CKA Forums
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/

World of Tanks
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/games-f22/world-of-tanks-t93062-105.html
Page 8 of 11

Author:  dino_bobba_renno [ Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World of Tanks

Scape wrote:
Large and huge maps are needed for German tanks. They were never intended to be point blank brawlers like the Russians were. That's why I went Russian after it went live. German tanks are gimped by more then just stats.


I like the all the lower tier German lines (lights, meds, tds, arty) but your right they are gimped in quite a few ways especially when your comparing them to the Russian line up (and I'm not talking just comparing stats).

I don't find that it bothers me to much though until I get into the higher tiers. One thing that really helps is the fact that you're not always fighting just Russian or just one particular tier.

I think I'm gonna branch off into the Russian line after maxing out my med tank research up to tier 6 or so. After seeing those IS's zip around and dominate the field I'm left with a bit of tank envy.

Author:  jeff744 [ Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World of Tanks

I am going to try and complete the German tree first, in comparison to the Russians their TD are just nasty though.

Author:  dino_bobba_renno [ Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World of Tanks

jeff744 wrote:
I am going to try and complete the German tree first, in comparison to the Russians their TD are just nasty though.


Ya very true. I love my Hetz and Stug. The 105 is devastating when looking at equal or lower tier enemies.

But their tanks do tend to dominate. They're fast, heavily armoured, and have powerful guns. Not to mention if there is ever a question about a Russian tank not being balanced you can guarantee it won't take long for a fix to come out. Just look at the IS3. Not so for the Germans or Americans which seem to get quickly nerfed but hardly ever buffed.

Author:  jeff744 [ Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World of Tanks

I played Russian before so I decided to switch it up a bit.

Author:  dino_bobba_renno [ Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World of Tanks

I wasn't on beta long enough to realize some of the flaws with the Germans so I basicly had the attitude that I just wanted to contine on from where I left off. I still don't mind the German tree though.

I do know what you mean about switching it up a bit. I started in on the American tree with a diferent account after I was suspended for a while because of my user name. I still really haven't tried any of the Russian line up.

Author:  jeff744 [ Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World of Tanks

Yeah, I knew about the Ruskie advantages in combat for a while but wanted to play some German for once, after I finish this tree I may go French or Russian, US tanks are just too big of targets for me.

Author:  dino_bobba_renno [ Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World of Tanks

I hear you can equip "white flags" on the French tanks XD .

I thought they would have introduced a British tree before a French one *shrugs his shoulders*. It will neat to once they do into the French line.

Author:  jeff744 [ Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World of Tanks

I think they have Japanese coming as well but they didn't have all that many types of tanks.

Author:  Scape [ Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World of Tanks

As it stands the advantage goes to the US in early tier, German mid and the Russian own the top. However, the Russians are a close 2nd everywhere else. I do miss the GW Panther and Hummel SPG's as they were cash cows and I will be getting back my Stug cuz it is sheer badass but until the firefly comes out I won't bother with the US tree. I want KV, T-34 and the SU-8 to be my mainstays alongside the M4 I have already.

French and Jap tanks sound interesting to at least try but I wait for Brit tanks. I hope clan wars are not a bust.

Author:  dino_bobba_renno [ Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World of Tanks

Scape wrote:
As it stands the advantage goes to the US in early tier, German mid and the Russian own the top. However, the Russians are a close 2nd everywhere else. I do miss the GW Panther and Hummel SPG's as they were cash cows and I will be getting back my Stug cuz it is sheer badass but until the firefly comes out I won't bother with the US tree. I want KV, T-34 and the SU-8 to be my mainstays alongside the M4 I have already.

French and Jap tanks sound interesting to at least try but I wait for Brit tanks. I hope clan wars are not a bust.


I definately want to try a KV and an IS. Mind you the KV might drive me a bit nuts with how slow it is but sinceit's built like a brick sh*#house I don't think it will matter. The IS looks fun, I just remember getting pummled by one and thinking "man I wish I had one of those".

Author:  jeff744 [ Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World of Tanks

dino_bobba_renno wrote:
Scape wrote:
As it stands the advantage goes to the US in early tier, German mid and the Russian own the top. However, the Russians are a close 2nd everywhere else. I do miss the GW Panther and Hummel SPG's as they were cash cows and I will be getting back my Stug cuz it is sheer badass but until the firefly comes out I won't bother with the US tree. I want KV, T-34 and the SU-8 to be my mainstays alongside the M4 I have already.

French and Jap tanks sound interesting to at least try but I wait for Brit tanks. I hope clan wars are not a bust.


I definately want to try a KV and an IS. Mind you the KV might drive me a bit nuts with how slow it is but sinceit's built like a brick sh*#house I don't think it will matter. The IS looks fun, I just remember getting pummled by one and thinking "man I wish I had one of those".

The IS3 is where is starts to get really fun, they are fast and pack one hell of a punch.

Author:  Scape [ Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World of Tanks

IS-4 is a pwn machine and is-7 is just so overkill it is a game breaker. The US T-32 is on par to the IS-4 and even the T-29 to a degree but the ears make it an easy mark. The German Tiger and KT are great but the apex as far as the Germans go, the Maus is overpriced and underpowered. I'm not crazy for the Soviet heavies too much I'm sure they will be fun but I found mid tier tanks to be more interesting.

Author:  jeff744 [ Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World of Tanks

The IS-7s usually blow each other up which is the good thing, makes it possible to actually kill them.

Author:  dino_bobba_renno [ Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World of Tanks

I really don't have any burning desire to go much higher than tier 8 right now. You need termendous amounts of xp and credits to get into anything over tier 7 and I've all ready broke the bank getting my Tiger. I might want to try out the KT but again I'm not in a big hurry to do so. For now I'm having fun with the lower tiers.

Author:  jeff744 [ Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World of Tanks

I play multiple tanks at a time so funds are rarely short.

Page 8 of 11 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB ©