CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1633
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:24 pm
 


Thanos wrote:
Good for the First Lady, who the very, very civil GOP & friends (including some on this board) spent eight years calling her a monkey, a cow, a n****r bitch, and a terrorist.
R=UP


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1633
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:26 pm
 


Robair wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Coach85 wrote:
Yet you supported your President's attacks on our Country?


Renegotiating a trade agreement is an attack? [huh]

When using threats to "negotiate" one could certainly make that case.


True that.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1633
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:28 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Mark your calendars....Michelle Obama is getting a PDT_Armataz_01_37 from me for standing by her principal that Democrats should aspire to decency instead of acting like Hillary Clinton would have them do.

Quote:
During an exclusive live interview with Michelle Obama on Thursday’s Today show, co-host Savannah Guthrie touted the former First Lady’s “famous” motto of “When they go low, we go high.” However, the NBC anchor then highlighted other prominent Democrats recently calling for the party to abandon any pretense of civility when attacking Republicans and wondered if Obama’s saying “still stands.”

“You know, and these are tough times politically, that we are living in,” Guthrie lamented. After reminding viewers of the then-First Lady warning supporters at the 2016 Democratic National Convention not to “go low” like Republicans, the morning show host noted:

And just this week the former Attorney General Eric Holder, who worked for your husband, said the Democrats should have a new motto, “When they go low, we should kick them.” Hillary Clinton said, “How can we be civil when our opponents are trying to, you know, take away everything we stand for?”

Guthrie followed: “And I just thought, what would you say now about your motto? Do you think it still stands, ‘When they go low, we go high’?”

To her credit, Obama seemed to scold her fellow liberals:

Absolutely. Fear is not a – it’s not a proper motivator. Hope wins out. And if you think about how you want your kids to be raised, how you want them to think about life and their opportunities, do you want them afraid of their neighbors? Do you want them angry? Do you want them vengeful?

The calls from Holder and Clinton for left-wing activists to continue to threaten and intimidate Republicans had not been covered by any of the broadcasts networks until Guthrie’s question, which wasn’t even critical of the remarks.

R=UP


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1633
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:32 pm
 


Thanos wrote:
llama66 wrote:
Michelle's comment reminds a bit of Jack Layton's quote before he passed on,

“My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let is be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we will change the world.”


Jesus got crucified, Ghandi got shot, MLK got gunned down, too many peace-and-love hippies got the shit kicked out of them (and even murdered) by rednecks, and any parent who raised their kid to believe "it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice" only succeeded in creating someone who'd be a lifelong punching bag for every bully, bastard, and backstabber they'd ever encounter.

Gotta quit setting ourselves up to fail against those who have zero intention to ever playing nice or fair. It's counterproductive and succeeds only in forever ceding the field to those who don't waste their time handcuffing themselves with artificial rules.


Well put, Thanos and especially apropos in light of the current culture of victim-hood that appears to be sweeping both our countries. Peace, love and hope are all very nice but there comes a time when one has to stiffen their spine and stand up for what's right.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 5284
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:55 pm
 


Mowich wrote:
Thanos wrote:
llama66 wrote:
Michelle's comment reminds a bit of Jack Layton's quote before he passed on,

“My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let is be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we will change the world.”


Jesus got crucified, Ghandi got shot, MLK got gunned down, too many peace-and-love hippies got the shit kicked out of them (and even murdered) by rednecks, and any parent who raised their kid to believe "it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice" only succeeded in creating someone who'd be a lifelong punching bag for every bully, bastard, and backstabber they'd ever encounter.

Gotta quit setting ourselves up to fail against those who have zero intention to ever playing nice or fair. It's counterproductive and succeeds only in forever ceding the field to those who don't waste their time handcuffing themselves with artificial rules.


Well put, Thanos and especially apropos in light of the current culture of victim-hood that appears to be sweeping both our countries. Peace, love and hope are all very nice but there comes a time when one has to stiffen their spine and stand up for what's right.

Don't get me wrong, I have no time or patience for the MeToo movement or Identity Politics, Immigration for the sake of immigration or the divisive bullshittery that has beset both Ottawa and Washington, I just wish that we could find a way to push forward as Nations. Maybe that view is naive, but still I hold on to the hope that we can mature and become the nations our forefathers envisioned.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1522
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:32 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Robair wrote:
No, the worst threat was auto tariffs.


That's still not an attack. It's a negotiating tactic and it seems to have worked.


Using a clause to indicate that Canada was a national security threat to impose tariffs was an attack (more of an insult, actually), not a negotiating tactic.

Repeatedly lying about our trade arrangement that we've treated you poorly, trade deficit, etc. Calling our leaders and team a whole host of names.

And frankly, threatening tariffs on your closest friend and ally is something you can't come back from. Call it whatever you want, 'negotiating tactic'...it was a bullshit and insulting move to sit back and threatened and loathe in the prospect of damaging our economy.

This wasn't a case of negotiating floor tiles for a hotel.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 26054
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:41 pm
 


llama66 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I have no time or patience for the MeToo movement or Identity Politics, Immigration for the sake of immigration or the divisive bullshittery that has beset both Ottawa and Washington, I just wish that we could find a way to push forward as Nations. Maybe that view is naive, but still I hold on to the hope that we can mature and become the nations our forefathers envisioned.


Highly doubtful anything will end well. The odds have been deliberately stacked against any kind of decent or respectable ending by those neo-barbarians and reavers who have too much to gain in wrecking as much as they can for everybody else. If you take the birth of the American republic as the historical starting point for the modern democratic age then what's happening now, with it's peak of sheer awfulness happening on November 8, 2016 and derailing even further from that moment onwards, this is a legitimate crisis of the third century of democracy.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60829
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:43 pm
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
Given Hillary's less than appropriate comments I have to ask the question. Who benefits the most from another American Civil War because, that's where this is heading especially with delusional losers like Hilary refusing to accept reality and leading the hate everyone who didn't vote for me charge?


No one benefits from a civil war but there will be those who will lose more than the others.

The calculus in such a conflict will favor those who value masculinity, loyalty, honor, character, martial abilities, unit cohesion, and military order.

Those who loathe and hate such things will be tossed into mass graves and history will eventually relegate them to a footnote.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 10080
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:45 pm
 


Coach85 wrote:


This wasn't a case of negotiating floor tiles for a hotel.


True, but then you have to ask yourself why Trudeau et al opened with gender and indigenous issues which has nothing to do with trade agreements.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 10080
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:59 pm
 


:idea:


Attachments:
Both.jpg
Both.jpg [ 55.95 KiB | Viewed 2 times ]
Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60829
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:33 pm
 


Yup. That's how it works.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7462
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:16 pm
 


If i'm not mistaken, she isn't promoting political violence. She's promoting the abandonment of civility. Something the current administration did a long time ago.

I wouldn't really care either way but the current administration came after Canada. So I would delight in seeing them handcuffed.

Both figuratively and literally.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 10080
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:32 pm
 


Quote:
Obama Had Secret Plan In Case Trump Didn't Accept 2016 Election Results, Report Says
Former President Barack Obama had a secret plan in place for what his administration would do if then-candidate Donald Trump lost the 2016 election to Hillary Clinton and refused to accept the results.

Trump warned on the campaign trail that the election could be "rigged," a notion that Obama scoffed at, saying, there's "no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America's elections."

"It wasn’t a hypothetical," former Obama senior aide Ben Rhodes said. "Trump was already saying it on the campaign trail."

"The Obama White House plan, according to interviews with Rhodes and Jen Psaki, Obama’s communications director, called for congressional Republicans, former presidents, and former Cabinet-level officials including Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice, to try and forestall a political crisis by validating the election result," the Intelligencer reported. "In the event that Trump tried to dispute a Clinton victory, they would affirm the result as well as the conclusions reached by the U.S.

intelligence community that Russian interference in the election sought to favor Trump, and not Clinton."

Psaki said that the Obama administration worried that Trump supporters would riot if Trump lost and now claims that Trump is trying to delegitimize any attempt at impeachment to give "fodder for his supporters to work with in the event that things go down a dark path for him."

In the two years since the 2016 presidential election, the loser, Hillary Clinton, has yet to accept the fact that she lost and has repeatedly blamed everything imaginable for the outcome.

Clinton encouraged discord and fighting this week during an interview with CNN where she said that Democrats "cannot be civil" towards Republicans.


https://www.dailywire.com/news/36987/ob ... n-saavedra

Ironically it's Clinton who refuses to accept defeat.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60829
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:35 pm
 


Robair wrote:
If i'm not mistaken, she isn't promoting political violence. She's promoting the abandonment of civility.


If people stop being civil then they eventually get violent.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60829
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:37 pm
 


PluggyRug wrote:
Quote:
Obama Had Secret Plan In Case Trump Didn't Accept 2016 Election Results, Report Says
Former President Barack Obama had a secret plan in place for what his administration would do if then-candidate Donald Trump lost the 2016 election to Hillary Clinton and refused to accept the results.

Trump warned on the campaign trail that the election could be "rigged," a notion that Obama scoffed at, saying, there's "no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America's elections."

"It wasn’t a hypothetical," former Obama senior aide Ben Rhodes said. "Trump was already saying it on the campaign trail."

"The Obama White House plan, according to interviews with Rhodes and Jen Psaki, Obama’s communications director, called for congressional Republicans, former presidents, and former Cabinet-level officials including Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice, to try and forestall a political crisis by validating the election result," the Intelligencer reported. "In the event that Trump tried to dispute a Clinton victory, they would affirm the result as well as the conclusions reached by the U.S.

intelligence community that Russian interference in the election sought to favor Trump, and not Clinton."

Psaki said that the Obama administration worried that Trump supporters would riot if Trump lost and now claims that Trump is trying to delegitimize any attempt at impeachment to give "fodder for his supporters to work with in the event that things go down a dark path for him."

In the two years since the 2016 presidential election, the loser, Hillary Clinton, has yet to accept the fact that she lost and has repeatedly blamed everything imaginable for the outcome.

Clinton encouraged discord and fighting this week during an interview with CNN where she said that Democrats "cannot be civil" towards Republicans.


https://www.dailywire.com/news/36987/ob ... n-saavedra

Ironically it's Clinton who refuses to accept defeat.


Of course she refuses to accept defeat! She rigged the election on the Democrat side and she took it for granted that the general election was rigged in her favor, too.

The thing she failed to take into account is that fraudulently adding millions of votes in states she was going to win anyway wasn't going to help her win the whole election.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.