CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:28 am

All the reports I have read thus far indicate conservatives will hold the house and might pick up some seats in the Senate. Even if Sen. Kerry is elected, he will have a difficult time implimenting his agenda. He will be an ineffective president going into office.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:57 am

He'll only be ineffective if the Republicans insist on playing harmful partisan games, Ugly Yank. I'm not sure the American people are in the mood for that kind of crap.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:25 am

Judging from the campign ads and the numerous instances of Republicans trying to disenfranchise voters suggests that they're quite willing to be hateful and partisan Rev.

Despite the person who posted it, it was an interesting article. It raises an interesting point: even if Bush is evicted from office, Kerry could still be in a bad way if the House and Senate go GOP. The Dems will probably lose the House, but if they win the Senate they can still undo a lot of the damage done. With a Senate majority they could appoint the cabinet they wanted and potentially and outgoing Supreme Court justices.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:31 am

I think by the time this week is done the American people are going to pretty emphatic about wanting a government that works together though. The massive divisions between the GOP and the Dems are getting awfully tiring. Anybody who plays partisan games that block action, any action no matter who wins, is going to face a backlash the next time Americans go to the polls.

That doesn't matter much if Bush wins because he will have Congress, but it does matter if Kerry wins.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:51 pm

Rev,

"Harmful partisan games" are tactics used by liberals when they know their goose is cooked. Ironic that Sen. Kerry shot one the other day. Prophetic, to say the least. When elections get this close you can guarantee the liberals haul out the old stand-bys. "Seniors won't get their checks" "Children won't get school lunches, and will starve" yada yada... Then there's the race card, class warfare, you name it. Yeah, Americans know harmful partisan games.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:59 pm

Xerxes,

Not a single shred of evidence, other than ancedotal used by liberals, indicate any Republican mysteriously disenfranchised anyone.

Not one complaint, not one witness, not one person came forward, not one lawsuit, not anyone any lib can hold up and say, "This person was disenfranchised." I suspect you haven't taken Rev's advice and asked the hard questions.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:23 am

Oh ,Ugly Yank. Tell me, did you have your eyes surgically removed or did you poke them out with a pointed stick?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:35 am

Oh, and thousands of eligable black voters in Florida being told they can't vote becuase they had names similar to those of felons (from Txxas no less)doesn't count as disenfranchisement? Amittedly, the evidence in every case isn't concrete, but there are enough stories going around all over the US that would make one think that there is a problem.

Just read this article: Paul Krugman: Across the Country, Beware of Attempts to Block the Vote

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:18 pm

And this surprises you?
You're talking about a democratic country with a population of nearly 300 million people. Only the naive would suggest for a moment that it could possibly be seamless and without errors of any kind.
As to deliberate attempts to block or obstruct voters, I would suggest you seriously consider your source.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:34 pm

I don't think anybody really considers you to be a source, Vic. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:07 am

Bombs over Tehran? What the fuck is wrong with you, Godz? Tehran is a city...it's full of civilians...many of them involved in growing democratic movement. You are promoting the murder of innocent civilians. You are an idiot. A disgusting little racist coward.

Go join the US military, Godz. They are desperate for people and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to accept you as cannon fodder.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:17 am

The election inspectors from the UN and other agencies are going to be presenting a pretty brutal report if this keeps up. Disenfranchisment based on race, missing ballots, electronic voting machines that are easily tampered with and leave no paper trail, lies, prejudice, intimidation...nice country down there.

Bush and his zealots have turned the United States' electoral process into a bad joke. They are criminal in their actions.