CKA Forums
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/

N.B. town overrun by deer considers cull, birth control
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/current-events-f59/n-b-town-overrun-by-deer-considers-cull-birth-control-t123030.html
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Newsbot [ Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:10 pm ]
Post subject:  N.B. town overrun by deer considers cull, birth control

Title: N.B. town overrun by deer considers cull, birth control
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2019-06-09 17:06:08
Canadian

Author:  Strutz [ Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

Birth control for wild animals? Waste of time and money IMO.

If they're going to go the cull route then they might as well have a town BBQ.

Author:  fifeboy [ Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: N.B. town overrun by deer considers cull, birth control

They do this in the States quite often. There are companies that will come in, bait the deer and shoot them after dark with silenced rifles. They have butchers standing by to prep the meat for local food banks and charity kitchens. One town, in NJ apparently had a problem but the PETA folks kept stopping them, then a young mother was killed by a deer hit by another car and tossed through her windscreen. Apparently that changed peoples minds. The important thing, apparently, is to do it at night, with silenced rifles and have it all cleaned up by daylight.

Author:  Thanos [ Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: N.B. town overrun by deer considers cull, birth control

Pest animal. Good eatin'. Yadda yadda yadda. Venison sausages back on the menu? wOOt! [drool]

Author:  DrCaleb [ Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: N.B. town overrun by deer considers cull, birth control

Thanos wrote:
Pest animal. Good eatin'. Yadda yadda yadda. Venison sausages back on the menu? wOOt! [drool]


Venison pepperettes are [drool]



Or, they could just bring back Coyotes instead of screwing around with nature.

Author:  BartSimpson [ Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: N.B. town overrun by deer considers cull, birth control

DrCaleb wrote:
Thanos wrote:
Pest animal. Good eatin'. Yadda yadda yadda. Venison sausages back on the menu? wOOt! [drool]


Venison pepperettes are [drool]



Or, they could just bring back Coyotes instead of screwing around with nature.


You don't have to 'bring back' coyotes. They come back on their own.

Author:  DrCaleb [ Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: N.B. town overrun by deer considers cull, birth control

BartSimpson wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
Thanos wrote:
Pest animal. Good eatin'. Yadda yadda yadda. Venison sausages back on the menu? wOOt! [drool]


Venison pepperettes are [drool]



Or, they could just bring back Coyotes instead of screwing around with nature.


You don't have to 'bring back' coyotes. They come back on their own.


Coyotes are adapting to the urban environment, and many people fear for their pets safety as Coyotes discover this new source of delicious snacking. :twisted:

Coyotes in NB were also re-introduced about 50 years ago, after being nearly wiped out. That trend has to continue if they want the deer population to decrease.

Author:  BartSimpson [ Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: N.B. town overrun by deer considers cull, birth control

Yup, we've had the coyotes cleaning out the local cat population (domestic and feral) and I am not complaining in the least because we're seeing songbirds again!!! R=UP

Author:  DrCaleb [ Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: N.B. town overrun by deer considers cull, birth control

Two reasons why my kittie is indoor only. :)

Author:  stratos [ Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: N.B. town overrun by deer considers cull, birth control

Bambi is sending his minions in to cause havoc he has not forgotten that his mom was shot.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB ©