bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:18 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Leave it to the UK to do the job of compiling statistics on how many Americans die by police gunfire.

Note that of all the crime statistics the FBI collects the one they don't want is the number of people shot by police agencies across the nation.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-i ... -database#

Hmmm, lotta White people on that list despite what the liberal narrative wants us to believe.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:44 am

well, let's pull out some of the usual CKA arguments:

The article doesn't supply pictures, so how do you know who's white?

And a Martin classic: 63% of Americans are white, 12.3 black. Now you seem to know the race of each of the victims (not sure how), so what is the per capita shooting ratio?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:56 am

$1:
The article doesn't supply pictures, so how do you know who's white?

[huh]
Yes it does.

$1:
Now you seem to know the race of each of the victims (not sure how), so what is the per capita shooting ratio?

The article show's pictures of the vast majority shot. Did you once again not read the article and just make the left wing assumption?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:59 am

No pictures, but I didn't notice it gave the race of the victim. My second question still stands.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:02 am

andyt andyt:
No pictures

Then your browser is f*cked up because the pictures are all on the first page. Scroll down and they load automatically for each profile.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:04 am

seems my browser is fucked up. Any suggestions?

Cancel that. Some seem to have pics, some not.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:11 am

andyt andyt:
seems my browser is fucked up. Any suggestions?

Cancel that. Some seem to have pics, some not.

You might need to update your Adobe Flash Player to the current version - you should do this anyway if only for security reasons.

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:19 am

I do that as suggested - ie it automatically asks me if I want to update. Just tested it and it's up to date.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:31 am

So the site makes it easy to do the math. 281 out of 568 killed were white. 157 out of 568 were black.

Since blacks are only 12.5% of the population, if cops weren't disproportionately shooting blacks, we'd expect 281 * .125 = 35 blacks to have been shot, instead of 157 or 4 times as much.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:47 am

andyt andyt:
So the site makes it easy to do the math. 281 out of 568 killed were white. 157 out of 568 were black.

Since blacks are only 12.5% of the population, if cops weren't disproportionately shooting blacks, we'd expect 281 * .125 = 35 blacks to have been shot, instead of 157 or 4 times as much.

The disproportionate shootings of blacks are due to two things that are both easily observable on the net:

1. Blacks commit a lot of violent crime. Mostly against each other. Cops tend to shoot violent criminals.

2. Because of the facts of #1 cops frequently get away with shooting innocent black folks.

The ratio of innocent blacks to not-innocent blacks getting shot is unknown. What is known is that there is such a ratio and that is 100% unacceptable.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:36 pm

Ten demerits for the idiot cops who jailed this woman when she showed up at the PD to show proof her dog license had been renewed.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/ind ... nse_l.html

$1:
KALAMAZOO, MI -- On her way to a Shipshewana shopping trip on June 23, Becky Rehr swung by the Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office to show her $35 receipt proving she finally renewed the license for the family dog.

While her 14-year-old daughter waited in the car, Rehr followed the clerk out of the reception area. To her horror, she found that she was not being led to an office, but to the booking area of the county jail, where she was fingerprinted, had a mug shot taken and was put in a holding area with jail inmates.

"They frisked me and put me in this intake cell with all these inmates in orange jumpsuits," Rehr said. "I was pretty nervous."

It took three hours before she was released on $100 bond, allowing her to return to her daughter, still waiting in the car.

"Luckily, she had her iPhone," said Rehr, 47, of Cooper Township.

On Tuesday, Rehr faces arraignment on a criminal charge of failure to renew a dog license, a misdemeanor in Kalamazoo County punishable by up to 90 days in jail and a $100 fine. Her court hearing is before Kalamazoo County District Judge Christopher Haenicke.

It's good to see the PD working hard to keep these hardened criminals off the streets. :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:05 am

Failing to renew a dog license is a criminal offense? How the fuck does that make sense?

I thought it got bad when they made downloading music a crime, but having an unregistered dog?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:16 am

$1:
Washington state police officer says he and others killed man when he threatened to throw rock

Published July 08, 2015 Associated Press

SPOKANE, Wash. – A Washington state police officer says a man was holding a large rock and drew back his arm as if he was going to throw it when the officer and others opened fire and killed him.

A recording of Officer Adam Wright describing the shooting of Antonio Zambrano-Montes, a Mexican national, was released Wednesday by authorities in Franklin County.

The killing of 35-year-old Zambrano-Montes was captured on video and sparked weeks of protests in the central Washington city of Pasco.

A prosecutor is deciding whether the three officers who shot Zambrano-Montes should face criminal charges.

Wright says he feared officers would be injured or killed by the rock.

The recording was among 10 released by the Franklin County prosecutor. Other documents and recordings were released last week.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/08/wa ... atened-to/

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:36 am

"I was in fear for my life." should not be a license to kill. :idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:04 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
"I was in fear for my life." should not be a license to kill. :idea:

Sure it is.

Police have families that they'd like to return home to.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2378 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 29  30  31  32  33  34  35 ... 159  Next