bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:42 pm

From January 2001 to January 2009 these wankers told us all the time that 'opposing the government is patriotic' but now that their guy is in the White Hut it's treason to speak out against his policies.

:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA0kMK_XVHw

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:44 pm

There's a hundred million crackers who say that is treason to listen to that black foreigner. So, who's right?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:59 pm

So what's the story with OFA now Bart. I'm having trouble keeping up. It used to be Obama for America. Now it's Organizing for Action or something, right? Who's behind it now? Is it a Soros thing, or something?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:01 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
From January 2001 to January 2009 these wankers told us all the time that 'opposing the government is patriotic' but now that their guy is in the White Hut it's treason to speak out against his policies.

He is rather... liberal with his definition of the word "treason."

It also sounds like he is in favor of the tyranny of the majority.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:36 pm

N_Fiddledog wrote:
So what's the story with OFA now Bart. I'm having trouble keeping up. It used to be Obama for America. Now it's Organizing for Action or something, right? Who's behind it now? Is it a Soros thing, or something?

No idea. But Google has some leads....

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/o ... 94096.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:37 pm

FieryVulpine wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:

He is rather... liberal with his definition of the word "treason."

It also sounds like he is in favor of the tyranny of the majority.

And he'd be instantly against the majority if he woke up one day and found himself in the minority.

I hate this kind of wanker even when they're on my side. Maybe even more so because I expect people on my side to understand that tyrannies tend to be a sword that cuts both ways.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:38 pm

All-Hitler all the time. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:54 pm

Thanos wrote:
All-Hitler all the time. :lol:

You're just loving this! :mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm pretty treasonous, I suppose.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Public_Domain wrote:
I'm pretty treasonous, I suppose.

Hmmm.

Depends.

If you propose changing your government by peaceful and lawful means then I'd say no.

If you propose to do it by betraying your country to her enemies or by yourself becoming an enemy then yes.

So far of what I know of you I'd not define you as a traitor. I vehemently disagree with much of your politics but to your credit I've never seen you write anything even remotely disloyal or treasonous.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:27 pm

For some time now, the discussion of breaking down and replacing capitalism with communism has been considered treasonous; in some eyes it's "making myself an enemy".

It really gets down to who gets to define things. What is treason, or disloyalty, to a nationstate? I don't believe my country should exist (as an institution) just as I feel for every country, I don't care for the anthem nor flag (of any country), I oppose all forms of government available on our ballots, I do not support the monarchy, and I can't be accused of agreeing with many actions our government employs in the name of Canadians. But I don't want harm to come to Canadians (nor people in any country), and wouldn't participate in something I knew would cause such harm. But that is my loyalty to the World and to Humanity. Forced to choose between who I'd rather hurt between a random Canadian and a random American, I wouldn't be able to choose, as I'm not inclined to feel the Canadian is "better" or more worthy of living.

If treason and disloyalty can be defined as going against the people, then I feel I am not disloyal. But to my nation? The idea of wearing a Canadian flag is an awkward memory for me now, and politically hypocritical.

I think of Canada like I think of Wal-Mart or McDonalds. Just because I believe those companies shouldn't exist doesn't mean I hold any negative views of the underlings who work there. I now hold the same standard for all countries, including yours.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Public_Domain wrote:
But that is my loyalty to the World and to Humanity.

Reminds me how I have no real affection or particular loyalty for this world or the human race. Viva misanthropy!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:21 am

Merry Christmas to you to, Ebenezer.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:32 am

BartSimpson wrote:

Yeah, that free speech thing sure sucks sometimes doesn't Bart...especially when they have the bloody nerve to support something you don't! :wink:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:32 am

Jabberwalker wrote:
Merry Christmas to you to, Ebenezer.

And a Happy Hanukkah!