CKA Forums
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/

Woman knocks down Pope at Christmas Eve Mass
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/current-events-f59/woman-knocks-down-pope-at-christmas-eve-mass-t86315.html
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Newsbot [ Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Woman knocks down Pope at Christmas Eve Mass

Title: Woman knocks down Pope at Christmas Eve Mass
Category: World
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2009-12-24 19:36:11

Author:  G-prime [ Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

Darn mentally ill people, wearing robes and funny hats and talking to invisible men in the sky.

Author:  ridenrain [ Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Woman knocks down Pope at Christmas Eve Mass

Pretty tacky of the crazy old lady to take on the pope. Adding more security and seperation from the public would be a shame because of one wacky nutbar.

Author:  PublicAnimalNo9 [ Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

G-prime wrote:
Darn mentally ill people, wearing robes and funny hats and talking to invisible men in the sky.

yeah but I bet you happily take Christmas off or accept the holiday pay if you gotta work. All thanks to that invisible man in the sky. :roll:

Author:  Tricks [ Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Woman knocks down Pope at Christmas Eve Mass

She wins Christmas this year.

Author:  ridenrain [ Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Woman knocks down Pope at Christmas Eve Mass

The only thing she wins is a new jacket with long sleeves that buckle in the back.

Author:  xerxes [ Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Woman knocks down Pope at Christmas Eve Mass

ridenrain wrote:
Pretty tacky of the crazy old lady to take on the pope. Adding more security and seperation from the public would be a shame because of one wacky nutbar.


No doubt. Hopefully cooler heads prevail at the Vatican and they don't over-react too much to this.

And on the crazy lady's part, she probably lucky the Vatican Guards didn't use their halberds on her....

Author:  Public_Domain [ Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Woman knocks down Pope at Christmas Eve Mass

She's already dead and the newspapers won't talk about it tomorrow.

Author:  PublicAnimalNo9 [ Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Woman knocks down Pope at Christmas Eve Mass

Ya know, as much as I have no use whatsoever for the pope, even if I was given the opportunity, I still wouldn't do anything physically to him.
I have managed to retained SOME class and tact.
XD

Author:  Public_Domain [ Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Woman knocks down Pope at Christmas Eve Mass

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
Ya know, as much as I have no use whatsoever for the pope, even if I was given the opportunity, I still wouldn't do anything physically to him.
I have managed to retained SOME class and tact.
XD

Of course. The women I think was an odd case.

I'm an atheist, but I don't wish harm upon this man. He's a human being.

Is the woman going to be charged?

Author:  Brenda [ Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
G-prime wrote:
Darn mentally ill people, wearing robes and funny hats and talking to invisible men in the sky.

yeah but I bet you happily take Christmas off or accept the holiday pay if you gotta work. All thanks to that invisible man in the sky. :roll:

Nope. He didn't implement that. That were the PC people

Author:  PublicAnimalNo9 [ Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

Brenda wrote:
PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
G-prime wrote:
Darn mentally ill people, wearing robes and funny hats and talking to invisible men in the sky.

yeah but I bet you happily take Christmas off or accept the holiday pay if you gotta work. All thanks to that invisible man in the sky. :roll:

Nope. He didn't implement that. That were the PC people

What I was driving at is, Christmas is STILL a religious holiday, regardless of how many have tried to take the religion out of it. The holiday is there because of religion. The PC movement had nothing to do with it being a paid holiday. It was a paid holiday looong before the PC movement was even born. What the PC people HAVE done, is try and take away the religion behind Christmas. They want it to be a celebration of commercialism and consumerism. Pretty much the opposite of what Jesus' birth was about.

Author:  Brenda [ Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
What I was driving at is, Christmas is STILL a religious holiday, regardless of how many have tried to take the religion out of it. The holiday is there because of religion. The PC movement had nothing to do with it being a paid holiday. It was a paid holiday looong before the PC movement was even born. What the PC people HAVE done, is try and take away the religion behind Christmas. They want it to be a celebration of commercialism and consumerism. Pretty much the opposite of what Jesus' birth was about.

I realize that, but it was not God or Jesus who implemented it as a day off. It wasn't even the Pope.

Personally, I would like to see more paid holidays, just because we have more than one religion. I think we should have the Jewish holidays off too, and the muslim ones. :D

Author:  PublicAnimalNo9 [ Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

Brenda wrote:
PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
What I was driving at is, Christmas is STILL a religious holiday, regardless of how many have tried to take the religion out of it. The holiday is there because of religion. The PC movement had nothing to do with it being a paid holiday. It was a paid holiday looong before the PC movement was even born. What the PC people HAVE done, is try and take away the religion behind Christmas. They want it to be a celebration of commercialism and consumerism. Pretty much the opposite of what Jesus' birth was about.

I realize that, but it was not God or Jesus who implemented it as a day off. It wasn't even the Pope.

Personally, I would like to see more paid holidays, just because we have more than one religion. I think we should have the Jewish holidays off too, and the muslim ones. :D

Noooo no more paid holidays :lol: Cuz when you get screwed into working them, all the holiday pay you make goes right to the gov't.
I had a friend of mine that worked on Easter Sunday one year. He got paid triple time for it. After we figured out all the taxes that were taken off, he actually ended up making 2 bucks an hour LESS than his normal hourly wage. 8O

Author:  Brenda [ Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Woman knocks down Pope at Christmas Eve Mass

:lol: :lol:
If you have more paid holidays tho, you can rotate :D

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB ©