bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:27 pm

Lots of sources on the web about this growing story.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... n1tFjvqxDE

In any case the heart of this is the radical left has taken control of Virginia thanks to a massive $23 million to $100 million spending spree by anti-gun Michael Bloomberg.

The Democrats are pushing a raft of laws that are designed to interact with each other and do some very scary things.

The NRA details some of the laws here:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2019112 ... ry-gun-ban

The Democrats are also not keeping quiet about their plans to use 'Red Flag' laws to criminalize speech about gun safety, firearms training, and possibly even Second Amendment activism. People subject to these new speech laws will face raids by law enforcement to seize their weapons.

Thus some 71 local governments as of yesterday have declared themselves 'sanctuaries' for gun rights.

The Tazewell County board of supervisors unanimously voted to enable an armed citizens militia.

A sheriff in a dissenting county has promised to deputize everyone in the county to preserve their rights.

The governor and multiple Democrats are promising to use lethal force to enforce their proposed gun laws up to and including the use of National Guard units against dissenting local governments.

The State of Tennessee legislature is reportedly drafting legislation to grant legal sanctuary to anyone facing prosecution under the new Virginia Democrat gun laws. At least three Tennessee counties are promising armed assistance to Virginia counties that request it.

Up until last night I'd heard virtually nothing about this and just considered it the usual media hype and then at lunch I'm hearing from one of my USMC active duty friends who
informed me that this is deadly serious. The Pentagon, which is located in Virginia, is going to go to a high security level after Christmas and the order will extend to all US military bases in Virginia.

I seriously hope the US Supreme Court will quickly intervene and resolve the matter once and for all before someone gets killed.

In the meantime this is something to watch.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:32 pm

Kinda scary.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Not at all just up holding the 2nd amendment

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:40 pm

The Amendment you all have misunderstood....

This is what your founding fathers meant...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:24 pm

Our founding fathers overthrew their own sovereign government in a civil war that resulted in the independence of the several colonies.

That civil war started when an arrogant government sent armed troops to seize weapons from the locals.

Sounds familiar.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:47 pm

The “gun sanctuary” declaration is largely symbolic as it has no force of law.

And as Slate notes, this imitation of the left’s “sanctuary city” declaration is not the same thing:

$1:
The two approaches are classic cases of false equivalency. Jurisdictions that proclaim themselves sanctuaries for immigrants do not seek to violate the law; they simply refuse to engage local law enforcement in supporting actions that are federal responsibilities. They do not block the law, but simply insist that it should be enforced by those who have the responsibility to do so. For some proponents of so-called gun sanctuaries, however, the goal is to prevent enforcement of state law that the jurisdiction (not a court) deems unconstitutional.

As for the rest of Barts claims about rumours of silencing free speech, gun safety etc that’s just the usual fabricated lies and horseshit that the righ is known for. But I think everyone on this forum naturally understands that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:38 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Our founding fathers overthrew their own sovereign government in a civil war that resulted in the independence of the several colonies.

That civil war started when an arrogant government sent armed troops to seize weapons from the locals.

Sounds familiar.

Never happen here. We're far too domesticated.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:59 am

A little more from Virginia.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/virgi ... -gun-laws/

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:10 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
In the meantime this is something to watch.
The War Of Northern Aggression -- Part 2: The Empire Strikes Back

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:09 pm

https://www.wsls.com/news/local/2019/11 ... discussed/

$1:
ROANOKE, Va. – As more and more counties vote to become Second Amendment sanctuaries, we’ve compiled a list to help you keep track.

10 News talked with a Constitutional law professor to learn more about what it means to become a Second Amendment sanctuary.

To read the bills related to weapons, including guns, that will be discussed during Virginia’s 2020 legislative session, click here.

Counties/Cities Adopted:

Accomack County - Adopted on Dec. 18. 2019 (Slightly modified version)

Alleghany County - Adopted on Dec. 3, 2019

Amelia County - Adopted on Dec. 18, 2019

Amherst County - Adopted on Dec. 3, 2019

Appomattox County - Adopted on Nov. 18, 2019

Augusta County - Adopted on Dec. 4, 2019

Bath County - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019

Bedford County - Adopted on Dec. 9, 2019

Bland County - Adopted on Nov. 26, 2019

Botetourt County - Adopted on Nov. 26, 2019

City of Bristol - Adopted on Dec. 9, 2019 (Slightly modified version)

Brunswick County - Adopted on Dec. 11, 2019 (Confirmed with county administration)

Buchanan County - Adopted on Dec. 2, 2019

Buckingham County - Adopted on Dec. 9, 2019

Campbell County - Adopted on Nov. 7, 2019

Caroline County - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019

Carroll County - Adopted on May 13, 2019

Charlotte County - Adopted Nov. 13, 2019

City of Chesapeake - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019

City of Colonial Heights - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019

City of Covington - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019

Craig County - Adopted Dec. 5, 2019

Culpeper County - Adopted Dec. 3, 2019

Cumberland County - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019

Dickenson County - Adopted on Nov. 19, 2019

Dinwiddie County - Adopted on Nov. 20, 2019

Floyd County - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019

Fluvanna County - Adopted on Dec. 11, 2019

City of Franklin - Adopted on Dec. 9, 2019

Franklin County - Adopted on Dec. 17, 2019

Frederick County - Adopted on Dec. 11, 2019

City of Galax - Adopted on Dec. 9, 2019 (Slightly modified version)

Giles County - Adopted on Nov. 21, 2019

Gloucester County - Adopted on Dec. 3, 2019

Goochland County - Adopted on Dec. 3, 2019

Grayson County - Adopted on Dec. 12, 2019

Greene County - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019

Greensville County - Adopted on Dec. 3, 2019

Halifax County - Adopted on Dec. 2, 2019

Hanover County - Adopted on Dec. 11, 2019

Henrico County - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019 (Slightly modified version)

Henry County - Adopted on Nov. 26, 2019

Isle of Wight County - Adopted on Dec. 12, 2019

James City County - Approved resolution to affirm its commitment to the constitutions of the United States and Virginia on Dec. 10, 2019

King and Queen County - Adopted on Dec. 9, 2019 (Confirmed with county government)

King George County - Adopted on Dec. 3, 2019

King William County - Adopted on Nov. 25, 2019

Lancaster County - Adopted on Dec. 12, 2019

Lee County - Adopted on Nov. 19, 2019

Louisa County - Adopted on Dec. 2, 2019

Lunenburg County - Adopted on Dec. 12, 2019 (Confirmed with county administration)

Mathews County - Adopted on Dec. 17, 2019

Madison County - Adopted on Nov. 26, 2019

City of Martinsville - Passed slightly modified resolution on Dec. 10, 2019

Mecklenburg County - Adopted on Dec. 9, 2019

Middlesex County - Adopted on Dec. 3, 2019

Montgomery County - Adopted on Dec. 16, 2019 (Slightly modified version)

Nelson County - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019

New Kent County - Adopted on Nov. 27, 2019

Northampton County - Passed slightly modified resolution on Dec. 10, 2019

Northumberland County - Adopted on Dec. 12 (Confirmed with county administration)

City of Norton - Adopted on Dec. 3, 2019

Nottoway County - Adopted on Nov. 21, 2019

Orange County - Adopted on Dec. 3, 2019

Page County - Adopted on Dec. 3, 2019

Patrick County - Adopted on Nov. 18, 2019

Pittsylvania County - Adopted on Nov. 19, 2019

City of Poquoson - Adopted on Dec. 9, 2019

Powhatan County - Adopted on Nov. 25, 2019

Prince Edward County - Adopted on Dec. 17, 2019

Prince George County - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019

Prince William County - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019 (Expected to be overturned by newly elected Board)

Pulaski County - Approved on Dec. 16, 2019

Rappahannock County - Adopted on Dec. 2, 2019

Richmond County - Adopted on Dec. 12, 2019 (Confirmed with county administration)

Roanoke County - Adopted on Dec. 3, 2019

Rockbridge County - Adopted on Dec. 9, 2019

Rockingham County - Adopted on Dec. 11, 2019

Russell County - Adopted on Dec. 2, 2019

Scott County - Adopted on Dec. 4, 2019

Shenandoah County - Adopted on Dec. 9, 2019

Smyth County - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019

Southampton County - Adopted on Nov. 25, 2019

Spotsylvania County - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019

Stafford County - Adopted on Dec. 17, 2019

Surry County - Adopted on Dec. 5, 2019

Sussex County - Adopted Nov. 21, 2019

Tazewell County - Adopted on Dec. 3, 2019

Warren County - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019 (Confirmed with county administration)

Washington County - Adopted on Nov. 26, 2019

Westmoreland County - Adopted on Dec. 11, 2019 (Confirmed with county administration)

Wise County - Adopted on Dec. 12, 2019

Wythe County - Adopted on Nov. 26, 2019

York County - Adopted on Dec. 17, 2019 (“Constitutional County”)

Towns Adopted:

Big Stone Gap - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019 (Confirmed with town office)

Bluefield - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019

Cedar Bluff - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019

Crewe - Adopted on Dec. 9, 2019 (Confirmed with town office)

Exmore - Adopted on Dec. 2, 2019

Grottoes - Adopted on Dec. 9, 2019

Mineral - Adopted on Dec. 9, 2019 (Confirmed with town office)

Pulaski - Adopted on Dec. 17, 2019 (Confirmed with town manager)

Rocky Mount - Adopted on Dec. 9, 2019

Rural Retreat - Adopted on Nov. 26, 2019 (Confirmed with Town Council member)

Strasburg - Adopted on Dec. 10, 2019 (Slightly modified version)

Vinton - Adopted on Dec. 17, 2019

Upcoming Discussions:
Charles City County - Will be discussed on Dec. 23

City of Waynesboro - Will be discussed at a special meeting on Jan. 13, 2020

City of Lynchburg - Will be discussed during public hearing on Jan. 14, 2020

Molon Labe, bitches. PDT_Armataz_01_35

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:00 pm

Virginia gun ‘sanctuary' leaders urge resistance to gun laws, compare to American Revolution

$1:
The clash in Virginia over gun control has reached a new level, with proponents of a gun “sanctuary” movement urging active resistance to Democratic proposals in Richmond, citing the arguments that led to the American Revolution.

“Resistance to illegal and unauthorized government acts is not new,” said two leaders of the movement in noting the decisions by the Founding Fathers to sign the Declaration of Independence that challenged Great Britain and King George III.

“This doctrine is, in fact, foundational to our form of government. Indeed, the Declaration of Independence is a document of interposition, between the American colonists and a tyrannical King George III. Its signatories — the people’s representatives — pledged to one another ‘our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor,’ believing that they most likely would be tried and executed for treason against the crown,” said the new memo from the Virginia Citizens Defense League and the Virginia-based Gun Owners of America Inc.

Their 12-page memo was both in defense of the state gun sanctuary movement that has been adopted by 114 counties and communities and a challenge to the opinion of Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring that the sanctuaries have “no legal effect.”

The movement sweeping Virginia has in less than two months become the national model for fighting gun control. In November, the Democrats took control of the state legislature and, backed by Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam, have offered several gun control proposals.

In reaction, gun owners have flooded into county and city meetings to demand that their representatives approve sanctuary resolutions to ignore gun control laws, similar to how immigration sanctuary resolutions work.

“Should the government in Richmond act lawlessly, then local officials and the people they represent will not cooperate and may take steps to actively resist,” said the letter.

Herring last week issued an opinion that the resolutions have no legal effect. What’s more, he said that local governments must give in to the state government.

“All localities, local constitutional officers, and other local officials are obligated to follow duly enacted state laws,” he wrote. “It is my opinion that these resolutions have no legal effect,” he added.

The sanctuary leaders, however, called the potential Virginia gun control laws a violation of the Second Amendment and cited Revolutionary War-era heroes who fought oppressive control.

Their letter said, “The U.S. Constitution and the Virginia Constitution are the statements of the will of the people themselves, and the compacts from which the Virginia legislature draws its authority. Should the Virginia General Assembly, along with the Virginia governor or attorney general, enact and attempt to enforce a law which is prohibited by Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, or Article I, Section 13 of the Virginia Constitution, and the pre-existing, inalienable rights of the people, then such law is of no legitimacy — and void. In response, local government officials who have sworn an oath to uphold the federal and state constitutions unquestionably have the inherent power — and the duty — to refuse to enforce such unconstitutional laws, and even to protect the people against enforcement.”

The two groups also noted that Northam and Herring have in the past ignored mandates.

The movement plans to expand its local and county fight to the capital in Richmond in January when the legislature plans to take up gun control measures.

The groups have made plans to drive dozens of full buses to the capital on Jan. 20 for a lobbying day.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wash ... revolution

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:24 pm

$1:
The groups have made plans to drive dozens of full buses to the capital on Jan. 20 for a lobbying day.

If they are allowed to peacefully protest then fine.

If not then the stage will be set for what inevitably comes next.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:43 am

$1:
The clash in Virginia over gun control has reached a new level,
Compared to what??
Millions of americans were slaughtered on their own land by their own country-men and 99% of north-american infrastructure was systematically reduced to rubble before canuckletardistan was even a twinkle in the king's eye.

Today, creating a public spectacle holding placards and chanting like animals is a new level, indeed!

$1:
Oh, I get it!
Leaving their homes undefended is part of the plan!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:31 pm

llama66 llama66:
The Amendment you all have misunderstood....

This is what your founding fathers meant...

No it was a spelling mistake. They meant to say bare arms, so they didn't have to work the fields in long sleeved woolen shirts.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:24 am

As I have stated in the past, I grew up in the Commonwealth of Virginia. I was not born there. My family moved there for my fathers job when I was very young. Although I was very young when I moved there, I never really felt like I fit in there. The people there did not cotton to outsiders moving into their neck of the woods, (and we were relocating from another southern state). They had their reasons for mistrusting outsiders. Carpet baggers from the north buying the place up on the cheap after the Civil War. Revenuers looking to shut down moonshining operations. I thought it was strange that there would still be so many moonshining operations after the repeal of prohibition. Apparently the people who inhabited that piece of land (Irish Scots) brought a whiskey making tradition with them from the old country. Family recipes that are hundreds of years old. Making whiskey is part of who they are. Its part of their way of life. They are not going to stop making whiskey any more than they are going to stop playing the fiddle, or flat foot dancing. As they live and breath, no OUTSIDER is going to make them stop. That last sentence is key to this discussion. I admit that I have drank my share of corn liquor while living there. Why not? Who was I hurting? I say I was helping the local community, instead of my money going to some huge distillery in KY. Last but most important is that outsiders moving into their area changes who they are, and their way of life. Just like Europeans moving into the Americas had a drastic effect on the natives way of life.

https://www.politico.com/2016-election/ ... /virginia/

That link shows a map of how Virginia voted in the last Presidential election. You see a state where the vast majority of counties are red. You see a handful of blue counties. Unfortunately those handful of blue counties are the major population centers in Virginia. Suburbs of D.C., military industrial complexes from the shipyards and vast military and federal government installations in Virginia. All those areas attract and bring outsiders to the Commonwealth. If you look at the blue county that is located to the furthest left on the map, you will see where I grew up. That is Montgomery County. One blue county surrounded by a sea of red. You see the major employer in Montgomery County is Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Also known simply as Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech brings in thousands of people from outside the Commonwealth. People who think very differently than the people who have been living there for hundreds of years. Enough people moving into the area to drastically change the way of life for the people who have long time roots there. You see the people from that area had every right to mistrust me and my family moving there. They could see the handwriting on the wall. They knew what was coming. I want to state for the record that Me and my family are NOT to blame for the change of color on the map. We are solidly in lockstep with keeping the map red. I am grateful to the Commonwealth for the education and conservative values that I received growing up there. They are a good hard working people with very strong values. I wanted to travel and see the world when I grew up, so I left. I would never do anything to try to change the way the good people of the Commonwealth of Virginia live. I think that it is a tragedy what is happening to them now.

The Commonwealth of Virginia is very old, much older than the U.S. Its people have been through a lot. The first land battle of the French and Indian war was fought by Virginians under the command of George Washington. The Commonwealth's graveyards are full of Virginians who died fighting for the Commonwealth in the French and Indian War, the American Revolution, and the Civil War. They are also full from every war that the U.S. has fought in. They are nor afraid to fight for what they believe in. They are not afraid to put some dick in the dirt, even if it happens to be their own blood relatives that they are killing. So just imagine how some latte sipping BMW driving yuppie from outside the Commonwealth is going to fare when they try to take away firearms from a people that have grown up shooting and hunting their entire life. Its NEVER going to happen. NEVER!!! The mountains and the hollers of the Commonwealth are very rugged territory. Heavily armed territory. Mistrustful of outsiders. The cops in those areas are FROM those areas. The vast number of the Virginia National Guard are from those areas. No way in hell they sell out their kinfolk and go against their pledge to defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. The first land battle of the U.S. Civil War started in Virginia. They were outnumbered than too. The first battle of the second U.S.Civil War may as well start in Virginia as well. One only has to look at the flag of the Commonwealth of Virginia to see how its people feel about government getting out of control.

Thus always to tyrants!!!