CKA Forums
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/

GM posts US$9.6-billion fourth-quarter loss
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/current-events-f59/gm-posts-us-9-6-billion-fourth-quarter-loss-t72802-30.html
Page 3 of 3

Author:  Axeman [ Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GM posts US$9.6-billion fourth-quarter loss

RUEZ wrote:
You must be smarter then everyone else.


Just smart enough to know the difference between "then" and "than".

Author:  RUEZ [ Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GM posts US$9.6-billion fourth-quarter loss

Axeman wrote:
RUEZ wrote:
You must be smarter then everyone else.


Just smart enough to know the difference between "then" and "than".

:lol: a grammar burn, wow.

Author:  Axeman [ Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GM posts US$9.6-billion fourth-quarter loss

RUEZ wrote:
:lol: a grammar burn, wow.


:lol: You THINKING it was a grammar burn makes it WAY funnier! :lol:

Author:  RUEZ [ Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GM posts US$9.6-billion fourth-quarter loss

Axeman wrote:
RUEZ wrote:
:lol: a grammar burn, wow.


:lol: You THINKING it was a grammar burn makes it WAY funnier! :lol:

So tell us smart guy. Why is Steven Harper an idiot? What makes you smarter than an economist?

Author:  Axeman [ Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GM posts US$9.6-billion fourth-quarter loss

RUEZ wrote:
So tell us smart guy. Why is Steven Harper an idiot? What makes you smarter than an economist?


Well, Harper ISN'T an economist. But I am. Why is he an idiot? Because dogs lick their balls. It's nature.

Author:  RUEZ [ Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GM posts US$9.6-billion fourth-quarter loss

Axeman wrote:
RUEZ wrote:
So tell us smart guy. Why is Steven Harper an idiot? What makes you smarter than an economist?


Well, Harper ISN'T an economist. But I am. Why is he an idiot? Because dogs lick their balls. It's nature.

:lol: Ok. I shall not refer to you further as someone with any answers. FYI, Harper is an economist.

Author:  Axeman [ Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GM posts US$9.6-billion fourth-quarter loss

RUEZ wrote:
:lol: Ok. I shall not refer to you further as someone with any answers. FYI, Harper is an economist.


No he's not. He's never worked a day in his life as economist, so he isn't one. A degree in economics doesn't make someone an economist any more than a degree in English Literature makes someone a novelist. And I am an economist.

Author:  RUEZ [ Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GM posts US$9.6-billion fourth-quarter loss

Axeman wrote:
RUEZ wrote:
:lol: Ok. I shall not refer to you further as someone with any answers. FYI, Harper is an economist.


No he's not. He's never worked a day in his life as economist, so he isn't one. A degree in economics doesn't make someone an economist any more than a degree in English Literature makes someone a novelist. And I am an economist.

I can get a law degree, get called to the bar and never work a day in my life and be called a lawyer.

Author:  Axeman [ Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GM posts US$9.6-billion fourth-quarter loss

RUEZ wrote:
I can get a law degree, get called to the bar and never work a day in my life and be called a lawyer.


I'm an economist. Are you? Who'd know better what makes one an economist? You or I? As Tommy Boy said "You can get a good look at a T-bone steak by jamming your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't it be easier to take the butcher's word?" A law degree brings a professional designation. An economics degree does not. One becomes an economist by working as an economist. Harper is a politician. That is his occupation. That is his vocation. If he had a degree in psychology, would you say he was a psychologist? If he had a degree in Human Kinetics would you call him an athlete? Or a coroner? My two closest buddies from grad school, Rob and Steve: Rob went to teachers' college and teaches highschool history and economics. Is he an economist or a teacher? Steve sells investments. Is he an economist or a stock broker?

Author:  dino_bobba_renno [ Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GM posts US$9.6-billion fourth-quarter loss

stemmer wrote:
This article seems to answer some of your concerns...

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html? ... fa3a3211bf

IF GM were to disappear as most of you seem to want, the economic repercussions throughout North America would be devastating.... Even Toyota has stated GM's demise would also hurt Toyota and other car manufacturers...


Not to mention I'd realy be f$#%ed because my truck would be worth it's weight in pesos and I'd have a hell of a time finding parts 8O

Author:  kenmore [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: GM posts US$9.6-billion fourth-quarter loss

I think its a rip off game.. wouldn't vote to give them a dime.

Author:  hwacker [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: GM posts US$9.6-billion fourth-quarter loss

Axeman wrote:
RUEZ wrote:
I can get a law degree, get called to the bar and never work a day in my life and be called a lawyer.


I'm an economist.


FYI smartass you're nothing on the internet. For all we know you're a pedophile, serial killer, homeless bum that has 3 million baht stored in a lost bottle floating at sea.

Author:  Axeman [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: GM posts US$9.6-billion fourth-quarter loss

hwacker wrote:
FYI smartass you're nothing on the internet. For all we know you're a pedophile, serial killer, homeless bum that has 3 million baht stored in a lost bottle floating at sea.


Maybe, but that makes none of what I said about Harper being an economist any less true. And who would claim to be an economist who wasn't? Oh wait, isn't that exactly what we were talking about?

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB ©