bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:56 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
andyt andyt:
Because it's about hatred and whipping up fear.

Speaking of hatred and whipping up fear are you going to weigh in on the new terrors your moslem buddies wreaked across the world yesterday?

The f*ckers killed 27 Europeans on the beach in Tunisia. They beheaded a man in France and tried to make a natural gas plant explode and kill hundreds, maybe even thousands.

C'mon Andy, defend your friends. Call me a hater because I believe the woglodytes when they kill in the name of their god.

Well if you were a European on a Tunisian beach, I would genuinely say you should be afraid. But you're not.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:05 am

We've been dealing with ethnic nationalist terrorism since our founding; trying to build a nation on the ties on ideas rather than the ties of ethnicity is a long, messy business.

Yet, and maybe I missed it, our Black president and the FBI won't even call the attack what it is; terrorism.

We should deal with this in the same way we deal with American Jihadis, but we won't.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:06 am

DanSC DanSC:
We've been dealing with ethnic nationalist terrorism since our founding; trying to build a nation on the ties on ideas rather than the ties of ethnicity is a long, messy business.

Yet, and maybe I missed it, our Black president and the FBI won't even call the attack what it is; terrorism.

We should deal with this in the same way we deal with American Jihadis, but we won't.

Agreed.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:10 am

andyt andyt:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
andyt andyt:
Because it's about hatred and whipping up fear.

Speaking of hatred and whipping up fear are you going to weigh in on the new terrors your moslem buddies wreaked across the world yesterday?

The f*ckers killed 27 Europeans on the beach in Tunisia. They beheaded a man in France and tried to make a natural gas plant explode and kill hundreds, maybe even thousands.

C'mon Andy, defend your friends. Call me a hater because I believe the woglodytes when they kill in the name of their god.

YOu're a hater when you lump all Muslims together. And when you try to say that jihadists are my friends.

You're a Goddamn Hypocrite when you lump everyone on the Right together, when you lump all Christians together.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:19 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Well if you were a European on a Tunisian beach, I would genuinely say you should be afraid. But you're not.

Oh so I don't get to comment since I didn't get killed or maimed by a moslem?

Is there any other claptrap or nonsense you'd like to post today or are you done now?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:21 am

andyt andyt:
Because it's about hatred andfeeding more bullshit.

This whole thread as usual just more bullshit about big bad whitey.

white guy kills 9

OMG SUPER TERRORIST ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE EVIL
ALL CHRISTIANS ARE EVIL
BAN ALL GUNS NOW
OH AND THE FLAG BAN THAT TOO

Just today;

156 killed in Kobane
24 killed in Kuwait
1 killed in France
27 killed in Tunisia
30 killed in Somalia
"oh that's not true islam, we religion of peace lol"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:24 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Well, I was a European on a Tunisian beach several years ago, and I wasn't afraid.

Of course, that was before Obongo decided to give the ME some 'freedom'. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:27 am

martin14 martin14:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Well, I was a European on a Tunisian beach several years ago, and I wasn't afraid.

Of course, that was before Obongo decided to give the ME some 'freedom'. :roll:

I was in Tunisia in 2008 and it was fine. But the "Brotherhood" that Obama supports has turned it into just another islamic shithole.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:32 am

andyt andyt:
I don't know - go back to the 70's as they do, maybe not. Or go back to when the freedom riders were operating - how many did they and their ilk kill?

The point isn't to dismiss jihadi killings, but to point out that to focus no them while dismissing the others is loopy.

Pretty sure the the 3000 or so dead on 9/11 reduces just about all the other incidents to white noise. The only other incident that would compare would be the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma by McVeigh.

What is the signal and what is the noise?

You have a given budget for counter-terroism, and you need to assess rationally how much should be spnet on preventing attacks of 1 or 2 casualties, or 10-20, 100-200, a few thousand, or tens of thousands. Even ones that may kill millions. The signal mostly looks like earthquakes--power law distribution. Given that, I would be spending a significant amount of resources trying to prevent a nuclear or bioweapons attack by terrorists.

Actually, that might not even be a good metric, since the purpose of terrorism isn't to kill and maim. As Lenin said "The purpose of terrorism is to terrify." Perhaps, besides the numbers, one of the reasons ascribe such weitgh to Islamic terrorism is that find it scarier than home-grown nutjobs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:42 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
andyt andyt:
I don't know - go back to the 70's as they do, maybe not. Or go back to when the freedom riders were operating - how many did they and their ilk kill?

The point isn't to dismiss jihadi killings, but to point out that to focus no them while dismissing the others is loopy.

Pretty sure the the 3000 or so dead on 9/11 reduces just about all the other incidents to white noise. The only other incident that would compare would be the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma by McVeigh.

What is the signal and what is the noise?

You have a given budget for counter-terroism, and you need to assess rationally how much should be spnet on preventing attacks of 1 or 2 casualties, or 10-20, 100-200, a few thousand, or tens of thousands. Even ones that may kill millions. The signal mostly looks like earthquakes--power law distribution. Given that, I would be spending a significant amount of resources trying to prevent a nuclear or bioweapons attack by terrorists.

Actually, that might not even be a good metric, since the purpose of terrorism isn't to kill and maim. As Lenin said "The purpose of terrorism is to terrify." Perhaps, besides the numbers, one of the reasons ascribe such weitgh to Islamic terrorism is that find it scarier than home-grown nutjobs.

You know, I was just re-reading this post when it struck how much smarter I am than everybody else here. I mean this is fucking brilliance people--lap it up. And some appropriate homage for genius would be appreciated once in a while too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:47 am

The best defense against terrorism is not to let yourself be terrorized. That includes not getting suckered into futile wars. It's where Bush was right - if we let them scare us, the terrorists win. Of course then he did the exact opposite.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:47 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

You know, I was just re-reading this post when it struck how much smarter I am than everybody else here. I mean this is fucking brilliance people--lap it up. And some appropriate homage for genius would be appreciated once in a while too.

[laughat]

Are you already drunk this early? :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:03 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

[laughat]

Not exactly what I was thinking about when I said "homage." :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:04 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

[laughat]

Not exactly what I was thinking about when I said "homage." :lol:

How about thanks for the morning laugh then? :lol: Because that was one of the funniest posts I've seen in quite some time.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:15 am

How about we have some homage for Neil Peart, fire up Operation: Piss-Up, get 'faced, and post Rush videos all night long? [drunk] :mrgreen: