CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9862
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:35 pm
 


I found this today... interesting

"A Joint Resolution claiming sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over certain powers; serving notice to the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates..."

http://digg.com/politics/Oklahoma_decla ... _MUST_READ
http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=274054

Quote:
STATE OF OKLAHOMA
2nd Session of the 51st Legislature (2008)
HOUSE JOINT
RESOLUTION 1089 By: Key
AS INTRODUCED
A Joint Resolution claiming sovereignty under the
Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United
States over certain powers; serving notice to the
federal government to cease and desist certain
mandates; and directing distribution.
WHEREAS, the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United
States reads as follows:
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the
Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to
the States respectively, or to the people."; and
WHEREAS, the Tenth Amendment defines the total scope of federal
power as being that specifically granted by the Constitution of the
United States and no more; and
WHEREAS, the scope of power defined by the Tenth Amendment means
that the federal government was created by the states specifically
to be an agent of the states; and

WHEREAS, today, in 2008, the states are demonstrably treated as
agents of the federal government; and
WHEREAS, many federal mandates are directly in violation of the
Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States; and
WHEREAS, the United States Supreme Court has ruled in New York
v. United States, 112 S. Ct. 2408 (1992), that Congress may not
simply commandeer the legislative and regulatory processes of the
states; and
WHEREAS, a number of proposals from previous administrations and
some now pending from the present administration and from Congress
may further violate the Constitution of the United States.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
AND THE SENATE OF THE 2ND SESSION OF THE 51ST OKLAHOMA LEGISLATURE:
THAT the State of Oklahoma hereby claims sovereignty under the
Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all
powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal
government by the Constitution of the United States.
THAT this serve as Notice and Demand to the federal government,
as our agent, to cease and desist, effective immediately, mandates
that are beyond the scope of these constitutionally delegated
powers.
THAT a copy of this resolution be distributed to the President
of the United States, the President of the United States Senate, the
Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, the Speaker

of the House and the President of the Senate of each state's
legislature of the United States of America, and each member of the
Oklahoma Congressional Delegation.

http://www.ok-safe.com/files/documen...JR1089_int.pdf

http://www.okhouse.gov/51LEG/Leg_Vot...e=okh01983.txt


Seems the United States aren't as United as I thought.

List of active autonomist and secessionist movements
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ac ... ted_States


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 15102
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:43 pm
 


Canadaka wrote:
Seems the United States aren't as United as I thought.

There's been a seperatist movement in Alaska for a long time.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 17037
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:52 pm
 


Yeah...If only Alaskans would join Canada... :lol:


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 3329
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:58 pm
 


There are secessionist movements everywhere. I doubt any of them will come to fruition in the US. That sort of thing was crushed rather solidly back in the 19th century.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 17037
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:08 pm
 


the most "active" and believed in ones are those of Maine, Vermont, California and Alaska...


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1240
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:01 am
 


To say the United States isn't united is like saying Australians are on the brink of civil war. Face it, these sessionalist movements are at most a few dozen people, and nothing on the order of Quebuec.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 21454

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:17 am
 


RUEZ wrote:
Canadaka wrote:
Seems the United States aren't as United as I thought.

There's been a seperatist movement in Alaska for a long time.

Oh yeah.

Not much love from the Continental United States for Alaska.

Alaskans generally hate the rest of America.

They are like Quebec, except Alaska actually has good reasons.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 21454

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:21 am
 


Arctic_Menace wrote:
the most "active" and believed in ones are those of Maine, Vermont, California and Alaska...

http://vermontcanada.org/

This site will make you smile. :)


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 17037
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:02 am
 


Mr_Canada wrote:
Arctic_Menace wrote:
the most "active" and believed in ones are those of Maine, Vermont, California and Alaska...

http://vermontcanada.org/

This site will make you smile. :)


I've seen that site before... :lol:


I long to see the day that Canada takes full control of the Arctic by accepting Alaska into Confederation, getting into a war with Denmark and snatching Greenland away from them and reunites Acadia by accepting Maine into Confederation. Oh, and just getting Vermont and everything in between to become a part of Canada... :lol:


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4661
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:14 am
 


Canadaka wrote:
I found this today... interesting

"A Joint Resolution claiming sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over certain powers; serving notice to the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates..."


The Federal government will gladly stop sharing the expenses on those mandates.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 21454

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:19 pm
 


Arctic_Menace wrote:
Mr_Canada wrote:
Arctic_Menace wrote:
the most "active" and believed in ones are those of Maine, Vermont, California and Alaska...

http://vermontcanada.org/

This site will make you smile. :)


I've seen that site before... :lol:


I long to see the day that Canada takes full control of the Arctic by accepting Alaska into Confederation, getting into a war with Denmark and snatching Greenland away from them and reunites Acadia by accepting Maine into Confederation. Oh, and just getting Vermont and everything in between to become a part of Canada... :lol:

:lol:

From Alaska to Texas, it's be ours! All Ours! First the Arctic, THEN THE WORLD!

...

Naw, we'll give Mexico the Southern States.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7710
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:41 pm
 


O.K. Quit being so divisive as a nation, unity is the best for all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74VA3xU0EA


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 21454

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:44 pm
 


tritium wrote:
O.K. Quit being so divisive as a nation, unity is the best for all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74VA3xU0EA

Yeah. Like a United Europe under Hitler.

Fuck you. :x


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7580
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:09 pm
 


dog77_1999 wrote:
To say the United States isn't united is like saying Australians are on the brink of civil war. Face it, these sessionalist movements are at most a few dozen people, and nothing on the order of Quebuec.

I would have to say that the true number of soverign supports in Quebec isnt that great these days either...


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1240
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:37 pm
 


kenmore wrote:
dog77_1999 wrote:
To say the United States isn't united is like saying Australians are on the brink of civil war. Face it, these sessionalist movements are at most a few dozen people, and nothing on the order of Quebuec.

I would have to say that the true number of soverign supports in Quebec isnt that great these days either...


But magnitudes more than anything in the US. I don't think there is an independence movement that has 10% of the population.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  1  2  3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: llama66 and 2 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.