canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:29 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Man, that was so disturbing it gave me second thoughts of simply travelling to the US, let alone ever consider moving there.

We've had our own senseless shooting of the mentally ill, just not as extreme as they like to do it in the US.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:31 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Man, that was so disturbing it gave me second thoughts of simply travelling to the US, let alone ever consider moving there.

No worries, just don't change your brakes on the street or water your lawn when the cops are around in some areas.

I'm not saying there are no problems up here but both recruitment and selection and training in much of the US for police is much lower standards than in Canada. Some small jurisdictions down there hire you simply if you've been in the military, which of course is (should be) nothing like policing.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:26 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Justify? How can that possibly be justified? The man was give one second to produce a second empty hand?

Holy shit that's outrageous.

If he'd been shot in the back eighty times it still would have been 'justified'.

See, if the police decide to kill you for any reason then their department, their city, and too many members of the public will instantly call the murder 'justifiable'.

Like I've said all too many times before, police are civilians and they should be held to the same standard as a civilian. Meaning that if the shoot was done by a civilian and it would result in charges then it should be the same with a supposedly 'highly trained' law enforcement officer.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:12 pm

You could hold the police to the standard of troops in Iraq or Afghanistan and most would be going to jail for unlawful use of force.

Did you have positive identification of a weapon within effective range of yourself, a coalition member, or a person designated special status?

If no then you can't use lethal force on them. No PID = no shoot. I thought he had a gun doesn't cut it.

Lots of ways to fix the problem, none of them include having the police sort it out themselves.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:37 pm

The guy's not dead but he'll never be the same...and this one is in BC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d6c_1412389149

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:56 pm

Small town Texas cop shoots and kills two passive dogs. On the same page a cop from the same town is shown tasering a man who was being cooperative.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2014/ ... body-cams/

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:07 pm

If the dogs were wild without any obvious owner I only have issue with the discharge of a firearm in a residential area. Without a constructed backstop it's not possible to be totally sure that a bullet will not deflect on a hazardous path, as such should be limited to valid self defence only.

For the video above of the alleged drunk driver, not only should that officer be personally responsible for any incurred medical and life style costs, backstopped by the RCMP paying whatever the officer can't. He and every other officer in the room should be charged with the correct type of battery for their clearly unlawful assault on the man.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
This travesty shouldn't be laid at the feet of the Police alone. Various levels of Gov`t are just as culpable for the deaths of these people as the Police Officers who pulled the trigger.

Are you going to go all Andy on us? "It's nobody's fault because it's everybody's fault."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:17 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
This travesty shouldn't be laid at the feet of the Police alone. Various levels of Gov`t are just as culpable for the deaths of these people as the Police Officers who pulled the trigger.

Are you going to go all Andy on us? "It's nobody's fault because it's everybody's fault."

I just shot coffee out my nose reading that. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:31 pm

On topic...

Attachments:
File comment: donutwatch
Kth1f0k[1].jpg
Kth1f0k[1].jpg [ 96.38 KiB | Viewed 119 times ]
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Tampa Bay Lightning

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:34 pm

I have yet to use my sidearm in Vegas when on reserve Metro PD duty, nor the taser. However my 40mm Bean shot has been used by me. 1 hit to the chest will knock ya down and sore as hell. But it wont kill you. We also have used a experimental LRAD that can knock you down using sound freq's or the Doughnut round with will goo you up and immobilize you. Officer's here who use force deadly or non lethal are reviewed by the DA here and a panel for clear of charges or send to grand jury. There has been a few case's that went Grand Jury and the officer was stripped and imprisoned for life no parole for excessive application of force causing death.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:39 pm

We just had one of those DBO's today in a nearby neighbourhood. We're not sure what happened, yet.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/ontario-polic ... 15227.html

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:54 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Like I've said all too many times before, police are civilians and they should be held to the same standard as a civilian. .

Actually I'd disagree. I'd say they should be held to HIGHER standards due to the fact when they are hired their hiring standards (can't contest for sure to all the US but at least in Canada) are made to pick out the above average applicants. Plus they are trained how to handle themselves and what is right and wrong in detail. So they should know better and know how to respond better. Most services also have professional standards which likely say they have to act to higher standards, or some variation of that. Even in Corrections ours says something along the lines of having to maintain conduct expected of our peace officer status, even off duty. If we where expected to be of no better standard than the average civilian then they would have no need to point this out.

If we are going to give someone peace officer status we have to make sure we hit above the bar since this status brings with it certain legal trust and benefit of the doubt.

For those who doubt, I can assure you cops do go to jail.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:00 pm

Vamp018 Vamp018:
I have yet to use my sidearm in Vegas when on reserve Metro PD duty, nor the taser. However my 40mm Bean shot has been used by me. 1 hit to the chest will knock ya down and sore as hell. But it wont kill you. We also have used a experimental LRAD that can knock you down using sound freq's or the Doughnut round with will goo you up and immobilize you. Officer's here who use force deadly or non lethal are reviewed by the DA here and a panel for clear of charges or send to grand jury. There has been a few case's that went Grand Jury and the officer was stripped and imprisoned for life no parole for excessive application of force causing death.

All the instruments are registering positive, so......

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

8O Holy Crap ROTFL .

Don't know how you got that out of my statement but since you're inquiring here we go.

It isn't everybody's fault but, like I said, various levels of Governments are just as culpable as the Police for not ensuring the lunatics, assholes and psychopaths are kept out of the ranks of the people entrusted to protect us.

If incompetent doctors kept killing patients and the College of Physicians and Surgeons didn't do anything about it wouldn't they be just as culpable? So, why should Governments get a pass on this issue and please don't give me that crap about the Government being the people because that ship sailed decades ago?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2378 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 159  Next