Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:16 am

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/15/br ... video.html

Full title: Broward Deputy Scot Peterson seen standing outside during Florida school shooting in new video

VIDEO AT THE LINK.

$1:
Broward Deputy Scot Peterson stands safely behind a concrete wall taking no action as high school students lay dead and wounded just feet away, newly released video of the Florida school shooting shows.

The Broward Sheriff’s Office released the 27-minute video Thursday of the former longtime resource officer responding to initial reports of a shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb. 14. Peterson, who was assigned to the school and on site when the shooting began, is seen with a civilian security monitor at the start of the video, but spends most of the video standing outside the school with his gun drawn.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:17 am

Shit. Kind of pointless to have an armed cop at a school if he isn't going to do anything during a school shooting. :roll:

But I'm sure he was really great at going after kids smoking in the bathrooms and running in the halls. :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:24 am

If a Sheriff is assigned to school patrol, he isn't the brightest bulb in the pack to begin with.

I can't really fault him either, we never know what we are going to do in a situation like that. I'd like to think I'd do different, but I might just crap my drawers and do nothing too. But then I'd have the decency to eat a bullet myself, because I couldn't live with that horror on my concious.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:29 am

When you want help...

$1:
When a gunman started shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, two Miramar SWAT team members did what comes naturally: They went to help.

Now they’ve been suspended for it.

The officers did not have permission to respond to the shooting at Parkland on Feb. 14, when 17 people were killed.

And that created an officer safety issue and left them unaccountable for their actions, according to their police department.

But their union reacted differently.

“While it may have been a violation of policy to not notify their supervisors that they were going there, their intentions were brave and heroic, I think,” Broward County PBA President Jeff Marano said Wednesday.

The SWAT officers who responded were Detective Jeffrey Gilbert and Detective Carl Schlosser. One of them told supervisors he was in the Coral Springs area when the gunfire happened; it’s not known where the other drove from, police spokeswoman Tania Rues said.

“They were both close by [the high school],” Rues said.

A third SWAT member, Officer Kevin Gonzalez, was accused of being linked to several social media posts that put the city and police in a negative light, and was suspended for violating the department’s social media policy and the code of conduct, Rues said.

She said she “could not comment further on where he may have posted information about the mass shooting or what was written.”

All three were notified Feb. 22 of their indefinite removal from what their department called a “privileged program” and were ordered to surrender their SWAT-issued rifles, but they remain on active duty for their other assignments, Rues said.

The afternoon of the shooting, Miramar police placed the SWAT team on stand-by in case a request came from the Broward Sheriff’s Office to assist. That call for the team never came, Rues said.

The Broward Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday it could not confirm whether anyone spoke with Miramar that day, but said Miramar’s SWAT team was “not needed” during the incident.

Miramar Police sent a victim’s advocate to help console victims’ families and officers to help direct traffic, Rues said.

The instinct to run toward danger is a common one in police officers, seen often during terrorist attacks and mass shootings.

But during the Jan. 6, 2017, shootings at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, over 2,000 cops responded to the original report of gunfire and false reports of additional shots fired, according to a report by the Broward Sheriff’s Office. Five people were killed and six others wounded in the rampage.

“Police officers have an inherent bias for action, and the minute they hear there’s a violent incident underway their immediate inclination is to go to it and try to stop the violence that is occurring,” Jim Bueermann, president of the Police Foundation, a Washington, D.C.-based police research organization, told the South Florida Sun Sentinel last June. “And we want that in police officers. The problem is being able to channel that.”

But police response plans around the country have been changed to avoid having cops swarm to scenes. A crowd of arriving law enforcement can jam roads that ambulances need to use, overwhelm radios and in general, add to the confusion of the police response.

Lessons learned from the Aurora, Colo. movie theater shooting and the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport shooting “clearly demonstrate that a controlled, organized response is what is most effective,” Rues said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/browa ... story.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:41 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
If a Sheriff is assigned to school patrol, he isn't the brightest bulb in the pack to begin with.

I can't really fault him either, we never know what we are going to do in a situation like that. I'd like to think I'd do different, but I might just crap my drawers and do nothing too. But then I'd have the decency to eat a bullet myself, because I couldn't live with that horror on my concious.

He wanted to help , but he had bone spurs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:55 pm

BREAKING: Broward County Sheriff’s Office Training And Operation Materials Instruct First Officers On Scene To 'Immediately Confront The Shooter'

$1:
On Thursday, Judicial Watch released Broward County Sheriff’s Office training and operation materials that are abundantly clear in their instructions in case of an active shooter incident, ordering the first one or two officers on the scene to “immediately go to confront the shooter.” Judicial Watch issued a thread on Twitter detailing their findings:

@JudicialWatch

(1/10)Broward County Sheriff’s Office Training Materials Say First One or Two Officers on Scene should ‘Confront the Shooter’

https://www.dailywire.com/news/28297/br ... nk-berrien

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:11 pm

Maybe his years of training etc never prepared for him what happened that day.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:21 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Shit. Kind of pointless to have an armed cop at a school if he isn't going to do anything during a school shooting. :roll:

But I'm sure he was really great at going after kids smoking in the bathrooms and running in the halls. :|

Maybe, that you need to do is separate the crazy people from the weapons.

Eh?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:09 am

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Eh?

Maybe we should start teaching kids to treat others right. Have them stop treating their classmates like shit. Kids demanding that we stop them from killing each other. They wont take responsibility for their actions but want us to take responsibility for the action of someone else.

OH and yes we are glad Canada does not allow you to have a gun Jabberwalker.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:28 am

stratos stratos:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Eh?

Maybe we should start teaching kids to treat others right. Have them stop treating their classmates like shit. Kids demanding that we stop them from killing each other. They wont take responsibility for their actions but want us to take responsibility for the action of someone else.

OH and yes we are glad Canada does not allow you to have a gun Jabberwalker.

Well, good luck with that. The United States is in such a steep decline and your culture is crumbling before the World's eyes. Who's going to fix your children? You are? Maybe that's the root cause. Mass immorality has become the norm in your dying society.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:50 am

In Canada I think pretty much all jurisdictions have a policy of pursuing active shooters--ever since Ecole Polytechnique. Not sure if they have that in the US, but it would be a good idea. These guys typically kill until the last bullet which they save for themselves. Setting up a perimeter is useless.

Fucking hilarious that Trump expects teachers to take down active shooters when cops won't.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:11 am

Most do in the US too IIRC. It was changed after Columbine.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:23 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Eh?

The government had at least NINETEEN opportunities to intervene with the shooter and they FAILED due to incompetence and avarice.

We have laws on the books that should have prevented this tragedy but what good are they if they're not enforced?

Likewise, as we saw with the Obama Administration gun-smuggling program 'Fast and Furious' the best gun laws in the world are null and void when the government itself is the criminal.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:28 am

stratos stratos:

Well, good luck with that. The United States is in such a steep decline and your culture is crumbling before the World's eyes. Who's going to fix your children? You are? Maybe that's the root cause. Mass immorality has become the norm in your dying society.

After seventy years of the leftists pouring their hate and contempt on the very notion of morality we have exactly what these fuckers asked for.

If we're going to instill morality in the kids then we have to start by only hiring morally upright and inherently decent teachers.

And watch the teacher's unions go ballistic over that proposal.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:33 am

Attachments:
7ADA87E3-0A25-488F-A3F0-7CBEB5A92DA0.jpeg
7ADA87E3-0A25-488F-A3F0-7CBEB5A92DA0.jpeg [ 99.1 KiB | Viewed 321 times ]