CKA Forums
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/

Liberals propose changes to citizenship oath to respect Indi
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/current-events-f59/liberals-propose-changes-to-citizenship-oath-to-respect-indi-t122985.html
Page 1 of 3

Author:  Newsbot [ Tue May 28, 2019 1:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Liberals propose changes to citizenship oath to respect Indi

Title: Liberals propose changes to citizenship oath to respect Indigenous rights Social Sharing
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-05-28 13:25:20
Canadian

Author:  llama66 [ Tue May 28, 2019 1:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

Its the government's responsibility to recognize and honour treaty rights, not individual citizens. This SJW horseshit is becoming tiresome.

Author:  Thanos [ Tue May 28, 2019 1:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberals propose changes to citizenship oath to respect Indi

At this stage of the game it's time to admit that Trudeau is as much of a maniac as someone like Trump is.

Author:  Dragontail69 [ Tue May 28, 2019 6:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

FUCK YOU - No Indigenous rights, abolish them now.

Author:  BeaverFever [ Tue May 28, 2019 7:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

Dragontail69 wrote:
FUCK YOU - No Indigenous rights, abolish them now.

^ Oh look! It’s the teenage idiot again

Author:  BeaverFever [ Tue May 28, 2019 7:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

llama66 wrote:
Its the government's responsibility to recognize and honour treaty rights, not individual citizens. This SJW horseshit is becoming tiresome.


The new oath doesn’t require citizens to recognize and honour treaty rights.

Old version: ”...I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen.”

New version: “ ...I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada, including the Constitution, which recognizes and affirms the Aboriginal and treaty rights of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples, and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen."

Oh the horror.

Author:  raydan [ Tue May 28, 2019 7:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

BeaverFever wrote:
Dragontail69 wrote:
FUCK YOU - No Indigenous rights, abolish them now.

^ Oh look! It’s the teenage idiot again

Every village has one.

Author:  martin14 [ Tue May 28, 2019 9:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberals propose changes to citizenship oath to respect Indi

Thanos wrote:
At this stage of the game it's time to admit that Trudeau is as much of a maniac as someone like Trump is.



OK.
You are right. :lol:

Author:  llama66 [ Tue May 28, 2019 9:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

BeaverFever wrote:
llama66 wrote:
Its the government's responsibility to recognize and honour treaty rights, not individual citizens. This SJW horseshit is becoming tiresome.


The new oath doesn’t require citizens to recognize and honour treaty rights.

Old version: ”...I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen.”

New version: “ ...I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada, including the Constitution, which recognizes and affirms the Aboriginal and treaty rights of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples, and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen."

Oh the horror.

Why change it at all? Why mention it at all? Treaties and rights enforcement are the responsibilities of sovereign nations. It's a waste of time, time that could be spent tackling issues that actually affect Canadians.

Author:  Thanos [ Tue May 28, 2019 9:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberals propose changes to citizenship oath to respect Indi

Not too far away from making any non-Native a second-class citizen. Like what it the expectation here, any immigrant encountering a Native is supposed to fall to their knees and start genuflecting due to ethnic superiority and primacy?

Good thing the details of the article said that the bill is unlikely to pass because it's too close to Parliament ending for the upcoming election. This sort of thing is ridiculously dangerous as to how it can be interpreted, given how insane too many Canadian court decisions and human "rights" tribunal edicts have been for so many years. Hi, Canada, wouldn't you too like to be another merry psycho-ethnostate where rights and obligations are determined by a racial hierarchy?

Author:  martin14 [ Tue May 28, 2019 9:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

llama66 wrote:
Why change it at all?


Because the lefties just love their racism, they want it everywhere
they can get it.

Author:  BeaverFever [ Tue May 28, 2019 9:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

llama66 wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
llama66 wrote:
Its the government's responsibility to recognize and honour treaty rights, not individual citizens. This SJW horseshit is becoming tiresome.


The new oath doesn’t require citizens to recognize and honour treaty rights.

Old version: ”...I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen.”

New version: “ ...I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada, including the Constitution, which recognizes and affirms the Aboriginal and treaty rights of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples, and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen."

Oh the horror.

Why change it at all? Why mention it at all? Treaties and rights enforcement are the responsibilities of sovereign nations. It's a waste of time, time that could be spent tackling issues that actually affect Canadians.


I repeat: The new oath doesn’t require citizens to recognize and honour treaty rights.

The new oath simply adds the constitution. And then it says the constitution recognizes and affirms the rights of FN. The CONSTITUTION, not the person taking the oath.

The waste of time argument is itself a waste of time. The old “why are they filling potholes instead of working on World Peace” fallacy. Government is expected to work on many issues at once, some critically important and others not. Besides I doubt this took that much time.

Author:  BeaverFever [ Tue May 28, 2019 9:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberals propose changes to citizenship oath to respect Indi

Thanos wrote:
Not too far away from making any non-Native a second-class citizen. Like what it the expectation here, any immigrant encountering a Native is supposed to fall to their knees and start genuflecting due to ethnic superiority and primacy?

Good thing the details of the article said that the bill is unlikely to pass because it's too close to Parliament ending for the upcoming election. This sort of thing is ridiculously dangerous as to how it can be interpreted, given how insane too many Canadian court decisions and human "rights" tribunal edicts have been for so many years. Hi, Canada, wouldn't you too like to be another merry psycho-ethnostate where rights and obligations are determined by a racial hierarchy?



Yes those natives have it so good they are so rich and powerful

God forbid they’re actually acknowledged as existing

/sarcasm

Author:  Freakinoldguy [ Tue May 28, 2019 10:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

BeaverFever wrote:

I repeat: The new oath doesn’t require citizens to recognize and honour treaty rights.

The new oath simply adds the constitution. And then it says the constitution recognizes and affirms the rights of FN. The CONSTITUTION, not the person taking the oath.

The waste of time argument is itself a waste of time. The old “why are they filling potholes instead of working on World Peace” fallacy. Government is expected to work on many issues at once, some critically important and others not. Besides I doubt this took that much time.


Of course it didn't take much time since they just cherry picked the part of the Constitution that refers to the natives and ignored the rest of it.

So please explain to me why it was specifically necessary to put "recognizes and affirms the Aboriginal and treaty rights of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples" in the oath instead of "civil rights and liberties of every citizen in Canada, such as freedom of expression, of religion, and of mobility"?

I'm sorry but this is nothing more than the Liberal party once again playing for votes because everyone else can see it for what it really is. A not so subtle attempt to give the appearance that Native Rights trump all others in the constitution.

Author:  Thanos [ Tue May 28, 2019 10:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Liberals propose changes to citizenship oath to respect Indi

Isn't special status/extra rights based on racial considerations, like, bad or something? :?

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB ©