CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Anaheim Ducks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 747
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:26 am
 


Gas station owner told to raise prices Wed May 9, 6:05 AM ET



A service station that offered discounted gas to senior citizens and people supporting youth sports has been ordered by the state to raise its prices.

Center City BP owner Raj Bhandari has been offering senior citizens a 2 cent per gallon price break and discount cards that let sports boosters pay 3 cents less per gallon.

But the state Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection says those deals violate Wisconsin's Unfair Sales Act, which requires stations to sell gas for about 9.2 percent more than the wholesale price.

Bhandari said he received a letter from the state auditor last month saying the state would sue him if he did not raise his prices. The state could penalize him for each discounted gallon he sold, with the fine determined by a judge.

Bhandari, who bought the station a year ago, said he worries customers will think he stopped the discounts because he wants to make more money. About 10 percent of his customers had used the discount cards.

Dale Van Camp said he bought a $50 card to support the local youth hockey program. It would have saved him about $100 per year on gas, he said.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 186
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:54 pm
 


LOSER (Big Brother, not the guy selling gas)


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
Profile
Posts: 4731
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:31 pm
 


Sounds like a Big Lie that the US is of competitive nature . Freedom huh :roll: not !!!


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 65005
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:55 pm
 


Banff wrote:
Sounds like a Big Lie that the US is of competitive nature . Freedom huh :roll: not !!!


Actually, that's leftism in action - "protecting" consumers by preventing "predatory pricing".


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
Profile
Posts: 4731
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:14 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Banff wrote:
Sounds like a Big Lie that the US is of competitive nature . Freedom huh :roll: not !!!


Actually, that's leftism in action - "protecting" consumers by preventing "predatory pricing".


Perhaps Corporate , prey tell ? :wink: :idea: its actually the opposite depending on whose perspective you're looking at it from .


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1240
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:26 pm
 


Banff wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Banff wrote:
Sounds like a Big Lie that the US is of competitive nature . Freedom huh :roll: not !!!


Actually, that's leftism in action - "protecting" consumers by preventing "predatory pricing".


Perhaps Corporate , prey tell ? :wink: :idea: its actually the opposite depending on whose perspective you're looking at it from .


Simply put, if the government wasn't involved in regulating prices, then that man wouldn't have a problem selling his gas.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
Profile
Posts: 4731
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:39 pm
 


dog77_1999 wrote:
Banff wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Banff wrote:
Sounds like a Big Lie that the US is of competitive nature . Freedom huh :roll: not !!!


Actually, that's leftism in action - "protecting" consumers by preventing "predatory pricing".


Perhaps Corporate , prey tell ? :wink: :idea: its actually the opposite depending on whose perspective you're looking at it from .


Simply put, if the government wasn't involved in regulating prices, then that man wouldn't have a problem selling his gas.


well who is actually the gov. ... corporate ? , WTO ? ...anyhow in my opinion it is the gov. responsibility to regulate prices , of course that being in the correct direction of at least moderation or LESS so one industry doesn't control an entire economy . Its as dangerous as having only one trading partner .


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1240
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:10 pm
 


Banff wrote:
dog77_1999 wrote:
Banff wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Banff wrote:
Sounds like a Big Lie that the US is of competitive nature . Freedom huh :roll: not !!!


Actually, that's leftism in action - "protecting" consumers by preventing "predatory pricing".


Perhaps Corporate , prey tell ? :wink: :idea: its actually the opposite depending on whose perspective you're looking at it from .


Simply put, if the government wasn't involved in regulating prices, then that man wouldn't have a problem selling his gas.


well who is actually the gov. ... corporate ? , WTO ? ...anyhow in my opinion it is the gov. responsibility to regulate prices , of course that being in the correct direction of at least moderation or LESS so one industry doesn't control an entire economy . Its as dangerous as having only one trading partner .


The government...you know..the people you vote for and they make these dumb decisions like regulating price.

I understand you want to control how much money they are making, but where were you when the oil companies went bust in the 80s and 90s? Where was the help then? Nope, like everyone else, we were happy we could fill our car on $.75/gallon even if people were getting laid off.

Just leave the economy alone. These price controls are just temporarly forestalling the eventual price increase as well as making alternatives that much harder to compete against.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.