bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:18 pm

Lots of great items I cherry picked from the President's State of the Union address:

$1:
Tonight, after a breakthrough year for America, our economy is growing and creating jobs at the fastest pace since 1999. Our unemployment rate is now lower than it was before the financial crisis.

(Tonight) we are as free from the grip of foreign oil as we've been in almost 30 years.

The shadow of crisis has passed, and the State of the Union is strong.

In two weeks, I will send this Congress a budget filled with ideas that are practical, not partisan. And in the months ahead, I'll crisscross the country making a case for those ideas.

Expanding opportunity works. And these policies will continue to work, as long as politics don't get in the way. We can't slow down businesses or put our economy at risk with government shutdowns or fiscal showdowns.

Today, thanks to a growing economy, the recovery is touching more and more lives. Wages are finally starting to rise again. We know that more small business owners plan to raise their employees' pay than at any time since 2007.

Our manufacturers have added almost 800,000 new jobs.

Let's pass a bipartisan infrastructure plan that could create more than thirty times as many jobs per year, and make this country stronger for decades to come.

There's a lot more in this speech that I think Americans can appreciate and I look forward to the things proposed here becoming reality!

Bravo, Mr. President! R=UP

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:23 pm

You didn't note the numerous lies. Why not?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Because then he would have had to post the entirety of the speech.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Coach85 Coach85:

Why not just recognize that some of what the President said in this speech was amazing?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:38 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Coach85 Coach85:

Why not just recognize that some of what the President said in this speech was amazing?

Because what he says and the truth are rarely in line with one another.

While he may say things I would consider good, it's hard to trust a man without any credibility.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Coach85 Coach85:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Coach85 Coach85:

Because what he says and the truth are rarely in line with one another.

While he may say things I would consider good, it's hard to trust a man without any credibility.

Good points.

I say that because all of these things were from Obama's 2015 State of the Union address.

[B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:55 pm

Apparently, as per today's Twitter blast, he wants any Dems who didn't stand and cheer for him to be charged with treason. What can one say to something like that except MAGA. :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:04 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Apparently, as per today's Twitter blast, he wants any Dems who didn't stand and cheer for him to be charged with treason. What can one say to something like that except MAGA. :|

Obama said that? Wow. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Sigh. :|

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02 ... eason.html

$1:
President Trump on Monday ripped into congressional Democrats who refused to applaud the “positive news” during his State of the Union address last week, calling their reaction “un-American” and accusing them of “bad energy” during the speech.

“They were like death and un-American,” Trump said during a speech in Ohio, as he promoted the sweeping tax reform law that Congress passed last year.

Trump added: “Somebody said ‘treasonist.’ I mean, yeah, I guess, why not? Can we call that treason? Why not?”

"Treasonist"? I could mention the word "thoughtcrime" but it probably wouldn't mean anything in an era where people now on average, including the so-called POTUS, read at a below grade nine level.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanos, see my reply to Coach before you comment further.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:38 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I say that because all of these things were from Obama's 2015 State of the Union address.

[B-o]

Ok, I'm having a small problem with the logic here! Coach was speaking of Trump (forgive me Coach, I hate speaking for others) not Obama. If these words were spoken by Obama, Coach also said "he may say things I would consider good" obviously referring to the words you quote, but also said Trump has no credibility. Seems the perceived credibility of the speech is a reflection of Obama, not trump.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:41 pm

Barts lame attempt to trick people into criticizing Obama’s speech backfired but he’s desperately trying to pull it off as a win.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:42 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Thanos, see my reply to Coach before you comment further.

[/shakes head, looks wistfully out of window onto a frozen landscape whilst holding a cup of bitter tea]

New Trumpland national anthem released! :twisted:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:48 pm

I was just doing a little experiment to see if there would be knee-jerk condemnation of what was said simply because of the perception of who said it.

I did something similar about eight years ago although this time I did not mention any names or dates. I just let people fill in the dots with their imagined bias.

Just a little social experiment. :wink:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:51 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I was just doing a little experiment to see if there would be knee-jerk condemnation of what was said simply because of the perception of who said it.

I did something similar about eight years ago although this time I did not mention any names or dates. I just let people fill in the dots with their imagined bias.

Just a little social experiment. :wink:

Data?