CKA Forums
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/

711 million email addresses ensnared in "largest" spambot
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/current-events-f59/711-million-email-addresses-ensnared-in-largest-spambot-t119793.html
Page 1 of 3

Author:  Newsbot [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:01 am ]
Post subject:  711 million email addresses ensnared in "largest" spambot

Title: 711 million email addresses ensnared in "largest" spambot
Category: Tech
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2017-08-30 06:58:51
Canadian

Author:  DrCaleb [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:01 am ]
Post subject: 

This article doesn't like being opened in a frame. :( Go here:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/onliner-sp ... -millions/

And to see if your email/password has been compromised, go here:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Author:  BRAH [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 711 million email addresses ensnared in

Two old yahoo email addresses might have been pwned, current passwords are fine. My air-gap email address (it's not used on any mobile devices) I use for financial transactions etc is safe.

Author:  DrCaleb [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 711 million email addresses ensnared in

Oddly, both of my business addresses were in there. I don't give those out.

I can only guess someone had me in their address book on their phone, and downloaded an app that slurped up their contact list without asking. Uber, for example, is bad for that sort of thing.

Author:  xerxes [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 711 million email addresses ensnared in

Oh good I'm safe...this time. Even my old hotmaip account which I use for sketchy websites.

Author:  housewife [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 711 million email addresses ensnared in

So in small words for the slow people in the class. What is pwn

Author:  Strutz [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re:

DrCaleb wrote:
This article doesn't like being opened in a frame. :( Go here:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/onliner-sp ... -millions/

And to see if your email/password has been compromised, go here:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Both of my email usernames are fine but my username in here comes up as pwned.

Author:  DrCaleb [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 711 million email addresses ensnared in

housewife wrote:
So in small words for the slow people in the class. What is pwn


A computer culture misspelling of the word 'own'. p -> o, the keys are side by side. You have been 'owned' (or pwned) is a term meaning someone else now controls some virtual item that you used to. They own the virtual you.

Author:  DrCaleb [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

Strutz wrote:
Both of my email usernames are fine but my username in here comes up as pwned.


Are you sure it's here? Did you use that username somewhere else? Is it someone else with the same username?

My usernames on different sites all check out as unpowned. ;)

Author:  Strutz [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

DrCaleb wrote:
Strutz wrote:
Both of my email usernames are fine but my username in here comes up as pwned.


Are you sure it's here? Did you use that username somewhere else? Is it someone else with the same username?

My usernames on different sites all check out as unpowned. ;)

No I don't use that username anywhere else.

I guess someone else out there in cyberland might use Strutz but I randomly tried other usernames from this site and they came up pwned. Coincidence?

Author:  DrCaleb [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

Strutz wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
Strutz wrote:
Both of my email usernames are fine but my username in here comes up as pwned.


Are you sure it's here? Did you use that username somewhere else? Is it someone else with the same username?

My usernames on different sites all check out as unpowned. ;)

No I don't use that username anywhere else.

I guess someone else out there in cyberland might use Strutz but I randomly tried other usernames from this site and they came up pwned. Coincidence?


Can't say. I tried my username(s) here, and they came up as not pwned.

Author:  BRAH [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 711 million email addresses ensnared in

Strutz wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
This article doesn't like being opened in a frame. :( Go here:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/onliner-sp ... -millions/

And to see if your email/password has been compromised, go here:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Both of my email usernames are fine but my username in here comes up as pwned.

After your post I re-checked and my user name shows up. Yours like mine could be used by other people on other websites which explains why they show up.


xerxes wrote:
Oh good I'm safe...this time. Even my old hotmaip account which I use for sketchy websites.

You're a Pornhub member too? :mrgreen:

Author:  Public_Domain [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 711 million email addresses ensnared in

Heh, my old "mr.canada" email is pretty fucked, 5 hacks including the "Anti Public" list.

Current email got picked up in a Nexus Mods breach as well as some forum. I don't use same passwords so hopefully any breach in my life would be mitigated.

Author:  raydan [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 711 million email addresses ensnared in

My email is OK but raydan is powned. :(

Never used it as a password though and this is the only place I use raydan. I do know that other people use it as a username on other sites.

Author:  Thanos [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 711 million email addresses ensnared in

BRAH wrote:
You're a Pornhub member too? :mrgreen:


As long as my Reality Kings and Naughty America accounts are safe then I'm happy. [drool]

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB ©