CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:09 pm

It is what it is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:02 pm

Not gonna laugh because it's not funny. None of it has been and never will be. With Trump getting COVID it becomes merely ironic, given that he's been a total jackass about dealing with it from the beginning. This is merely a damn lethal bird coming home to roost in a White House where they've been behaving like total assholes and outright sociopaths about EVERYTHING since January 2017:

https://andrewsullivan.substack.com/p/r ... ality-show

$1:
It’s a terrible thing for an elderly person to get this disease, and Trump’s obesity puts him in an even more vulnerable category. No one deserves this, even those, like Trump, who openly defied prudent measures to reduce risk, and thereby helped infect and kill countless others. The president, like any human being, deserves sympathy and support.

But there is something salutary in the Trump era about reality reasserting itself in this last twist of the viral knife. The man has spent years at war with reality: living in delusions, perpetuating fantasies, imagining hoaxes, constructing conspiracies, accruing debt, rewriting history constantly as self-serving myth. At some point, reality was going to get personal in return.

:|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:14 pm

Too soon? :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:26 pm

It was bound to happen. This is huge and I don't think it will end well but we shall see in the upcoming days.

It's too bad that so many other people already, never mind those that haven't tested positive yet, are going to be going down the same road. It could have been avoided so easily.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:35 pm

My biggest concern is how the real nutcases that worship him will react if he dies. I have no doubt at all that the Alex Jones and Breitbart types will spin it as an assassination attempt because "the Democrats & communists got the same secret agent they used to kill Jeffrey Epstein and Seth Rich to infect the entire White House with COVID!". And that they'll all completely fall for it instead of ever acknowledging that it's because of the completely reckless way they've been having rallies over the last two months that's the cause of them getting sick. I have no faith in that side to act in any other way except their very worst.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:08 pm

$1:
Former White House counsellor Kellyanne Conway announced Friday night that she has tested positive for coronavirus, the latest major political figure to say they have COVID-19 after attending a Rose Garden event last Saturday where U.S. President Donald Trump announced his Supreme Court pick.

"Tonight I tested positive for COVID-19. My symptoms are mild (light cough) and I'm feeling fine. I have begun a quarantine process in consultation with physicians," Conway tweeted. "As always, my heart is with everyone affected by this global pandemic."

Conway is now the sixth person who attended the event last week, where masks and social distancing were rare, known to have subsequently tested positive. President Donald Trump, first lady Melania Trump, top Trump aide Hope Hicks, Republican Utah Sen. Mike Lee, Republican North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis and University of Notre Dame President the Rev. John Jenkins are all confirmed to be positive for COVID-19.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/america-vo ... -1.5131385
Last week. :roll: The timing for positive tests is on target.

How many other people have all those people who were there been in contact with since?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:56 am

$1:
How many other people have all those people who were there been in contact with since?

On The National, they went through the list. It's in the hundreds. :( And how many have those people infected?

At this point, I hope he gets better, but suffers long lasting consequences of the infection. Then he might have a little empathy for the millions of people he condemned to the same, while simultaneously removing their health coverage.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:13 pm

His remarks may be outrageous and incorrect about Covid 19 but if anyone is so stupid as to believe them then maybe they deserve to strengthen the gene pool by evacuating it.

And before we get onto the Donald's personal experiences with the virus remember this. Politicians and their minions tell mistruths all the time and sadly it's left up to us to make the choice as to whether we want to believe them or not.

For example, does anyone still remember March 2020. We had Theresa Tam telling us that people don't need to wear masks? Yet now she's touting the virtue of masks and telling us that we all should wear one.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1717905987907

So TBH, I could personally give a shit what Trump says about Covid 19 because, as an adult I've weighed the pro's and con's of his claims, compared then with others of varying experience and have made my decisions. So if I'm doing that, there are very likely still alot of Americans who feel the same way and won't follow their Presidents example solely based on his experiences.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:47 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
And before we get onto the Donald's personal experiences with the virus remember this. Politicians and their minions tell mistruths all the time and sadly it's left up to us to make the choice as to whether we want to believe them or not.

For example, does anyone still remember March 2020. We had Theresa Tam telling us that people don't need to wear masks? Yet now she's touting the virtue of masks and telling us that we all should wear one.

I don't really know how many time this needs to be explained.
1) Science is almost never set in stone, it evolves. It's possible that with their knowledge at the time, they didn't think it necessary, or useful (in the case of cloth masks). They then learned and changed their advice. That's how science works, information changes recommendations and conclusions over time.
2) Lots of places were concerned about availability for health care. They were concerned of the mass purchasing of N95 when the hospitals needed it. Which considering the idiots who bought trucks full of toilet paper? Not a bad concern.
$1:
So TBH, I could personally give a shit what Trump says about Covid 19 because, as an adult I've weighed the pro's and con's of his claims, compared then with others of varying experience and have made my decisions. So if I'm doing that, there are very likely still alot of Americans who feel the same way and won't follow their Presidents example solely based on his experiences.

That's great, until some idiot following the presidents example, even if you don't, still results in you getting the virus. Someone not wearing a mask in a store, could literally just breathe on something, you could pick it up bring it home and touch your face and get the virus. Unless you're sterilizing everything you pick up at a store, in which case, well done!

The fact that people don't understand this astounds me.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:55 pm

Doctors Are Warning That Trump Could Experience The Worst COVID Symptoms In The Next Week

$1:
Doctors warned that patients in the second week of the disease can suddenly get much more seriously ill.

“Week two is the worst because of the fact that you have the inflammatory response to the virus,” Cedric Dark, an assistant professor of emergency medicine at Baylor College of Medicine, told BuzzFeed News.

In the most severe cases, patients may experience a “cytokine storm,” an aggressive inflammatory immune response that causes severe lung damage. If unchecked, it can lead to multiple organ failure and death.

So knowing when exactly the president was infected and started experiencing symptoms can help assess his risks of a serious relapse.

“If we’re on week two of symptoms, then I’d feel more comfortable that he’s not going to get worse,” Dark said. “If on the other hand the president has been honest about his symptoms, then I’d be more concerned that he needs to be on alert until at least this weekend.”

The White House has its own advanced medical facility — so for Trump to return home isn’t like a regular patient being discharged from the hospital. “The level of monitoring he can have at the White House is just as good as you can get on a regular hospital floor in America,” Dark said.

Still, given the White House does not have an ICU, Wachter said that he would want to keep Trump under close observation at Walter Reed for a few days more, because of how rapidly patients can deteriorate, releasing him from the hospital only after three to four days of steady improvement without requiring oxygen.

Deterioration remains a possibility, Wachter warned. “There has got to be a least a 30% chance that he will get worse.”

Even patients who recover from the initial illness can experience longer-term problems including lung damage, neurological symptoms, and an increased risk of blood clots. Thousands of people have reported struggling with COVID-19 months after they first experienced symptoms.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:28 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

I don't really know how many time this needs to be explained.
1) Science is almost never set in stone, it evolves. It's possible that with their knowledge at the time, they didn't think it necessary, or useful (in the case of cloth masks). They then learned and changed their advice. That's how science works, information changes recommendations and conclusions over time.
2) Lots of places were concerned about availability for health care. They were concerned of the mass purchasing of N95 when the hospitals needed it. Which considering the idiots who bought trucks full of toilet paper? Not a bad concern.
$1:

That's great, until some idiot following the presidents example, even if you don't, still results in you getting the virus. Someone not wearing a mask in a store, could literally just breathe on something, you could pick it up bring it home and touch your face and get the virus. Unless you're sterilizing everything you pick up at a store, in which case, well done!

The fact that people don't understand this astounds me.

Thank you

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:49 am

Oh look, back up only a few hours and the spammers come like moths to a street lamp

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:59 am

[angel]