canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:30 am

Given the nonsense the city spends money on I have a hard time feeling sorry for them when the province pulls back on their funding. My last straw with them has been the recycling/composting debacle they're overseeing, not to mention the stab-in-the-back they did on the lower income people who lived in one of the local trailer parks. I'd buy a beer for Kenney myself, if I thought the pigeon even drank, if he went nuclear on Calgary and fired the mayor and city council altogether, which is within the province's right to do if a municipal system becomes corrupted or wildly dysfunctional.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:50 am

Thanos Thanos:
Given the nonsense the city spends money on I have a hard time feeling sorry for them when the province pulls back on their funding.

Every place is different. I'm pissed about Edmonton continuing to use Calcium Chloride on the roads, which destroys concrete and halves the life of a vehicle. Saving a few million on snow removal will cost us all more in the long run.

Thanos Thanos:
My last straw with them has been the recycling/composting debacle they're overseeing,

Every place is doing recycling wrong. Even recyclable containers have a 10% recycle rate. Mandate them so recycling is stronger, like never allowing black clam shells again.

Edmonton was doing composting right, I could buy 4 garbage bags of excellent compost every spring. And we haven't opened a new dump in 20 years, where Calgary took my favorite race track and turned it into a dump. :evil:

Thanos Thanos:
not to mention the stab-in-the-back they did on the lower income people who lived in one of the local trailer parks.

I read a story on that. They really screwed those people over, didn't they! :(

Thanos Thanos:
I'd buy a beer for Kenney myself, if I thought the pigeon even drank, if he went nuclear on Calgary and fired the mayor and city council altogether, which is within the province's right to do if a municipal system becomes corrupted or wildly dysfunctional.

After losing funding for my nice comfortable job with the great view and parking spot, the only thing I'd buy him is a tall glass of ethylene glycol! [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 am

There's probably not many politicians who don't deserve being disposed of behind the chemical sheds given what they're up to on a daily basis. We're quite thoroughly fucked if this is the best system humans are capable of imagining. :|