 pm

Big C "He must be really competent at organizing things then."<br /> <br /> I'll venture you are making fun. Bush was selected twice. Have you had a chance to look into <a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/document/document.shtml">this</a>? It's old news but is resurfacing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:56 pm

"Yes, we are their lumberyard and gas station."<br /> <br /> At the very least a most important role.<br /> <br /> Have you tried to do without either one???<br /> <br /> H.F. Wolff

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:09 pm

Dr C <br /> "Yes, we are their lumberyard and gas station."<br /> not to mention water, hydro electricity for which I understand California reneged on the bill, and don't forget our superb BC Bud, eh?

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

Forum Junkie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:47 pm

If you want to be a yank, then what the hell are you doing in Canada? Emmigrate . If you so strongly believe in letting them make our decisions for us , then why aren't you in Iraq? Volenteer your kids while you are at it. I'm sure you'll be proud to get them back in pieces ,knowing that they blew up, maimed, and killed a lot of innocent women children and elders in the proccess, all for fun and profit of the arms industry.<br /> If we merged , then who's flag would yanks sew on their backpacks, when they are so ashamed of their country that they won't admit where they are from? Where are their anti Cuba republicans going to go to buy Cuban cigars?<br /> If you believe the USanian way is better, then simply go cruising there and enjoy having a US coastguard machine gun shoved in your face while they trash your boat with impunity.Get a head start on enjoying the Harper dream version of Canada.<br /> Maybe you'll have health problems, and get to join the 40% of homeless there who ended up homeless due to their making killing people a higher priority than providing health care for people.<br /> If you want to be amoung the most hated people on the planet, then go do it unilaterally, rather than drag the rest of us down with you.<br /> I think treasonous quislings greatly underestimate the resistance of true Canadian partisans. They would have a 3,000 mile border with Iraqis they couldn't tell apart from their own people ( Howdy Pardner), people with a constitutioinal right to bear arms.<br /> If you don't want to be Canadian then yankee go home.You are no longer welcome here.<br /> Brent

Brent