CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60115
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:23 am
 


Mark your calendars....Michelle Obama is getting a PDT_Armataz_01_37 from me for standing by her principal that Democrats should aspire to decency instead of acting like Hillary Clinton would have them do.

Quote:
During an exclusive live interview with Michelle Obama on Thursday’s Today show, co-host Savannah Guthrie touted the former First Lady’s “famous” motto of “When they go low, we go high.” However, the NBC anchor then highlighted other prominent Democrats recently calling for the party to abandon any pretense of civility when attacking Republicans and wondered if Obama’s saying “still stands.”

“You know, and these are tough times politically, that we are living in,” Guthrie lamented. After reminding viewers of the then-First Lady warning supporters at the 2016 Democratic National Convention not to “go low” like Republicans, the morning show host noted:

And just this week the former Attorney General Eric Holder, who worked for your husband, said the Democrats should have a new motto, “When they go low, we should kick them.” Hillary Clinton said, “How can we be civil when our opponents are trying to, you know, take away everything we stand for?”

Guthrie followed: “And I just thought, what would you say now about your motto? Do you think it still stands, ‘When they go low, we go high’?”

To her credit, Obama seemed to scold her fellow liberals:

Absolutely. Fear is not a – it’s not a proper motivator. Hope wins out. And if you think about how you want your kids to be raised, how you want them to think about life and their opportunities, do you want them afraid of their neighbors? Do you want them angry? Do you want them vengeful?

The calls from Holder and Clinton for left-wing activists to continue to threaten and intimidate Republicans had not been covered by any of the broadcasts networks until Guthrie’s question, which wasn’t even critical of the remarks.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 25575
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:33 am
 


Good for the First Lady, who the very, very civil GOP & friends (including some on this board) spent eight years calling her a monkey, a cow, a n****r bitch, and a terrorist.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60115
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:02 am
 


Thanos wrote:
Good for the First Lady, who the very, very civil GOP & friends (including some on this board) spent eight years calling her a monkey, a cow, a n****r bitch, and a terrorist.


You forgot that we also called her a 'Wookie'. :wink:


Online
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4566
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:06 am
 


Quote:
In any case, it's done and the result will hopefully be better trade relations and lower prices on cheese for people who like poutine.


Fun Fact, it's cheese curds in Poutine. Squeaky French Canadian cheese curds. Anything else is savagery.


Online
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4566
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:13 am
 


Quote:
Seriously, when Trudeau opened the discussion with a bunch of non-starter horseshit about diversity and gender rights it was no surprise when Trump went to playing hardball.

You're absolutely right. Trudeau should have led with points that should have been of benefit to ALL Canadians not just a select few. I would have lead with Visa and border crossings or a more integrated energy market or something more Trade oriented. But we've established the fact that Trudeau is a fucking retard.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20070
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:14 am
 


Thanos wrote:
Good for the First Lady, who the very, very civil GOP & friends (including some on this board) spent eight years calling her a monkey, a cow, a n****r bitch, and a terrorist.


I'll fess' up. I think I was and am the worst.

But I think the worse I ever called her was Mooch or Moose and hinted she might be a tranny.

In fairness though that was almost always in response to Progs attacking Melania or her son.

Speaking of which in contrast to Hillary's hateful rhetoric, here's Melania trying to speak reason to the defeated:



Online
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4566
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:20 am
 


Michelle's comment reminds a bit of Jack Layton's quote before he passed on,

“My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let is be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we will change the world.”


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60115
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:20 am
 


llama66 wrote:
Quote:
In any case, it's done and the result will hopefully be better trade relations and lower prices on cheese for people who like poutine.


Fun Fact, it's cheese curds in Poutine. Squeaky French Canadian cheese curds. Anything else is savagery.


So noted, thank you! Funny odd-thing is just this past Monday I got to have a great sample of cheese curds at the Face Rock Creamery in Bandon, Oregon!

https://facerockcreamery.com/


Online
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4566
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:24 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
llama66 wrote:
Quote:
In any case, it's done and the result will hopefully be better trade relations and lower prices on cheese for people who like poutine.


Fun Fact, it's cheese curds in Poutine. Squeaky French Canadian cheese curds. Anything else is savagery.


So noted, thank you! Funny odd-thing is just this past Monday I got to have a great sample of cheese curds at the Face Rock Creamery in Bandon, Oregon!

https://facerockcreamery.com/

Did they squeak?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 25575
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:27 am
 


llama66 wrote:
Michelle's comment reminds a bit of Jack Layton's quote before he passed on,

“My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let is be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we will change the world.”


Jesus got crucified, Ghandi got shot, MLK got gunned down, too many peace-and-love hippies got the shit kicked out of them (and even murdered) by rednecks, and any parent who raised their kid to believe "it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice" only succeeded in creating someone who'd be a lifelong punching bag for every bully, bastard, and backstabber they'd ever encounter.

Gotta quit setting ourselves up to fail against those who have zero intention to ever playing nice or fair. It's counterproductive and succeeds only in forever ceding the field to those who don't waste their time handcuffing themselves with artificial rules.


Last edited by Thanos on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60115
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:38 am
 


llama66 wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
So noted, thank you! Funny odd-thing is just this past Monday I got to have a great sample of cheese curds at the Face Rock Creamery in Bandon, Oregon!

https://facerockcreamery.com/


Did they squeak?


They did! [drool]


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 12284
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:44 am
 


Given Hillary's less than appropriate comments I have to ask the question. Who benefits the most from another American Civil War because, that's where this is heading especially with delusional losers like Hilary refusing to accept reality and leading the hate everyone who didn't vote for me charge?


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7360
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:55 am
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
leading the hate everyone who didn't vote for me charge?
Hilary or Trump????


Online
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4566
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:09 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
llama66 wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
So noted, thank you! Funny odd-thing is just this past Monday I got to have a great sample of cheese curds at the Face Rock Creamery in Bandon, Oregon!

https://facerockcreamery.com/


Did they squeak?


They did! [drool]

They are permissible for Poutine.


Online
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4566
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:12 pm
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
Given Hillary's less than appropriate comments I have to ask the question. Who benefits the most from another American Civil War because, that's where this is heading especially with delusional losers like Hilary refusing to accept reality and leading the hate everyone who didn't vote for me charge?

Sure as shit not us. A US civil war would have "boundary issues". While from the sense of explosions I'd love to see a major war, but because I'd be expected to fight, I would not love to see a major war.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.