CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:12 pm

Run lemmy! run!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:24 pm

Really? I haven't said a thing anti-military. I'd call out anyone, regardless of their profession, who gets retirement at age 43 but thinks it's okay to make folks who don't get retirement 'til 65 have to stick it out another 2 years.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:44 pm

Bodah Bodah:
They can raise it to 70 for all I care, either way I plan to retire at 60 the latest, 55 the earliest and intend to live like Richard Proenneke and won't need that much cash. But what I do need is some fucking remote land to buy, and it would appear the government of Canada won't even let me pay rent to squat on any of it.

"Yours to discover?" my ass.

interesting factoid: oas used to kick in at 70. it was changed in the 70's. my retirement plan is to move to Belize. property is cheaper there than Canada.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:00 pm

gonavy47 gonavy47:
I only stated that it was about time federal employees got treated like everyone else.

I cannot fathom why Stephen Harper will be getting $220K+ in yearly pension. Is he planning on flying out to heaven on a F15 fighter jet?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:20 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
Really? I haven't said a thing anti-military. I'd call out anyone, regardless of their profession, who gets retirement at age 43 but thinks it's okay to make folks who don't get retirement 'til 65 have to stick it out another 2 years.

If you check the facts, the federal employees were retiring at age 60. It has now been changed to 65. Which is still 2 years sooner than ordinary Canadians. I don't see some desk jockey risking his or her life by being shot down in flames, blown up by an IED, or hit by an enemy missle, while at sea. So what's your fucking point?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:49 am

Civil servants also get paid a shit load more than members of the military, and enjoy perks that most people only dream about. A friend of mine is mid level management in StatsCan, and he can take 3 mnths off a year, at 80% of his regular pay rate, on top of his regular holidays.
When was the last time you heard news stories of people working for the feds, outside the military, having to go to foodbanks? When was the last time you heard of the military having the right to strike for better working conditions, better pay and extra benefits?

Last edited by ShepherdsDog on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:01 am

I agree. When the average joe has to put up with 22 years of what our guys have to put up with, I'll equate them both.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:10 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
I agree. When the average joe has to put up with 22 years of what our guys have to put up with, I'll equate them both.

Well, at least it's fun and educational.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:17 am

Yea, plus all that time off in exotic locations like the Falklands, Iraq, Afghanistan. And it's always nice to get away from your family for say 6 months every other year. Plus all the overtime eh?!

That said, Lemmy has always been a supporter of the troops. He's a good guy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:26 am

plus he always has doritos on hand :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:49 am

gonavy47 gonavy47:
If you check the facts, the federal employees were retiring at age 60. It has now been changed to 65. Which is still 2 years sooner than ordinary Canadians. I don't see some desk jockey risking his or her life by being shot down in flames, blown up by an IED, or hit by an enemy missle, while at sea. So what's your fucking point?

I don't begrudge you your retirement conditions. I agree with you. Our forces have earned the benefits they get. But when someone who gets to retire at 43 tells someone else that they don't deserve to retire until 67, it's just bad form.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:51 am

Yea, I agree Lemmy. This guy should reap his dues and STFU.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:09 am

I didn't want come out and say STFU, but it's just like I'd suggest to teachers that talking about changes to other professions' time-off with pay would be bad form. That suggestion wouldn't make me anti-teacher, would it?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:13 am

Nope, you always make a lot of sense. I can't believe you are Scottish.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:20 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Yea, plus all that time off in exotic locations like the Falklands, Iraq, Afghanistan. And it's always nice to get away from your family for say 6 months every other year. Plus all the overtime eh?!

That said, Lemmy has always been a supporter of the troops. He's a good guy.

awwwwww, you guys get to go to all the best vacation spots.

Shouldn't that be worth something ?

:P