CKA Forums
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/

Obama weighs in on Canada's federal election, backs Trudeau
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/current-events-f59/obama-weighs-in-on-canada-s-federal-election-backs-trudeau-t123483.html
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Newsbot [ Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Obama weighs in on Canada's federal election, backs Trudeau

Title: Obama weighs in on Canada's federal election, backs Trudeau | CTV News
Category: Political
Posted By: Robair
Date: 2019-10-16 12:16:38
Canadian

Author:  GreenTiger [ Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

I am under the impression that it is �bad form� to get involved on another country�s elections, or is it only bad when you don�t like who is doing it.

Author:  PluggyRug [ Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Obama weighs in on Canada's federal election, backs Trudeau

:idea:

Attachments:
Krooks.jpg
Krooks.jpg [ 71.38 KiB | Viewed 7 times ]

Author:  herbie [ Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Obama weighs in on Canada's federal election, backs Trudeau

Ezra's flawed logic: that the two things have anything to do with each other.
Extreme right's flawed logic:
1 they listen to Ezra
2 their brains rotted so bad thanks to the shitstain in the White House they can't tell the difference between rooting for someone and political interference.

Author:  BeaverFever [ Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Obama weighs in on Canada's federal election, backs Trudeau

Martin Luther King III also endorsed Trudeau this weekend, despite the blackface incidents.

Author:  PluggyRug [ Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Obama weighs in on Canada's federal election, backs Trudeau

herbie wrote:

their brains rotted so bad thanks to the shitstain in the White House they can't tell the difference between rooting for someone and political interference.


You must be a denier.

Author:  DrCaleb [ Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re:

GreenTiger wrote:
I am under the impression that it is �bad form� to get involved on another country�s elections, or is it only bad when you don�t like who is doing it.


Yes, and yes.

Author:  llama66 [ Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Obama weighs in on Canada's federal election, backs Trudeau

BeaverFever wrote:
Martin Luther King III also endorsed Trudeau this weekend, despite the blackface incidents.

Who?

Author:  DrCaleb [ Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Obama weighs in on Canada's federal election, backs Trudeau

llama66 wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
Martin Luther King III also endorsed Trudeau this weekend, despite the blackface incidents.

Who?


The guy who started the reformation against the Catholic Church. He glued some papers to a church door. The third one.

Author:  raydan [ Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

DrCaleb wrote:
GreenTiger wrote:
I am under the impression that it is �bad form� to get involved on another country�s elections, or is it only bad when you don�t like who is doing it.


Yes, and yes.

In reality, it's only bad when when you don't like the person who's being backed.

I'm sure that if Obama had backed Scheer or Bernier, a few people here would be real happy about it... but also very confused. :wink:

Author:  llama66 [ Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Obama weighs in on Canada's federal election, backs Trudeau

DrCaleb wrote:
llama66 wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
Martin Luther King III also endorsed Trudeau this weekend, despite the blackface incidents.

Who?


The guy who started the reformation against the Catholic Church. He glued some papers to a church door. The third one.

Oh! That guy! Now that the Third Hand Lutheran Church has endorsed him, he'll be unstoppable.

Author:  DrCaleb [ Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

raydan wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
GreenTiger wrote:
I am under the impression that it is �bad form� to get involved on another country�s elections, or is it only bad when you don�t like who is doing it.


Yes, and yes.

In reality, it's only bad when when you don't like the person who's being backed.

I'm sure that if Obama had backed Scheer or Bernier, a few people here would be real happy about it... but also very confused. :wink:


Personally, I think it's always bad. I don't recall any comment Ronald Regan may have made about the re-election of his fishing buddy Brian Mulroney, but I'm pretty sure he didn't say a word. As it should be.

Obama may be a private citizen now, but his endorsement still carries weight. But he should still exercise his right to stay the fuck out of our elections, just as Trudeau did in 2016.

Author:  DrCaleb [ Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Obama weighs in on Canada's federal election, backs Trudeau

llama66 wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
llama66 wrote:
Who?


The guy who started the reformation against the Catholic Church. He glued some papers to a church door. The third one.

Oh! That guy! Now that the Third Hand Lutheran Church has endorsed him, he'll be unstoppable.


No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Author:  raydan [ Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

DrCaleb wrote:
Personally, I think it's always bad. I don't recall any comment Ronald Regan may have made about the re-election of his fishing buddy Brian Mulroney, but I'm pretty sure he didn't say a word. As it should be.

Obama may be a private citizen now, but his endorsement still carries weight. But he should still exercise his right to stay the fuck out of our elections, just as Trudeau did in 2016.

I think it's always bad too... maybe he only did it to piss off Trump.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB ©