CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:03 am

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:38 am

I have relatives in the US and they can't fathom why schools are largely funded by the province, instead of the city I live in. For that reason, most schools in Alberta have similar levels of funding on a per capita basis.

Same goes for healthcare, when they come here and need care they always ask, which clinic/hospital can I go to? When I say whichever I want, they are blown away.

For all the things the US did right in the past, they do so many things wrong now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:54 am

Unlike health care, I think there is room for a dual model in Canada. I think maybe some universities could cater to international students, innovation, etc and get no or more limited subsidies. Other universities, more subsidized, could churn out your meat and potatoes nurses, engineers, teachers, etc.

I like gov't programs that stress trades. There's a lot of people who are only at uni because they think that's what they are supposed to be doing. They are not very academic and end up majoring in marketing or being an "HR Professional" (shudder).

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:24 pm

I am so sick and tired of some left wing fucktard blaming every thing under the sun on racism and a lack of money. I have several life experiences that can prove what a crock of shit this video is. Before I get into those experiences, seeing as how this is a Canadian forum......why not get Canada into the mix? Lets start off with high school graduation rates shall we?
https://bonniekgoodman.medium.com/quebe ... 74e5bf826f
Quebec has the lowest high school graduation rate in North America. Not the lowest rate in Canada. Not the lowest rate between Canada and the U.S. The lowest rate in North America. That includes the third world shithole that is Mexico. Mexico has a poverty rate of over 40%. Only 64% of public high school students graduate in Quebec. OOPS!!! Looks like someone has some splaining to do!

It can't be a lack of money. Quebec receives the lions share (and then some) of federal program funds. $11.7 billion of the total $19 billion of federal program funds. That is more than all the other Provinces combined. They have free money coming out of their asses. It can't be racism. Quebec only has 12.6% visible minority. Those numbers are dwarfed by Alberta, B.C., Manitoba, and Ontario. So what is the deal here? All that free federal money. All those privileged white people, and yet they have the lowest public high school graduation rate in all of North America.