Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:23 pm

To be fair, healthcare was dead a while ago. As least as Democrats envisioned it. Now it's just a a bill ghat will be a blowjob for the healthcare industry.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:24 am

$1:
Obama Calls Brown to Congratulate Him on Senate Election Victory

President Obama congratulated Republican Scott Brown Tuesday night for his win over Democrat Martha Coakley in the Massachusetts Senate race, calling him to say he looks forward to working with him on economic challenges facing the nation.

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Obama praised Brown for a "hard-fought" victory and "well-run campaign."

In return, Brown said during his victory speech that he appreciated the president calling him to "get on with the people's business," and recounted that he told Obama that he's ready for a two-on-two basketball game pitting him and his daughter against the president and his choice of teammate.

The Republican victory is a major setback for Obama. It could make it harder, if not impossible, to pass his health care overhaul bill. Brown said on the campaign trail he will be the 41st vote to derail Senate legislation.

The president also thanked Coakley, the state's attorney general, for her hard work and urged her to continue her advocacy on behalf of working people."

She quoted the president as saying, "We can't win them all."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01 ... n-victory/

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:29 am

Brown has to win here. Anything to reduce the possibiliy of a rerun of zero is worhwhile. I just wish we had the chance to do the same in this country. We have a negative zero running our affairs, and under massive hyperinflation and a war of empire we have no right joining, which may lead to an eventual attack on Iran and possibly Russia, in other words a true conflagration. This man is almost as dangerous to the entire of this planent as zero, zero is dangerous is is "an anti-christ" and he is hoping to lead us all into fullfledged totatitary live within that balance of one world government. He is a God hatiing atheist and despises pretty well everything America has ever stood for. Obama is a terrorist, he hates Christians and he, if his army doesn't overthow him, will sit at the head of one of the 10 seats which run the nwo of death an depreption. If this happens our nations will last 10 years and the end as we know it will be upon us and last for a horrific 7 years. The only thing could abandon would be total rout in our Asia excursions and a mass turning to the one true God, Jesus Christ himself

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:13 am

djakeydd djakeydd:
Brown has to win here. Anything to reduce the possibiliy of a rerun of zero is worhwhile. I just wish we had the chance to do the same in this country. We have a negative zero running our affairs, and under massive hyperinflation and a war of empire we have no right joining, which may lead to an eventual attack on Iran and possibly Russia, in other words a true conflagration. This man is almost as dangerous to the entire of this planent as zero, zero is dangerous is is "an anti-christ" and he is hoping to lead us all into fullfledged totatitary live within that balance of one world government. He is a God hatiing atheist and despises pretty well everything America has ever stood for. Obama is a terrorist, he hates Christians and he, if his army doesn't overthow him, will sit at the head of one of the 10 seats which run the nwo of death an depreption. If this happens our nations will last 10 years and the end as we know it will be upon us and last for a horrific 7 years. The only thing could abandon would be total rout in our Asia excursions and a mass turning to the one true God, Jesus Christ himself

[huh] ROTFL ROTFL so this is what happens when lefties lose.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:17 am

ManifestDestiny ManifestDestiny:
djakeydd djakeydd:

[huh] ROTFL ROTFL so this is what happens when lefties lose.

Leftie. :roll: If you bothered to read his post you'd see he is a full on right wing christian republican cheering on a republican candidate.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:26 am

I think maybe Djakeydd has his own little wing off somewhere. Always entertaining though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:54 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

Because she's Asian, right? The fable is that's something Vietnamese strippers did, or something like that, isn't it? Tell me some more about how all right wingers are racists. Lament again for me the lack of black faces at tea party protests.

News to me. I wasn't aware that Asians had a particular talent for it. You learn something new everyday. I was just going to say becasue she's a hysterical misanthrope and ayone who refers to anything her posion pen writes shouldn't really be taken that seriously.

Oh yes, and I'll tell you again--very few black faces at the tea parties.

$1:
Beyond that, my point was she's far right, and she's not saying Brown is one of hers. She kind of tries to make excuses for him today after the spate of articles this weekend claiming Brown is Blue, but essentially Brown's a moderate.

Fucking Atilla the Hun is a moderate compared to Michelle Malkin. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:56 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
Leftie. :roll: If you bothered to read his post you'd see he is a full on right wing christian republican cheering on a republican candidate.

Your error here is presupposing that Manifest Destiny can read. Learning to read would take vital time away from luxuriating in his cesspool of bile and bitterness.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:14 am

Definitely a depressing day, as usually happens when "the worst, filled with a passionate intensity" have a victory. I can only imagine what sort of poison the bastards and anti-humanists like Limbaugh and Beck will be pouring out today. More "common sense victory!" dolchstoss nonsense combined with their trademark "get the nigger!" malevolence, most likely. Ought to be as frightening to anyone still possessed with a conscience or moral compass as a Nuremburg speech should be. The more accurate answer is that it's just big business as usual, and that the insurance companies and big pharma that've collectively bought off almost the entire Congress merely called in their markers and halted a threat to their profiteering. The simplicity of this argument doesn't make it any less depressing though. Money before the lives and health of their fellow citizens, and they call anyone else with a different system the crazy ones? Absolutely astounding for an allegedly civilized nation.

All we can do as Canadians is to collectively work harder at preventing any of this 100% lethal American toxic waste from coming over our borders and destroying any of our systems. So it's important for all of us to still be proud in the knowledge that when you get sick or injured, you get some admittedly imperfect help, as opposed to the United States, where the only choices you're given are to either die quickly and get out of the way or lose everything you have in order to pay off the medical bills.

Republicans = too stupid + too insane to be allowed to govern.
Democrats = too stupid + too cowardly to be allowed to govern.

One needs a full doctoral thesis or full-blown investigative commision to determine which one is worse.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:19 am

Or, like I've said , a revolution needs to happen to restore democracy in America.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:30 am

Unfortunately the next revolution will be brought to us courtesy of people who are more in tune with FOX News and The Turner Diaries than with the quaint and obsolete egalitarian notions of the Constitution. I've been telling American liberals and moderates on other forums that they'd better learn how to love the Second Amendment themselves before it's too late but, alas, they don't seem to be listening because they're too blinded with their own progressive dogmas. Or they're still vainly hoping to break through with reason and human decency to those who have absolutely none.

Sorry, just tired with beating my head against the wall. No one's listening anymore so I suppose the inevitable just has to happen as it was always destined to.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:31 am

xerxes xerxes:
Or, like I've said , a revolution needs to happen to restore democracy in America.

You had your revolution with St. Obama, you dropped the ball as usual

by focusing on healthcare and apologizing for being

the new evil Christian empire.

People in the States still worry about jobs.

When was the last time that was on the table ?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:46 am

There's a bunch of Democrats backing away from the massive big government takeover of healthcare this morning. Some good may come of this. A more sane rendition of reform could happen.

I like this Democrat's proposal.

http://www.breitbart.tv/dem-rep-break-u ... f-ma-loss/

Rather than try to create reform in one massive, incomprehensible, corrupt, economy killing, people controlling, lump, sell it in digestible chunks the majority of the populace approves of.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:51 am

Actually, the US cannibalizing itself through it's little Coke versus Pepsi (Republican versus Democrat) war does at least have the virtue of focussing the country on internal matters so hopefully Canada won't be hit by the blowback of any retarded US foreign policy decisions.

Hate to say it, it's a great country that I was born in and have lived in but I'm just glad I'm not living down there these days.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:56 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Actually, the US cannibalizing itself through it's little Coke versus Pepsi (Republican versus Democrat) war does at least have the virtue of focussing the country on internal matters so hopefully Canada won't be hit by the blowback of any retarded US foreign policy decisions.

Hate to say it, it's a great country that I was born in and have lived in but I'm just glad I'm not living down there these days.

What, you were born in America? Die yankee scum. :lol: