canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:50 pm

I'm surprised that one of those armed, law-abiding civilians didn't pull out his gun and shoot the cops, because clearly, they were the dangerous ones here. 8O

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:00 pm

xerxes xerxes:

Here’s a somewhat useful guide for that.

Actually, when I thought about it later, there are so damn many "mass" shootings in the USA that we only hear about a tiny fraction of them. So, it stands to reason that there are many times other civilians will take the matter into their own hands, so to speak.

Interesting graph though.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:03 am

US youth firearm mortality increases over the past decade; trends differ significantly across states

$1:
The four states that did not have an upward trend in gun violence affecting children were New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and California, and have subsequently been shown to have strong laws to prevent child access to guns. Seven states with the highest rates of increased child-related gun violence (more than a 70% increase) were South Carolina, Arkansas, Colorado, Ohio, Kansas, Texas, and Indiana. Dr. Price stated, "Four of these states do not have child access prevention laws and two have weak laws.” Eighteen states had too few incidents in either 2010 or 2019 to reliably predict a trend.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duDCNW4 ... L&index=11

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:12 pm

Strutz Strutz:
xerxes xerxes:

Here’s a somewhat useful guide for that.

Actually, when I thought about it later, there are so damn many "mass" shootings in the USA that we only hear about a tiny fraction of them. So, it stands to reason that there are many times other civilians will take the matter into their own hands, so to speak.

Interesting graph though.

As I've said in the news industry when something is so common it's not worth reporting, they call it a Dog Bites Man story.
American mass shootings have become Dog Bites Man stories, you only hear about the ones where there's a HUGE number of victims or a lot of (children/specific race) victims.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:37 pm

herbie herbie:
As I've said in the news industry when something is so common it's not worth reporting, they call it a Dog Bites Man story.
American mass shootings have become Dog Bites Man stories, you only hear about the ones where there's a HUGE number of victims or a lot of (children/specific race) victims.

So, otherwise, it's ho hum another day, another xx people shot. Oh well.

It's sad really, that this has become the norm. Even sadder that it's accepted as the norm.

We have become so desensitized to it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:50 am

Police confirm several victims after multiple shootings in Langley, B.C.

Police have confirmed several victims after a series of shootings in Langley, B.C., prompted emergency alerts on Monday.

The first alert, issued just after 6:15 a.m. PT, reported "multiple shooting scenes" in the downtown core of the City of Langley and one "incident" in the neighbouring Township of Langley. The alert included a description of a suspect.

Police confirmed one man had been arrested just before 7 a.m., but said officers were still determining whether the suspect acted alone.

"We do have a male suspect in custody. However, we are ruling out any other outstanding individuals before we stand the emergency alert down," said Sgt. Rebecca Parslow.

Parslow said there were several victims, but did not specify how many. She said the victims were homeless and that police believe the attack was targeted.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6530983

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKXGK3-btRk

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALUUZ54n0L4

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELnhFui ... WL&index=3

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:31 pm

What could go wrong allowing guns at a music festival? Like they lurned so well from "Smoke on the Water" they're still shooting off fireworks inside almost 50 years later....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:59 pm

Strutz Strutz:

On his next show….”Here’s how the deep state lizard people put words in my mouth.”

I hope he gets taken to the cleaners.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:34 pm

I posted his reaction in the Trump thread. Priceless.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:06 pm

It’s funny really. For a guy with that much money, Jones has hired some really shitty lawyers. Must have borrowed Trump’s Rolodex.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 10  11  12  13  14  15  Next