CKA Forums
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/

Trudeau denies report his office pressured attorney general
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/current-events-f59/trudeau-denies-report-his-office-pressured-attorney-general-t122514-15.html
Page 2 of 6

Author:  martin14 [ Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Trudeau denies report his office pressured attorney general

Thanos wrote:
Justin Trudeau - learned how to polarize the country from his father and apparently learned his political ethics & morals from Jean Chretien his mother


FTFY. :lol:

Author:  PublicAnimalNo9 [ Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Trudeau denies report his office pressured attorney general

Things I trust more than Groper:

-A hunting expedition with Dick Cheney.
-Swimming along the south coast of BC with my mouth open.
-Flint tap water.
-Unprotected sex with Pamela Anderson.
-Doing business with SNC-Lavalin.
-A cross country flight in one of our Sea Kings.
-Buying subs from the Brits.
-Long expired dairy products.
-A phone call from "Windows technical support".

Author:  llama66 [ Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Trudeau denies report his office pressured attorney general

I trust a dinner invitation from Hannibal lector more Trudeau

Author:  BeaverFever [ Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Trudeau denies report his office pressured attorney general

Freakinoldguy wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
I wouldn’t be surprised if these allegations were true but let’s remember SNC made donations to both liberal and conservative parties, all which had to be reimbursed when the scam came to light 8 years ago. And

the executive behind the scheme at SNC was appointed by STEPHEN HARPER to the board of the Port of Montreal.

So Let’s not conflate this with some “quid-pro-quo” for a failed contribution attempt almost a decade ago before most of the current leadership was even around.

SNC Lavalin is like Boeing in the US it’s a giant government contracting corporation that throws its weight around on both parties and bureaucracy insiders. It’s also a serial offender whern it comes to sketchy/illicit government dealings at home and abroad.




Yes they did but, the only problem was that comparison is that their "donations" to the conservatives were to the now defunct Progressive Conservative Party of Canada, another party with ties to Quebec and led by yet another Quebec politician. The rest of the time the majority of their donations were to the Liberal Party of Canada and various other Liberal entities both provincial and personal.

So when you look at the list, they've been "donating" to the Liberals like Trudeau hands out tax dollars to 3rd world countries.

https://special.nationalpost.com/follow ... y/database

I can't help but wonder if the Board of Directors at SNC Lavalin includes names like Icepick, Big Tuna and Jackie the Nose?



1) Donations we made from 2004 to 2011 and donations were paid to, and reimbured by, the Conservative Party of Canada including donations made whil Harper was PM

2) The Progressive Conservative Party is not “defunct”. It merged with the Canadian Alliance party to form the current Conservative Party. Its members are now members of the Conservative Party of Canada.

Author:  Freakinoldguy [ Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trudeau denies report his office pressured attorney general

BeaverFever wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
I wouldn’t be surprised if these allegations were true but let’s remember SNC made donations to both liberal and conservative parties, all which had to be reimbursed when the scam came to light 8 years ago. And

the executive behind the scheme at SNC was appointed by STEPHEN HARPER to the board of the Port of Montreal.

So Let’s not conflate this with some “quid-pro-quo” for a failed contribution attempt almost a decade ago before most of the current leadership was even around.

SNC Lavalin is like Boeing in the US it’s a giant government contracting corporation that throws its weight around on both parties and bureaucracy insiders. It’s also a serial offender whern it comes to sketchy/illicit government dealings at home and abroad.




Yes they did but, the only problem was that comparison is that their "donations" to the conservatives were to the now defunct Progressive Conservative Party of Canada, another party with ties to Quebec and led by yet another Quebec politician. The rest of the time the majority of their donations were to the Liberal Party of Canada and various other Liberal entities both provincial and personal.

So when you look at the list, they've been "donating" to the Liberals like Trudeau hands out tax dollars to 3rd world countries.

https://special.nationalpost.com/follow ... y/database

I can't help but wonder if the Board of Directors at SNC Lavalin includes names like Icepick, Big Tuna and Jackie the Nose?



1) Donations we made from 2004 to 2011 and donations were paid to, and reimbured by, the Conservative Party of Canada including donations made whil Harper was PM

2) The Progressive Conservative Party is not “defunct”. It merged with the Canadian Alliance party to form the current Conservative Party. Its members are now members of the Conservative Party of Canada.


So you're saying the Conservative Party of Canada returned all donations and If so why didn't the Liberals?

Semantics but you're right. I should have said defunct in Federal politics because the only progressive conservatives left are in provincial politics. But despite the same name there is a distinct difference between the provincial and federal political parties as I've been told numerous times on this forum.

Quote:
The party suffered a decade-long decline following the 1993 federal election and formally dissolved on 7 December 2003, when it merged with the Canadian Alliance to form the modern-day Conservative Party of Canada. The last meeting of the Progressive Conservative federal caucus was held in early 2004.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressi ... da#History


You can say that since they amalgamated with the Canadian Alliance Party or Reform Party they still exist but since neither the PC's nor Reform/Alliance party exists federally anymore they're technically defunct in federal politics.

Author:  CDN_PATRIOT [ Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trudeau denies report his office pressured attorney general

BeaverFever wrote:
the executive behind the scheme at SNC was appointed by STEPHEN HARPER to the board of the Port of Montreal.


That's always your whole argument, isn't it? Someone posts something negative about the Liberals, something that is actually true and is currently in the news, and you don't just deny it, oh no.

You lock yourself in that tiny little box you live in, have yourself a good tantrum, then come back out shouting, "BUT HARPER STARTED IT!" or "HARPER DID IT FIRST!" or "IT WAS ALL BECAUSE OF HARPER!!"

Are you that brainwashed by the Liberal machine that you can't see the facts that are clear as day? Is your intelligence so low that you can't form you own conclusion, but need to repeat party rhetoric and slogans?

I used to support the federal Conservatives, and there were some things they did by themselves that was a mistake at some point or another. I have acknowledged this at one point or another. I even have friends that are staunch supporters of the Liberals, and even they scratch their heads lately. Hell, most of my family are Liberals, and they are starting to question Trudeau and his people.

You never seem to question ANYTHING of consequence. If Trudeau or the Liberal party as a whole jumped off a cliff, you'd follow them without question, and that is SAD. You claim other people here are partisan hacks, yet you are the personification of everything partisan, and everything that is wrong with the way this nation is right now. You have become the poster boy for what ails Canada, and yet you can't see this.

I feel sorry for you. Clearly, you are lost and need help.


-J.

Author:  BeaverFever [ Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trudeau denies report his office pressured attorney general

CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
the executive behind the scheme at SNC was appointed by STEPHEN HARPER to the board of the Port of Montreal.


That's always your whole argument, isn't it? Someone posts something negative about the Liberals, something that is actually true and is currently in the news, and you don't just deny it, oh no.

You lock yourself in that tiny little box you live in, have yourself a good tantrum, then come back out shouting, "BUT HARPER STARTED IT!" or "HARPER DID IT FIRST!" or "IT WAS ALL BECAUSE OF HARPER!!"

Are you that brainwashed by the Liberal machine that you can't see the facts that are clear as day? Is your intelligence so low that you can't form you own conclusion, but need to repeat party rhetoric and slogans?

I used to support the federal Conservatives, and there were some things they did by themselves that was a mistake at some point or another. I have acknowledged this at one point or another. I even have friends that are staunch supporters of the Liberals, and even they scratch their heads lately. Hell, most of my family are Liberals, and they are starting to question Trudeau and his people.

You never seem to question ANYTHING of consequence. If Trudeau or the Liberal party as a whole jumped off a cliff, you'd follow them without question, and that is SAD. You claim other people here are partisan hacks, yet you are the personification of everything partisan, and everything that is wrong with the way this nation is right now. You have become the poster boy for what ails Canada, and yet you can't see this.

I feel sorry for you. Clearly, you are lost and need help.


-J.

I didn’t say anything of the sort. If you weren’t so simple-minded you might catch on to that. Once again your inability to exercise basic reading comprehension has failed you.

On a separate note, congratulations for writing a post that contains more than one sentence, it’s a big step forward for you. Keep up the hard work!

Author:  PublicAnimalNo9 [ Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Trudeau denies report his office pressured attorney general

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
Well, if the Liberals block any investigation into this, they'll basically confirm Goober's guilt. It'll be pretty damn difficult to come away with any other conclusion.

Called it! Liberals move to block SNC-Lavalin investigation. At this point, Groper might as well jump up and down shouting his guilt.

Author:  Freakinoldguy [ Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trudeau denies report his office pressured attorney general

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
Well, if the Liberals block any investigation into this, they'll basically confirm Goober's guilt. It'll be pretty damn difficult to come away with any other conclusion.

Called it! Liberals move to block SNC-Lavalin investigation. At this point, Groper might as well jump up and down shouting his guilt.


You forgot the link. :wink:

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federa ... ffair.html

Anybody remember this promise?


Quote:
THE LIBERAL PARTY HAS A SOLUTION.
Our plan is a sweeping agenda for change. It is an agenda that will allow us to modernize how the Canadian government works, so that it better reflects the values and expectations of Canadians.

At its heart is a simple idea: transparent government is good government. If we want Canadians to trust their government, we need a government that trusts Canadians.


https://www.liberal.ca/openness-and-transparency/

Apparently given their less than ethical and possibly illegal action, they've just admitted that they're not a good gov't?

Author:  BeaverFever [ Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trudeau denies report his office pressured attorney general

Freakinoldguy wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:


1) Donations we made from 2004 to 2011 and donations were paid to, and reimbured by, the Conservative Party of Canada including donations made whil Harper was PM

2) The Progressive Conservative Party is not “defunct”. It merged with the Canadian Alliance party to form the current Conservative Party. Its members are now members of the Conservative Party of Canada.


So you're saying the Conservative Party of Canada returned all donations and If so why didn't the Liberals?

Semantics but you're right. I should have said defunct in Federal politics because the only progressive conservatives left are in provincial politics. But despite the same name there is a distinct difference between the provincial and federal political parties as I've been told numerous times on this forum.

Quote:
The party suffered a decade-long decline following the 1993 federal election and formally dissolved on 7 December 2003, when it merged with the Canadian Alliance to form the modern-day Conservative Party of Canada. The last meeting of the Progressive Conservative federal caucus was held in early 2004.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressi ... da#History


You can say that since they amalgamated with the Canadian Alliance Party or Reform Party they still exist but since neither the PC's nor Reform/Alliance party exists federally anymore they're technically defunct in federal politics.


TO BE CLEAR: Both the Liberals and Conservatives returned the donations at the time of the scandal, ca. 2011-2012

Current scandal not related to old scandal, except that SNC is a serial offender

Author:  Freakinoldguy [ Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trudeau denies report his office pressured attorney general

BeaverFever wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:


1) Donations we made from 2004 to 2011 and donations were paid to, and reimbured by, the Conservative Party of Canada including donations made whil Harper was PM

2) The Progressive Conservative Party is not “defunct”. It merged with the Canadian Alliance party to form the current Conservative Party. Its members are now members of the Conservative Party of Canada.


So you're saying the Conservative Party of Canada returned all donations and If so why didn't the Liberals?

Semantics but you're right. I should have said defunct in Federal politics because the only progressive conservatives left are in provincial politics. But despite the same name there is a distinct difference between the provincial and federal political parties as I've been told numerous times on this forum.

Quote:
The party suffered a decade-long decline following the 1993 federal election and formally dissolved on 7 December 2003, when it merged with the Canadian Alliance to form the modern-day Conservative Party of Canada. The last meeting of the Progressive Conservative federal caucus was held in early 2004.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressi ... da#History


You can say that since they amalgamated with the Canadian Alliance Party or Reform Party they still exist but since neither the PC's nor Reform/Alliance party exists federally anymore they're technically defunct in federal politics.


TO BE CLEAR: Both the Liberals and Conservatives returned the donations at the time of the scandal, ca. 2011-2012

Current scandal not related to old scandal, except that SNC is a serial offender


Good on them. Now all we have to do is get to the bottom of the SNC Lavalin affair and figure out whey the Liberals are going to such lengths to stymie any investigation into whatever the hell it was SNC Lavalin did.

Author:  BeaverFever [ Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trudeau denies report his office pressured attorney general

FOR THE RECORD: The investigation into SNC wrongdoing was long over years ago, when SNC admitted to paying bribes to Qadaffi to get a lucrative contract in Libya. This is about alleged attempts to prevent the PROSECUTION for SNCs admitted violation of Canadian laws against bribing foreign governments. :

FACT: SNC extensively lobbied various government officials asking for leniency and a “no-fault” settlement that would avoid prosecution or guilty plea (as would be expected of any party under prosecution)

FACT: Officials from PMO confirm they met with the Minister of Justice to discuss the case.

FACT: SNC is not getting any deal and is in fact being fully prosecuted.

FACT: The Justice Minister of the time is now the Minister of Veterans Affairs, widely considered to be a more junior position

ALLEGATION: According to “anonymous sources” unnamed person or persons in the PMO tried to “pressure” the Justice Minister to in turn pressure her prosecutors to cut an easy no-fault deal and not prosecute them. No deal was cut and therefore it’s ALLEGED that’s why the Justice Minister was moved to a more junior cabinet position in the latest shuffle

QUESTIONS: what specifically was discussed in those meetings? What does “pressured” mean - is it only Stated or implied threats, or does it include polite requests that she’s free to refuse? Was she instructed or politely asked to do anything?

These questions need answers.

But so much for the righties claims that the mainstream media works for Trudeau eh?
So much for the righties claim that the MSM invented the use of “anonymous sources “ just to get Trump eh?
So much for righties claims that “media shouldn’t report stories from anonymous sources” eh?
So much for “the media shouldn’t report allegations against someone until after they’ve been convicted” eh?

ROTFL


Like I said earlier I wouldn’t be surprised if it were at least partially true given how influential SNC has been, and the fact that as a sane person I believe the MSM to be generally credible when breaking big stories like this, especially G&M, which broke the story. But I have to laugh at how all the righties completely contadict themselves on what is and isn’t believable.

Author:  PluggyRug [ Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trudeau denies report his office pressured attorney general

BeaverFever wrote:
FOR THE RECORD: The investigation into SNC wrongdoing was long over years ago, when SNC admitted to paying bribes to Qadaffi to get a lucrative contract in Libya. This is about alleged attempts to prevent the PROSECUTION for SNCs admitted violation of Canadian laws against bribing foreign governments. :

FACT: SNC extensively lobbied various government officials asking for leniency and a “no-fault” settlement that would avoid prosecution or guilty plea (as would be expected of any party under prosecution)

FACT: Officials from PMO confirm they met with the Minister of Justice to discuss the case.

FACT: SNC is not getting any deal and is in fact being fully prosecuted.

FACT: The Justice Minister of the time is now the Minister of Veterans Affairs, widely considered to be a more junior position

ALLEGATION: According to “anonymous sources” unnamed person or persons in the PMO tried to “pressure” the Justice Minister to in turn pressure her prosecutors to cut an easy no-fault deal and not prosecute them. No deal was cut and therefore it’s ALLEGED that’s why the Justice Minister was moved to a more junior cabinet position in the latest shuffle

QUESTIONS: what specifically was discussed in those meetings? What does “pressured” mean - is it only Stated or implied threats, or does it include polite requests that she’s free to refuse? Was she instructed or politely asked to do anything?

These questions need answers.

But so much for the righties claims that the mainstream media works for Trudeau eh?
So much for the righties claim that the MSM invented the use of “anonymous sources “ just to get Trump eh?
So much for righties claims that “media shouldn’t report stories from anonymous sources” eh?
So much for “the media shouldn’t report allegations against someone until after they’ve been convicted” eh?

ROTFL


Like I said earlier [b[I wouldn’t be surprised if it were at least partially true[/b] given how influential SNC has been, and the fact that as a sane person I believe the MSM to be generally credible when breaking big stories like this, especially G&M, which broke the story. But I have to laugh at how all the righties completely contadict themselves on what is and isn’t believable.


It seems that you and your Liberal friends are unfamiliar with the concept of "when you're in a hole stop digging".

Author:  BeaverFever [ Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trudeau denies report his office pressured attorney general

How am I digging a hole, exactly?

Author:  DrCaleb [ Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Trudeau denies report his office pressured attorney general

BeaverFever wrote:
2) The Progressive Conservative Party is not “defunct”. It merged with the Canadian Alliance party to form the current Conservative Party. Its members are now members of the Conservative Party of Canada.


The values on which PCs were platformed were not carried over to the new parties.

Remember the "Big Tent"? "Red" Tories? "Blue" Tories? Individualism? Noblesse oblige? The CPC is none of these things.

And 'tory' is from an Irish (?) word for 'rebel'. Are the CPC 'rebels'? No. Yet people still call the CPC 'Tories'.

Page 2 of 6 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB ©