Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:57 am

And, and some point, that will break us up. And the circle will be round again :)

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:05 pm

It was more rightfully given the name Climate Change which is a heck of a lot closer to the truth.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:07 pm

I think the thing that happened to global warming, and is happening, is that it is getting worse. And it is going to continue to get worse because we aren't taking it into account in our planning yet. Hopefully that will change, I see that Obama has made it more of a priority. That should help.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:23 pm

kilroy kilroy:
I think the thing that happened to global warming, and is happening, is that it is getting worse. And it is going to continue to get worse because we aren't taking it into account in our planning yet. Hopefully that will change, I see that Obama has made it more of a priority. That should help.

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

You're posting some hilarious stuff lately. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:30 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
kilroy kilroy:

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

You're posting some hilarious stuff lately. :lol:

I am very happy to hear that you are greatly amused Please let us in on what tickled your funny bone so we may enjoy it too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:42 pm

kilroy kilroy:
I am very happy to hear that you are greatly amused Please let us in on what tickled your funny bone so we may enjoy it too.

How about every single nonsensical post you've made regarding INM and Chief Ten Chins plus you're equally amusing post about global warming getting worse and Saint Obama coming to save the planet. [laughat]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:48 pm

Oh. Okay. ... Nope sorry that doesn't help. Maybe if you were to outline what it is that you are laughing at. Because so far it looks anything but funny. Which makes your uncritical comments sort of funny but not haha funny, more kind of sad funny.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:54 pm

kilroy kilroy:
Oh. Okay. ... Nope sorry that doesn't help. Maybe if you were to outline what it is that you are laughing at. Because so far it looks anything but funny. Which makes your uncritical comments sort of funny but not haha funny, more kind of sad funny.

The fact that you honestly believe the tripe you post isn't actually funny, it's mostly scary in a sad pathetic way.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:09 pm

Well then I am happy that you are amused in a kind of scared, sad, pathetic way.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:27 am

Obama isn't in a position to do much of anything. Scribble in the margins perhaps. Make some important sounding speeches. The level of CO2 will continue to rise without a binding international agreement that will be tough, economically, for a lot of countires to accept. So there will be no binding agreement. So we can pretty much predict the growth of CO2 for the next few decades.

What we can't really predict is the ecosystem response to the extra heat. So basically, the default position--as it always is for the coddled Baby Boomers-- is "Let's let the kids worry about it."

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:54 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
What we can't really predict is the ecosystem response to the extra heat.

Sure we can. There will be increased precipitation (which we are starting to see) in places that were formerly arid. Growing seasons will lengthen above 45° northern latitude and below 45° southern latitude. We'll also see crops growing in places where they haven't been seen for the past thousand years.

We're not going to see Al Gore's apocalyptic 'super storms' but we are going to see more weather as there's more energy to power it. Cloud cover will increase and clear skies will become unusual.

Eventually that can lead to more snow cover and more reflected energy and then we'll see a corrective cooling trend.

To be followed by a warming trend.

In short, climate can be expected to do the same things it's done for eons and that is to oscillate.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:18 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Sure we can. There will be increased precipitation (which we are starting to see) in places that were formerly arid. Growing seasons will lengthen above 45° northern latitude and below 45° southern latitude. We'll also see crops growing in places where they haven't been seen for the past thousand years.

We're not going to see Al Gore's apocalyptic 'super storms' but we are going to see more weather as there's more energy to power it. Cloud cover will increase and clear skies will become unusual.

Eventually that can lead to more snow cover and more reflected energy and then we'll see a corrective cooling trend.

To be followed by a warming trend.

In short, climate can be expected to do the same things it's done for eons and that is to oscillate.

Wishful thinking is not the same as evidence-based prediction.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Wishful thinking is not the same as evidence-based prediction.

True. And it didn't snow in the United Kingdom after 2009. :wink: