bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:14 pm

So far on the Democrat wish list we've seen "shut down Right Wing talk radio" (fairness doctrine), and "blackball FoxNews" on TV.

We had to see this one coming...

Blocking the blogosphere - criminalizing right wing dissent

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:27 pm

Ooooh, I love the neding.

$1:
This is Obama’s America.

Cue the dramtic orchestra refrain.

I disagree with this kind of thing. You shouldn't have to be a full time journalist to invoke freedom of the press.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:39 pm

$1:
This is Obama’s America.

That is cute, isn't it? We could call it Obamica. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:46 pm

Censoring the internet has long been a Democrat Party plank and was first brought up by Hillary Clinton when she was First Lady. I recall the quote was something about there being 'too much freedom' on the internet. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:48 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
$1:
This is Obama’s America.

That is cute, isn't it? We could call it Obamica. :lol:

I kind of liked Obama Nation.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Differing opinions is what make conversation interesting, you can't censor people's opinion. wouldn't censoring blogs go against "freedom of expression"? this is the age of information, information needs to flow.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:55 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Censoring the internet has long been a Democrat Party plank and was first brought up by Hillary Clinton when she was First Lady. I recall the quote was something about there being 'too much freedom' on the internet. :roll:

Wasn't there one recently concerning the argument over "Net Neutrality", and how Obamicans wanted to use it to shift to government control?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:03 pm

I don't recall hearing about that.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:38 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

It's scary that either side is waging a war to silence or censor information that they don't like. This doesn't appear to be anything new though; remember the flap from conservative congress members over Howard Stern being allowed to exist uncensored on Sirius?

If there's anything wrong with the internet, it's that it empowers too many stupid people to keep their notions. Cultural memes are no longer dropped or adopted. In the world of the internet, ideas neither clash nor mesh; everybody's right because nobody can be wrong.

That's how tinfoil hatters keep their idiotic birther/truther/inhofer whacko theories alive. www.snopes.com seems to be the only thing out there trying to keep the internet on an even-keel.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:45 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I don't recall hearing about that.

Found one. It doesn't go into the specifics on the particular proposals, but you get the drift.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/10/25/i ... -of-tubes/

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:48 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

As well as free-access to Slick Willy's trousers. . . .

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:52 pm

karra karra:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

No thanks. I'm, holding out for nailin' Palin. :lol:

Unless Tiger beat me to it, that is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:11 pm

Sort of an ugly left-wing bit of insanity isn't it? It's as awful as other examples of left-wing tyranny in the United States like dragging schhoolteachers into 1920's Dixie courtrooms for the obvious crime of teaching evolution, or evangelical churches organizing burnings of books and rock 'n' roll records, or the PMRC, or populist demagogue mayors having Harry Potter removed from libraries in small town Alaska. Damn libruls!

The middle of the road is all the usable surface. The extremes of left and right are in the gutters.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:16 pm

Did you hear where Waxman, of the Waxman-Markey Cap n Trade bill, was speaking on his desire to bail out the News Print Media? He says they have to come and ask first. That's the only thing stopping it.

Kind of scary if that should happen though. The government in charge of news print media. Maybe not though. Really, what would they have to change. The MSM are already good little pets.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:24 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
karra karra:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

No thanks. I'm, holding out for nailin' Palin. :lol:

Unless Tiger beat me to it, that is.

Actually, Larry Flynt beat you to it...