CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:15 am

I have planned to make a travel to Europe all along. Now the season is beautiful for a travel and I will do that. The place I most want to go is Spain a European country. It is beautiful in my mind. But I have never made a travel abroad and I have no idea about a such travel. I was only recommended some travel sites by a friend. But I don't know what to prepare for such a trip. I hope someone can give me some other suggestions or recommendations. Any help would be much appreciated!

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:58 am

You reminded me I still have my old blog site up that we used to document our travels through europe.

http://giver.canadaka.net

May 2: Land in London, Heathrow Airport 1:30 PM!
May 2 - 5 or 6: Explore London/Surrounding England
May 6 - 9: Go to Paris and explore Paris!
May 9 - 26: Heading South through France, towards Nice
May 26 - 28: In Switzerland, moving towards Italy
May 29 - June 3: In Italy, perhaps with a "day trip" to Greece
June 28 - 30: Athens, Greece
June 1 - 9: Paros, Santorini (Greek Islands), Greece
June 9 - 11: (Fly to) Vienna, Austria
June 11 - 14: Prague, Czech Republic
June 14 - 20: Berlin, explore Germany
June 20 - 25: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
June 25 - 28: in Brussels, Belgium
June 29: Travelling back to London
June 30: Flying back to Vancouver, arrive at 10:40PM or so.
July 1: Happy Canada Day!

We posted something on the blog every couple days, if you wanted to take the time you could read through some of it for ideas of places and things we did. I reversed the order of the blog so it reads from start to finish.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:45 am

Spain would be my last choice. I live over here and I have no desire to see Spain. We're doing a cruise out of London in June and we'll see 5 or 6 countries over 2 weeks. We did Italy as a seperate one week trip. We may go to Spain the day we head back to North America but that would only be to catch the boat going back.

Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:00 am

I have backpacked 28 counties in Europe now so I would be more than happy to offer up any advice or answer any questions if I could.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:13 am

Ebonyy Ebonyy:
I have planned to make a travel to Europe all along. Now the season is beautiful for a travel and I will do that. The place I most want to go is Spain a European country. It is beautiful in my mind. But I have never made a travel abroad and I have no idea about a such travel. I was only recommended some travel sites by a friend. But I don't know what to prepare for such a trip. I hope someone can give me some other suggestions or recommendations. Any help would be much appreciated!

Where you haven't been there before you may want to take a cruise. The advantages of a cruise is that you pay for it in your own currency (US or CDN) and you don't get a whack for the exchange and then you get to see a number of places in a short time without having to pack and unpack as you go about from one place to another. It's a very relaxing way to travel.

After that I'd book a tour with a reputable firm that covers the places you want to see. But the cruise is my #1 recommendation because if you get into any trouble in a foreign country they generally will be a lot more responsive to you if you were on a cruise ship as the cruise ships are massively important to local economies.

Years back I did a cruise that had stops in a couple of exotic places and when we got bothered by the local corrupt cops we pulled out our cruise cards and they left us alone.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:30 am

Ebonyy Ebonyy:

I live in europe, as you can tell by the Swedish flag next to my avatar, and went on a eurotrip last summer. The number one destination for me on the trip was Spain and after traveling to Barcelona I can tell you that it's still my number one choice.
Great night life, top noch beaches, beautiful women, perfect climate, cheap and comfy hostels and relatively cheap overall. There's a lot to see aswell like the Salvador Dali museum of art and, if your interested in soccer, they have Europes largest soccer arena; Camp Nou.

Last edited by OPP on Thu May 31, 2007 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:36 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Ebonyy Ebonyy:

Where you haven't been there before you may want to take a cruise. The advantages of a cruise is that you pay for it in your own currency (US or CDN) and you don't get a whack for the exchange and then you get to see a number of places in a short time without having to pack and unpack as you go about from one place to another. It's a very relaxing way to travel.

After that I'd book a tour with a reputable firm that covers the places you want to see. But the cruise is my #1 recommendation because if you get into any trouble in a foreign country they generally will be a lot more responsive to you if you were on a cruise ship as the cruise ships are massively important to local economies.

Years back I did a cruise that had stops in a couple of exotic places and when we got bothered by the local corrupt cops we pulled out our cruise cards and they left us alone.

Aslong as he's traveling in the western part of europe, there's absolutely nothing to be worried about (concerning corruption or the like).
I'd be more worried traveling the U.S. (Worlds largest number of serial killers)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:41 am

Just watch your wallet in Amsterdam, be carefull for drivers in Portugal (people really can't drive there), be aware of the arrogance of the French... I guess I can come up with more, but I only want to add: Enjoy your trip! :P

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:46 am

Brenda Brenda:
Just watch your wallet in Amsterdam, be carefull for drivers in Portugal (people really can't drive there), be aware of the arrogance of the French... I guess I can come up with more, but I only want to add: Enjoy your trip! :P

The germans are the most arrogant people in all of europe. The french are quite nice. Atleast they tried to speak english wheres the germans refused.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:51 am

OPP OPP:
Brenda Brenda:

The germans are the most arrogant people in all of europe. The french are quite nice. Atleast they tried to speak english wheres the germans refused.

I have French relatives, in France. They don't speak a word English. I visited France a lot. I never ever heard 1 word of English out side of Paris. I speak German, so I don't really care if they speak English or not, but where I come from, Germans are less arrogant then French people, and here in Holland they even try to speak Dutch. Well, some of them :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:56 am

Brenda Brenda:
OPP OPP:
Brenda Brenda:

I have French relatives, in France. They don't speak a word English. I visited France a lot. I never ever heard 1 word of English out side of Paris. I speak German, so I don't really care if they speak English or not, but where I come from, Germans are less arrogant then French people, and here in Holland they even try to speak Dutch. Well, some of them :lol:

I understand quite a few words in dutch. It's not that different from the Scandinavian languages. German though. :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:57 am

OPP OPP:
Brenda Brenda:
OPP OPP:
Brenda Brenda:

I understand quite a few words in dutch. It's not that different from the Scandinavian languages. German though. :?

You're kidding! German and Dutch are a lot alike! The grammar is bogus though :lol: But the words are kinda related...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:01 am

Brenda Brenda:
OPP OPP:
Brenda Brenda:
OPP OPP:
Brenda Brenda:

You're kidding! German and Dutch are a lot alike! The grammar is bogus though :lol: But the words are kinda related...

Yes.. but it's the "germanesque" part I dont understand. I studied german in school for a couple of years.. so I know the basics.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:03 am

OPP OPP:
Brenda Brenda:
OPP OPP:
Brenda Brenda:
OPP OPP:
Brenda Brenda:

Yes.. but it's the "germanesque" part I dont understand. I studied german in school for a couple of years.. so I know the basics.

Ich mir mich
Du dir dich
ROTFL

Like I said, BOGUS!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:34 am

Brenda Brenda:

Ich mir mich
Du dir dich
ROTFL

Like I said, BOGUS!

:lol:
When I was in a "Shell" like convinience store in germany.. well.. .. na, I'll save this one for another time.
I'm off.