CKA Forums
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/

Liberal, NDP disturbed by their anti-religious colleagues
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/federal-elections-f43/liberal-ndp-disturbed-by-their-anti-religious-colleagues-t105274.html
Page 1 of 3

Author:  jj2424 [ Wed May 29, 2013 8:53 am ]
Post subject:  Liberal, NDP disturbed by their anti-religious colleagues

Four federal politicians talked about the religious origins of their legislative passion at this week’s McGill University conference, titled Bridging the Secular Divide: Religion and Public Discourse (livestream available).

The NDP and Liberal politicians aired their regret that many of their own party members fail to appreciate that religious and spiritual values can play a positive role in spurring social change for the common good.

Liberal MP John McKay, NDP MP Joe Cromartin and former NDP leadership hopeful Bill Blaikie, a United Church minister, said it was discouraging to realize many of their own party members thought it was bad to bring a Christian perspective into politics.

The Liberal and NDP politicians cited the profound Christian convictions of NDP founders Tommy Douglas and J.S. Woodsworth, the Catholicism of Pierre Trudeau and Paul Martin and all made references to Martin Luther King Jr., a Baptist minister.



http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2013/05/2 ... iberal-ndp


Much of the Liberal an NDP think only Harper goes to church on Sunday.

Author:  fifeboy [ Wed May 29, 2013 9:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberal, NDP disturbed by their anti-religious colleagues

Oh my God, the Liberal and NDP are about to explode, there's disagreements on something. Where's Edvard Munch when we need him. :roll:

Author:  smorgdonkey [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberal, NDP disturbed by their anti-religious colleagues

I don't care what people believe in what God...I do care that there appears to be a mannequin in the Prime Minister position (and he won 3 F'ing elections!!! That is just alarming.).

Author:  housewife [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberal, NDP disturbed by their anti-religious colleagues

So the Liberal and the NDP were agreeing? scarry!

Don't really care about other peoples religious ideas as long as they dont bug me about it. I'm not converting even if I can't be rude to the old lady who comes to my door to save me.

Author:  OnTheIce [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberal, NDP disturbed by their anti-religious colleagues

Disturbed by people having a difference of opinion? Those who are disturbed might be disturbed themselves.

Author:  BartSimpson [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberal, NDP disturbed by their anti-religious colleagues

OnTheIce wrote:
Disturbed by people having a difference of opinion? Those who are disturbed might be disturbed themselves.


According to the devoted left anyone who disagrees with their plans for a worker's paradise must be insane. SOP for these f*ckers for over 100 years.

Author:  saturn_656 [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberal, NDP disturbed by their anti-religious colleagues

smorgdonkey wrote:
I don't care what people believe in what God...I do care that there appears to be a mannequin in the Prime Minister position (and he won 3 F'ing elections!!! That is just alarming.).


Liberals and the NDP couldn't find a leader better than the so called "mannequin".

That should alarm you even more.

Author:  Tricks [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberal, NDP disturbed by their anti-religious colleagues

Sure, why bring evidence and reason to legislation when you can bring doctrine and dogma.

Author:  BartSimpson [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberal, NDP disturbed by their anti-religious colleagues

Tricks wrote:
Sure, why bring evidence and reason to legislation when you can bring doctrine and dogma.


Why follow orders when you can just independently assess the facts and make your own decisions?

:idea:

Author:  Tricks [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberal, NDP disturbed by their anti-religious colleagues

BartSimpson wrote:
Tricks wrote:
Sure, why bring evidence and reason to legislation when you can bring doctrine and dogma.


Why follow orders when you can just independently assess the facts and make your own decisions?

:idea:

Seems to run contrary to most religions.

:idea:

Author:  BartSimpson [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberal, NDP disturbed by their anti-religious colleagues

Tricks wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Tricks wrote:
Sure, why bring evidence and reason to legislation when you can bring doctrine and dogma.


Why follow orders when you can just independently assess the facts and make your own decisions?

:idea:

Seems to run contrary to most religions.

:idea:


I'm probably going down too deep a philosophical road for this topic so I'll beg off and just say that the problem here is not people who are not religious, it's people who are anti-religious - meaning they're running a vendetta or agenda against religious people.

Parse it however you want, it's not right.

Author:  Tricks [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberal, NDP disturbed by their anti-religious colleagues

BartSimpson wrote:
I'm probably going down too deep a philosophical road for this topic so I'll beg off and just say that the problem here is not people who are not religious, it's people who are anti-religious - meaning they're running a vendetta or agenda against religious people.

Parse it however you want, it's not right.

I can't speak for others. I don't have a problem with religious people who do their thing and carry on their day. I have a problem with religious people who try to inject their faith and belief into legislation when it isn't substantiated by any evidence or reason. Believe what you want, but don't put it into public legislation.

Author:  BartSimpson [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberal, NDP disturbed by their anti-religious colleagues

Then you want religious people excluded from representative office? Hope you have an army to back that up because that's what you'll need.

Author:  Tricks [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberal, NDP disturbed by their anti-religious colleagues

BartSimpson wrote:
Then you want religious people excluded from representative office? Hope you have an army to back that up because that's what you'll need.

Nope, I want religion to be out of office, not the people who believe it. So did your Founding Fathers.

Author:  BartSimpson [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberal, NDP disturbed by their anti-religious colleagues

Tricks wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Then you want religious people excluded from representative office? Hope you have an army to back that up because that's what you'll need.

Nope, I want religion to be out of office, not the people who believe it. So did your Founding Fathers.


They never proposed taking the religion out of the office holders nor did any of them propose excluding religion from the public dialogue.

The government was designed to be a secular government for a religious nation and the idea was that the power of government would be held in check by the convictions of the men running it.

Men without convictions know no limits to their behavior aside only from that which they impose on themselves and that rarely ends well.

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB ©