Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:55 pm

Jabberwalker wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:

And I imagine after this week President Trump will oblige the Europeans by closing a bunch of our bases in Europe and bringing home our troops and their billions of dollars in payroll money, too.

You like that idea, do you Comrade?

Now I'm a communist? :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:13 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
bootlegga wrote:
That's one of the biggest reasons why Americans have such a negative image overseas - people run into too many testosterone-raging twenty somethings in the US Armed Forces who get drunk, chase tail and do all the other stupid things twenty-somethings do.

Yet those are precisely the qualities evidenced by an effective cohort of warriors.

When it's on the battlefield, they certainly are qualities of good troops.

This is the kind of shit I was talking about:

Quote:
The initiative – which includes stopping alcohol sales after 9 p.m. at Army and Air Force Exchange Service stores at the garrison – was introduced last month after a spike in alcohol-related driving incidents at Grafenwoehr, base officials said. Such incidents, which include drunk driving arrests, increased from seven in January to 20 in March.

https://www.stripes.com/news/army-garri ... r-1.527267

Quote:
It took four officers and two gunshot wounds to restrain a 28-year-old U.S. soldier on a drunken rampage through a German hospital Thursday.

The soldier, who has not been identified, was brought into the Clinic of Grosshadern emergency room with a head wound at an Oktoberfest party.

Upon waking up, he proceeded to tear a red fire extinguisher off the wall, wave it around, and threaten the patients along with the nurses and doctors trying to treat him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... E-leg.html

Sometimes, it much worse than just public drunkenness...

Quote:
A US soldier based in South Korea has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for raping a teenager near his base.

The 21-year-old broke into the studio room of the woman and carried out a sexual attack lasting several hours, threatening her with scissors.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-15533011

Quote:
The Naha District Court also found Kenneth Franklin Shinzato, 33, a former Marine, guilty of abandoning the body of Rina Shimabukuro, 20. She was discovered in a forest, three weeks after disappearing while taking a walk.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/wor ... 912488001/

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:32 pm

Oh let them wander the UK in their MAGA hats. They're led by the epitome of the Ugly American, it's something they're proud of and aspire to be.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:43 pm

I added "low-profile American" to my list of oxymorons. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:25 pm

raydan wrote:
I added "low-profile American" to my list of oxymorons. :D

American irony is rarer than mithril.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:09 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
Thanos wrote:
...the upcoming sabotage that will destroy NATO...

NATO's biggest upcoming problems are:

1. The failure of too many members to buck up and pay their fair share of defense.

2. The European Union. This is actually the biggest issue facing NATO because the EU is not at all a signatory to NATO and once the EU takes control of all member nation militaries then the NATO treaty will be abrogated for the EU unless the EU Parliament negotiates membership AND the USA, UK, and Canada agree to that request.

2a. I suspect the EU Parliament will decline membership in NATO simply because there are no indications that they will seek said membership.
It is not that complicated.
The ONLY problem is that The Village People have run out of third world nations to rape and pillage. The petro-dollar is dying and your tranny-army can not beat the Sino-Russo-Persian alliance.

BRAH wrote:
When I was planning a trip to Iran the Government advised me to keep my head low and pack light in case I had to leave ASAP because the embassy was closed. So the idea being Canadian gives you a free pass isn't true.
Do not take it personally. Lots of Iranians have to keep a low-profile in Iran themselves!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:31 pm

CharlesAnthony wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Thanos wrote:
...the upcoming sabotage that will destroy NATO...

NATO's biggest upcoming problems are:

1. The failure of too many members to buck up and pay their fair share of defense.

2. The European Union. This is actually the biggest issue facing NATO because the EU is not at all a signatory to NATO and once the EU takes control of all member nation militaries then the NATO treaty will be abrogated for the EU unless the EU Parliament negotiates membership AND the USA, UK, and Canada agree to that request.

2a. I suspect the EU Parliament will decline membership in NATO simply because there are no indications that they will seek said membership.
It is not that complicated.
The ONLY problem is that The Village People have run out of third world nations to rape and pillage. The petro-dollar is dying and your tranny-army can not beat the Sino-Russo-Persian alliance.

BRAH wrote:
When I was planning a trip to Iran the Government advised me to keep my head low and pack light in case I had to leave ASAP because the embassy was closed. So the idea being Canadian gives you a free pass isn't true.
Do not take it personally. Lots of Iranians have to keep a low-profile in Iran themselves!

So, how did you eventually get out?

Are you enjoying your freedom, now?