Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:01 pm

This thread is about US police misconduct, but I don't know where else to post this.

Vancouver Police Department refuses to acknowledge use of controversial surveillance device
$1:
The Vancouver Police Department has refused to disclose documents, or even acknowledge the potential existence of, a highly controversial surveillance device known as the StingRay.
Commonly referred to as the stingray, the device can simulate cell phone towers in order to trick nearby mobile phones into connecting to them and revealing the phones’ locations. Large groups of people can be monitored and their mobile phone’s incoming and outgoing calls recorded. The surveillance device is also capable of intercepting the content of voice and text communications.

This is Canada, not some military dictatorship. Police are required to get a warrant *BEFORE* intercepting any telephone conversation. It's normally called a wire-tap, but because of wireless technology it's legally called "intercepting". This is highly illegal. This is a criminal offence under federal law. And police are not above the law. The RCMP have jurisdiction to arrest any Vancouver police guilty of operating this device. If the Vancouver police chief has authorized it's use, then that is a criminal offence, and RCMP can arrest him.

The Nuremberg trials at the end of World War 2 established the precedent that when any person in authority gives an illegal order, the subordinate is authorized to refuse. If the subordinate obeys the order, both the subordinate and the person in authority who gave the order are guilty of the criminal act. The person who gave the the order does not have to be present, and he/she isn't just guilty of conspiracy, rather they're both guilty of the act itself.

Description of this device says it intercepts all cell phones in the area. So even if police have a warrant to intercept one cell phone, this device intercepts all others. It's illegal to intercept any phone without a warrant, so use of this device is completely illegal.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:30 pm

The FBI have let court cases be dropped for lack of evidence, rather than reveal how Stingrays actually work. 8O

That must either be one useful tool, or one iron clad End User Agreement.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:56 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
The FBI have let court cases be dropped for lack of evidence, rather than reveal how Stingrays actually work. 8O

That must either be one useful tool, or one iron clad End User Agreement.

Stingrays are why strong encryption is such an issue to law enforcement. They're absolutely peeved that they won't be able to listen to all of your phone calls at will.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Islamic terrorists are murdering people in Paris and badge-wearing terrorists are murdering people in the USA.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2015 ... h-warrant/

$1:
North Carolina Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After He Demanded to See Search Warrant for Man No Longer Living There

North Carolina deputies shot and killed an unarmed man Sunday while trying to search a home for an assault suspect who no longer lived there.

Harnett County sheriff’s deputies arrived at the home of John Livingston at 3:30 a.m., demanding to be let inside.

But Livingston, a 33-year-old father of three, insisted on seeing a search warrant.

When they were unable to produce one, Livingston shut the door.

But that prompted deputies to kick in the door, force their way inside and begin beating, tasing and pepper spraying Livingston

Livingston was not fighting back, but at one point, when the deputy had him facedown on the porch outside, tasering him, the man grabbed the taser from the deputy in an attempt to stop the torture, according to his roommate.

Disgusting.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:52 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Disgusting.

X 2 :evil:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:07 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Islamic terrorists are murdering people in Paris and badge-wearing terrorists are murdering people in the USA.

there's a connection, but i'm sure you'd rather ignore it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:05 am

I'd pay good money to see the most vicious cop that ever lived beat the motherfucking living shit out of you.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:08 pm

i'd just bring a bat and beat the shit out of you personally, cause i'm classy like that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:20 pm

Yeah, you wobblies are pretty tough when you're in a group with your fellow loudmouth losers from the union hall/hot dog kiosk at the mall

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:44 pm

romanP romanP:
i'd just bring a bat and beat the shit out of you personally, cause i'm classy like that.

I doubt you would ever challenge anyone face to face. You're an internet tough guy who would piss his pants if ever confronted by anyone between the ages of 10-100. :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:36 pm

i doubt that you're even a real person, so whatever.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:37 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Yeah, you wobblies are pretty tough when you're in a group with your fellow loudmouth losers from the union hall/hot dog kiosk at the mall

that's the Teamsters you're thinking of.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:41 pm

romanP romanP:
i doubt that you're even a real person, so whatever.

Believe me, I'm 100% real. A real person who's served the in the Armed Forces for 25 years and now works in the oil and gas industry where I probably make more in one day than you see in 2 months. :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:43 pm

i have zero fucks to give. here's the Navy Seal copypasta again, just for fun...

$1:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

PS, I'll support the troops when they shoot their officers.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:45 pm

romanP romanP:
i have zero fucks to give. here's the Navy Seal copypasta again, just for fun...

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

[laughat]

If we ever met I 100% guarantee you'd cry like a little bitch. [hockey] [laughat]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2378 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 49  50  51  52  53  54  55 ... 159  Next