CKA Forums
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sued over blocking people on Twitte
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/current-events-f59/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-sued-over-blocking-people-on-twitte-t123130.html
Page 1 of 3

Author:  Newsbot [ Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sued over blocking people on Twitte

Title: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sued over blocking people on Twitter
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-07-11 15:39:36

Author:  N_Fiddledog [ Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

In fact let's be crystal-clear what this idiot tweeted because BBC bafflegabs it a bit.

Attachments:
AOC's a moron.JPG
AOC's a moron.JPG [ 44.99 KiB | Viewed 300 times ]

Author:  N_Fiddledog [ Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sued over blocking people on Twitte

See because some judge recently decreed this is the law:

Quote:
"The First Amendment does not permit a public official who utilises a social media account for all manner of official purposes to exclude persons from an otherwise‐open online dialogue because they expressed views with which the official disagrees,"


Very well, why does disagreeing with the above not apply then? It's not like the guy was just being nasty for nasty's sake. That AOC comment is worthy of some intelligent critique.

Author:  Tricks [ Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sued over blocking people on Twitte

Seems pretty simple. If it's used for some sort of official communication, can't block people. Trump can't and neither can she.

Author:  N_Fiddledog [ Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sued over blocking people on Twitte

Ezra wishes we had a first amendment guaranteeing free speech in Canada.

What he calls "the censorius thugs of Pakistan" are glad we don't:



Interesting question though. If Pakistan censors an American in America like they did to Ezra in Canada, who would the American sue? Pakistan or Twitter?

Author:  xerxes [ Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sued over blocking people on Twitte

N_Fiddledog wrote:
See because some judge recently decreed this is the law:

Quote:
"The First Amendment does not permit a public official who utilises a social media account for all manner of official purposes to exclude persons from an otherwise‐open online dialogue because they expressed views with which the official disagrees,"


Very well, why does disagreeing with the above not apply then? It's not like the guy was just being nasty for nasty's sake. That AOC comment is worthy of some intelligent critique.


I’m going to venture a guess that she doesn’t get a lot of intellectual critiques via Twitter. Hence the blocks.

Author:  BeaverFever [ Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sued over blocking people on Twitte

Given vulgarity of the Trump Internet trolls she will probably still be allowed to block most of them due to abuse.

Author:  BeaverFever [ Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sued over blocking people on Twitte

N_Fiddledog wrote:
Ezra wishes we had a first amendment guaranteeing free speech in Canada.

What he calls "the censorius thugs of Pakistan" are glad we don't:



Interesting question though. If Pakistan censors an American in America like they did to Ezra in Canada, who would the American sue? Pakistan or Twitter?



Pakistan is not under obligation to abide by the US constitution. Americans (and Ezra) have no right of access to public officials of foreign countries.

Author:  PublicAnimalNo9 [ Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sued over blocking people on Twitte

BeaverFever wrote:
Given vulgarity of the Trump Internet trolls she will probably still be allowed to block most of them due to abuse.
Please, just stop. Nobody is buying your faux morality shtick anymore. Given the vulgarity of the ALT-left red fascist dickheads, Trump should be allowed to block them due to abuse, but he can't.

You know what I find thoroughly disgusting about the ALT-left red fascist dickheads? They don't care who they get vulgar with or threaten.
And 8 yr old girl did a hilarious send-up of AOC and it was posted on youtube. Now, the same group of feckless xxxxx who laughed and cheered as a fat, washed-up Baldwin parodied Trump on Saturday Night Snore ad nauseum, have actually sent death threats to an 8 year old girl!!!. They also doxxed her family.

Pretty fucking sick group of people who would threaten an 8 yr kid. But at least they're not vulgar. Oh wait...

Author:  BeaverFever [ Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sued over blocking people on Twitte

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
Given vulgarity of the Trump Internet trolls she will probably still be allowed to block most of them due to abuse.
Please, just stop. Nobody is buying your faux morality shtick anymore. Given the vulgarity of the ALT-left red fascist dickheads, Trump should be allowed to block them due to abuse, but he can't.

You know what I find thoroughly disgusting about the ALT-left red fascist dickheads? They don't care who they get vulgar with or threaten.
And 8 yr old girl did a hilarious send-up of AOC and it was posted on youtube. Now, the same group of feckless xxxxx who laughed and cheered as a fat, washed-up Baldwin parodied Trump on Saturday Night Snore ad nauseum, have actually sent death threats to an 8 year old girl!!!. They also doxxed her family.

Pretty fucking sick group of people who would threaten an 8 yr kid. But at least they're not vulgar. Oh wait...

A handful of extremists on the outer fringe of the left behave like the standard dead-centre typical Trump supporter.

Author:  stratos [ Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sued over blocking people on Twitte

Quote:

A handful of extremists on the outer fringe of the left behave like the standard dead-centre typical Trump supporter.


So says the alt-left guy who does all he can to constantly turn any topic into an anti-trump, anti-right spew fest. You will even refuse to condem Muslim rapist and attempt to deflect the topic by trying to point out that Christians, White Males, and any other segment you despise do the same thing. While rightly condemning these POS's yet bending over backwards to not condemning Muslims leaders and grooming groups for the same thing. Very weak argument considering your stance on anything not Center Left to Far Left.

Funny you consider Far Right to be Center Right. Very revealing of how you think or in a sense don't think.

Author:  BartSimpson [ Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sued over blocking people on Twitte

BeaverFever wrote:
Pakistan is not under obligation to abide by the US constitution. Americans (and Ezra) have no right of access to public officials of foreign countries.


We do when they're in the USA at a public forum event.

Author:  BartSimpson [ Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sued over blocking people on Twitte

BeaverFever wrote:
A handful of extremists on the outer fringe of the left behave like the standard dead-centre typical Trump supporter.


Case in point :arrow: You.

Author:  Martin15 [ Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sued over blocking people on Twitte

stratos wrote:
Quote:

A handful of extremists on the outer fringe of the left behave like the standard dead-centre typical Trump supporter.


So says the alt-left guy who does all he can to constantly turn any topic into an anti-trump, anti-right spew fest. You will even refuse to condem Muslim rapist and attempt to deflect the topic by trying to point out that Christians, White Males, and any other segment you despise do the same thing. While rightly condemning these POS's yet bending over backwards to not condemning Muslims leaders and grooming groups for the same thing. Very weak argument considering your stance on anything not Center Left to Far Left.

Funny you consider Far Right to be Center Right. Very revealing of how you think or in a sense don't think.




Someone give this man a +5 !

Author:  Tricks [ Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sued over blocking people on Twitte

BartSimpson wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
Pakistan is not under obligation to abide by the US constitution. Americans (and Ezra) have no right of access to public officials of foreign countries.


We do when they're in the USA at a public forum event.

It wasn't in the USA. It was in London. (If we're talking about Ezra's video)

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB ©