Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:58 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Actually, the US cannibalizing itself through it's little Coke versus Pepsi (Republican versus Democrat) war does at least have the virtue of focussing the country on internal matters so hopefully Canada won't be hit by the blowback of any retarded US foreign policy decisions.

Hate to say it, it's a great country that I was born in and have lived in but I'm just glad I'm not living down there these days.

What, you were born in America? Die yankee scum. :lol:

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:01 am

All the way to rainy Vancouver.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:20 am

Even the New York Times (or what far right journalist, Michelle Malkin calls "the fish-wrap of record") is not optimistic on the Democrats options as far as passing a healthcare reform bill goes, in the wake of Brown's victory.

I'll pick the article up half-way in, where they're discussing the previously considered option of having Pelosi force the House to accept Reid's Senate bill as is...

$1:
House approval of the Senate plan was favored by some lawmakers and strategists as a way to quickly resolve the issue and deliver the president a bill on a signature domestic achievement with just one final House vote. Remaining problems could be worked out with a subsequent piece of legislation.

But many House Democrats expressed deep reservations about the Senate bill, and those complaints, combined with the message sent by the Massachusetts electorate, apparently were sufficient to leave Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California and her lieutenants reluctant by Tuesday night about moving in that direction.

Democrats now face decisions on whether to give up on the health care fight — an approach few lawmakers appear willing to entertain — or perhaps pull together a scaled-back measure and use special procedural rules that would eliminate the need for 60 votes in the Senate. But it is not clear how many of the key provisions of the legislation could be passed under such a procedure.

At the same time, Mr. Brown appeared likely to claim his seat quickly, with Democrats saying their new Republican colleague would be sworn in as soon as he could present documents certifying his election.

“The people of Massachusetts have spoken,” said Senator Harry Reid, Democrat of Nevada and the majority leader.

The timing of Mr. Brown’s swearing-in has been a point of contention. Republicans and conservative activists have raised the possibility that Democrats might stall and use the delay to force through a final health care bill while Senator Paul G. Kirk Jr., the Democrat appointed to the seat, was still a member of the Senate.

Democrats had discounted that possibility, which seemed all but dead Tuesday as Senator Jim Webb, a Virginia Democrat and supporter of the measure, called for the Senate to take no votes on health care legislation until Mr. Brown could assume the seat vacated by the late Edward M. Kennedy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/20/healt ... gress.html

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:54 am

ManifestDestiny ManifestDestiny:
Scott Brown wins!!!!!!!

The new Boston Tea party!!!!!

RIGHT ON!!!!!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... nate_seat/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Sorry, but Malkin is not a journalist by any measure. She's just another right wing hate monger, only she's one of the bigger fish in a polluted pond.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:39 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Sorry, but Malkin is not a journalist by any measure. She's just another right wing hate monger, only she's one of the bigger fish in a polluted pond.

But she sure can queef a ping-pong ball!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:03 pm

xerxes xerxes:

Really?

$1:
Malkin began her journalism career at the Los Angeles Daily News, working as a columnist from 1992 to 1994. In 1995, she worked in Washington, D.C., as a journalism fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute,[14] a Libertarian think tank[15] which is dedicated to the promotion of free enterprise without government regulation.[16] In 1996, she moved to Seattle, Washington, where she wrote columns for, The Seattle Times. Malkin became a nationally-syndicated columnist with Creators Syndicate in 1999.[17][18]

For many years, Malkin was a frequent commentator for Fox News Channel and a regular guest host of The O'Reilly Factor. In 2007, she announced that she would not return to The O'Reilly Factor, claiming that Fox News had mishandled a dispute over derogatory statements made about her by Geraldo Rivera in a Boston Globe interview. Rivera, while objecting to her views on immigration, says, "Michelle Malkin is the most vile, hateful commentator I've ever met in my life. She actually believes that neighbors should start snitching out neighbors, and we should be deporting people." He added, "It's good she's in D.C., and I'm in New York. I'd spit on her if I saw her."[19][20] Since 2007, she has concentrated on her writing, blogging and public speaking, although she still appears on television, occasionally. In December 2009, Malkin began writing for the St. Louis Globe-Democrat.

I sugget you read her latest - I'm sure you would fit right in with those she descibes and fires pingpong balls at.

For your reading pleasure;
$1:
Her first book, Invasion: How America Still Welcomes Terrorists, Criminals, and Other Foreign Menaces, was published in 2002 and was a New York Times bestseller.

In 2004, she wrote In Defense of Internment: The Case for 'Racial Profiling' in World War II and the War on Terror, defending Japanese American internment by the United States government during World War II, minimizing the hardships of the detention camps, and arguing that the same procedures could be used on Arab- and Muslim-Americans today. The book engendered harsh criticism from several Asian American civil rights organizations.[21] As reported by Malkin, an attempt to ban the book from the Manzanar National Historic Site (a former relocation and internment camp) failed.[22] The "Historians' Committee for Fairness," a group of professors, condemned the book for not having undergone peer review and argued that its central thesis is false.[23][24] The Hawaiian-based newspaper Midweek dropped her column as a result of the controversy.[25] In November 2004, The Virginian-Pilot dropped her column, calling her, among other things, "an Asian Ann Coulter."[26] Malkin responded, "I'm not Asian, I'm American, for goodness' sake. I would take the comparison to Ann Coulter as somewhat of a compliment. I have a lot of respect for Ann Coulter".[27]

Malkin's third book, Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild, was released in October 2005.

[edit] Culture of Corruption book release and tour
Culture of Corruption: Obama and His Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks, and Cronies, Malkin's fourth book, was released on July 27, 2009, and attained #1 best seller status by August 5, 2009. The book spent six weeks at #1 on the hardcover non-fiction section of the New York Times Best Seller list.[28][29][30] Malkin has embarked on a media tour, covering both TV and radio outlets to promote the book. Malkin described an objective of the book in a July 27, 2009 interview with Sean Hannity, saying "what I have done is to help shatter completely the myths of hope and change in the new politics in Washington by scouring every nook and cranny, every inch of this administration, and showing how in a very short span of six months they have betrayed every principle and every promise that they have made by installing these influence peddlers, power brokers and very wealthy people". Discussing her theme of corruption Malkin said: "you have to judge them by their rhetoric, and if you look at the gap between the rhetoric and the reality, this has to be one of the most corrupt administrations in recent memory."[31]

Malkin appeared on NBC's Today show on July 29, 2009 where she explained the title for chapter 2 of her book, "Bitter Half: First Crony Michelle Obama" as deriving from her view that Michelle Obama "was steeped in the politics of the Daley machine" and that she "is beholden to the type of hardball politics that Barack Obama says he is against." Stating that Michelle Obama's "entire professional career was based on nepotism", Malkin went on to say that "despite Michelle Obama's Princeton thesis where she whined and moaned about the old boy network and how she couldn't get ahead because of her skin color, in fact it was a farce because it was one of those old white boys who put her in that position in the first place."[32]

That's from Wiki - btw zipp - how are your books coming. . . .

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:18 pm

karra karra:
That's from Wiki - btw zipp - how are your books coming. . . .

Well, look who shows up as soon as the topic comes 'round to queefing ping-pong balls. :lol: Joking.

My books are a disaster. Of my last four stories sold, two of the magazines have gone out of business prior to publication of my pieces. The two others have been awaiting publication for 8+ months. It sucks.

On the plus side, I continue to get personal "We're not buying this but we want to see more of your stuff" from the big names (Analog/Asimov's/Magazine of Sci Fiction and Fantasy).

Basically I didn't write at all last year, but I'm back into it now. And I got an inpsiration for a great idea for a story last night. Might even turn out to be my novel.

Thanks for asking!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:53 pm

Good for you for not throwing the towel in - it's tough - especially with the remainder bin beckoning one-and-all - anyway, keep at it - I'm sure the successful authors would tell you to never give up - you know, much like the teabaggers, rinos, ordinary folk, and republicans, as they observed last night. . . .

Just don't start the first para with;

"It was a cold and stormy night..."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:27 pm

Oh I love how she defends the internment of Japanese during the war. I'm guessing she hasn't looked in the mirror in decades cause she looks like she'd be one of the firt who would have had her right taken away.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:10 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
All the way to rainy Vancouver.

And all stops in between--Toronto, Yorkshire, Winnipeg, San Diego, Dartmouth, Vancouver, North van.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:12 pm

karra karra:
Good for you for not throwing the towel in - it's tough - especially with the remainder bin beckoning one-and-all - anyway, keep at it - I'm sure the successful authors would tell you to never give up - you know, much like the teabaggers, rinos, ordinary folk, and republicans, as they observed last night. . . .

Just don't start the first para with;

"It was a cold and stormy night..."

Thanks karra! That's kind of you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:41 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
DerbyX DerbyX:
Leftie. :roll: If you bothered to read his post you'd see he is a full on right wing christian republican cheering on a republican candidate.

Your error here is presupposing that Manifest Destiny can read. Learning to read would take vital time away from luxuriating in his cesspool of bile and bitterness.

Let me tell you an, I wear a neg rep from you like a badge of honour. :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:26 pm

I was so happy when the Rangers beat the canucks for the cup. Im even happier today!