bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:46 pm

martin14 martin14:
Sounds a lot like people talking about Bush.

Turnabout is fair play.

In this case turnabout is idiotic, but at least we know the rightists are just as blind to reality as the leftists.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:49 pm

Let's address some spew. It's inaccurate.

Kristi Capel is not Fox cable news. She's an anchor for Fox 8 cleveland.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/2 ... 36670.html

http://fox8.com/

But here's a tweet from her, and it is true that the Cleveland co-anchor of the local TV station does not seem that well informed.

$1:
Kristi Capel ✔ @Kristi_Capel
Follow

@John_Ferguson_ @fox8news I apologize if I offended you, I had no idea it [the word jigaboo] was a word or what it meant. Thank you for watching.
4:34 AM - 23 Feb 2015

Now onto this nonsense about how Obama has saved the American oil industry and brought down oil prices.

First of all I believe the fear was oil would reach $5 a gallon not 10. That's what I used to hear, and if it didn't reach that mark, I bet it almost did.

But then a series of things happened Obama and crew didn't see coming back when he was talking about how his policies would necessarily cause energy prices to skyrocket.

The government oil leases Bush had signed off on before he left office began to produce. Obama himself prohibited such leases and kept new drilling from happening off shore.

But the Bush leases were starting to produce. Also private companies were finding new oil on private land by using new technologies to assist with methods such as Fracking, making them economically viable at the new high prices.

Saudi Arabia and other middle eastern producers started to freak in fear of the new American productivity. They increased production to bring down prices in hopes of making the new technologies too expensive to produce.

None of this had anything to do with Obama. It was all private companies. Anything he and his did was designed to hamper energy production not help.

He as much as said he had a plan for natural gas and coal prices to skyrocket. In general high energy prices was the plan. Luckily Obungles can't make his plans work. American ingenuity and free market gusto came through as the victor over Obama, not because of him.

I'm not an O'Reilly fan, but let's be honest all that happened there was Mother Jones wanted to get back at the right for revealing the truth about this...

Basically Mother Jones was going menstrual over what happened to lyin Brian Williams so they made some bogus claims against O'Reilly. O'Reilly replied.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:07 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
And Americans expect the rest of the world to take them seriously when this is what passes for political discourse in their country.

I think that political discourse died in 1948. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:13 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Wow, no race baiting there! Shouts of 'you aren't patriotic enough' just make me thing we are living 1938 all over again.

Sorry. This POS doesn't get to play the race card every time he gets criticized.

Or will Canada shut up about the Keystone XL because disagreeing with His Majesty is racist? :roll:

You'llonly hear from those Canucks cryin' about it. Anyone on the other side could be an enemy of the state under the new anti-terror law.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:07 pm

"George Bush doesn't care about black people"
Move along there's nothing to see, move along. :roll:

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Tampa Bay Lightning

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:05 am

Time to call a USCG National Incident on blame Bush hurricane Katrina err. I have full right to refute the Blame Bush BS. I was there before and after. The USCG was already prepping for response and mobilization and to carry out our Posse Comitatus duty in NIC Emergency. We only can get ready and await order's from the President of the US, who must receive permission and declaration from the Gov of LA who must get permission from by example the NOPD and Mayor of NO. Also to note FEMA fumbled getting proper info into the Chain of Command. You want to toss blame fine blame these idiots FEMA director Michael D. Brown, New Orleans Police Department (NOPD) Superintendent Eddie Compass, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco. Those individual screwed and F7cked the pooch royally. To top it off in the Aftermath many were relocated across the US and still have not returned to NO and only half of the NOPD from that day are still Cops. At current the Democrats got the blame hard as the Republicans control LA. I am thankful for my Brother's in the USMC, USN who came to the USCG's call in the aftermath.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:22 pm

Thanos Thanos:
At least make the criticism semi-lucid, intelligent, and based in reality. Since the 2009 inauguration the amount of criticism against Obama that's based on policy has been absolutely dwarfed by myths about his origin/ridiculous personal attacks/made-up bullshit about him being a Muslim-Commie-gay-BlackPanther. The reason that American conservatives as a group are no longer credible is because practically none of their criticisms are credible. Gasoline prices in the US are as low as they've been in over ten years, thanks to a combination of the oil collapse and the expansion of American oil production. Yet conservatives a year ago, and too many of them today, were saying that thanks to the Obamunist the fuel price would hit $10 a gallon by 2016.

Seriously, they act like children and need to grow the hell up. The way conservatives have been behaving for the last six years has been absolutely juvenile and abysmal. Conservatives can behave like Preston Manning or William F. Buckley and make a difference, or they can behave like Ezra Levant or Rush Limpbaugh and make complete asses out of themselves. The choice is theirs. And my choice was to have nothing to do with them or support them any longer as long as they were behaving the wrong way. :|

Dude, you seriously need to reactivate your rep points function-this is awesome.

As for Giuliani, here's the thing that stood out the most for me in the article:

$1:

Giuliani said he does believe Obama is "a patriot," that he bears him no ill will and that his personal story is inspiring but the positive words ended there. He implores Obama to start underscoring "America's greatness" and to "start acting and speaking in a way" that distinguishes the U.S. from its enemies.

The last time I checked, a "patriot" is someone who loves his country. So Giuliani is contradicting himself when he says he thinks Obama is a patriot, but then also says that he doesn't "love America". I'm not the only person who picked up on this, as some of the CBC commenters point out.

So which is it?

Does Giuliani think Obama loves America, or not?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:29 pm

The best comment that's been making the rounds since this BS talking point got raised is "ask Osama Bin Laden and the rest of the Al Qaeda shits that have been killed over the last six years how much Barack Obama doesn't love America". Rudy Giuliani's a little turd that's deserved to have his face slapped of his head since Sept 11 2001 happened. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:32 pm

Rudy likes to pose.